Status: My frist story.

Save Me With a Song

Elizabeth

When I finally got up in the afternoon my father had already left for his job. Which left mom and me alone. I couldn't never understand why the house always felt empty after father left. But I did know I always felt better when he wasn't there. I walked downstairs and found her cleaning up the breakfast dishes. She looked up as I walked in.

"Good morning." She dried her hands and walked over moving me to a seat so she could check my swelling.

"When did he leave?" I asked turning my head so she could get a better view.

"A little while ago. I'll go get some ice for that. Are you hungry? I could make something for you." She was trying her best not to talk about the fact that he wasn't there. I knew my mom breathed easier without the threat of him hanging over her all the time.

"No thanks I'll get something later. Would it be okay for me to go to that concert tonight?" She came back and handed me an ice back which I pressed to my bruised face as I spoke.

"I don't know. What time is it?" She started looking worried again.

"Eight but I'll make sure not to make any noise when I come in. Can't you tel him I'm spending the night over at someone's house?" I hated to ask but I had to go see this concert. It was the only thing that mattered right now.

"I . . . . alright dear since I know how much this means to you. Have fun." She kissed my non bruised cheek then went back to cleaning up. I smiled before getting up and heading back to my room.

Once I reached it I shut the door and smiled putting on my music and heading for my closet. I had a secret that my father didn't know about. Though my mom did. I was in a band part time. They needed a singer and I needed and outlet for all my emotions. One thing happened after another and I found myself singing on stage one night. Although it was only part time I found myself letting loose each and every time. It was nice. So as usual I pulled out my outfit for the night and looked over it smiling.

"Perfect."