Status: My frist story.

Save Me With a Song

Jake

The school day seemed to go on forever. My nerves plus the uneasy feeling in my stomach made it seem as if every second I sat behind one of those desks was an hour. I wanted to run out and see her. I wanted to feel that presence again. The presence that made my mind go blank the moment I felt it. Why couldn't the clock move faster?!

"Alright class you have the rest of the hour to finish up the assignment. i suggest you use your time wisely." Our teacher gave us what would have been an intimidating stare had it not been done by her.

I sat there tapping my foot impatiently looking at the clock. Only a few more minutes and I would be able to put my plan into action. I would go down to the office and claim that I was asked by one of the teachers to take her work home for her. Except! I didn't know where she lived so the office would have to tell me! Then I could go there and see her. The only problem was I only knew one of the classes she was in besides the one we shared and I didn't know if they had homework or not. It was a gamble but he had no other choice. When the bell rang he followed the rest of his classmates out into the halls trying his best not to be trampled.

After getting turned around twice he finally made his way to the office. Lucky for him the principal wasn't there. Also lucky for him of the two secretary's that were working the younger and nicer one was at the desk. Moving away from the door and past the delinquents who had reserved spots in the chairs by the principals office I walked over and waited for her to notice I was there. Which she did a moment after I stopped in front of her.

"Hello there. How can I help you? Do you need to make a phone call?" She smiled at me her face lighting up with the chance to help a student.

"No one of my teachers asked me to deliver some homework to another student who's out today but I don't know where she lives. Can you help me?" I did my best to look as if I really wanted to do this, hoping she wouldn't notice the tremble in my hands.

"That's no problem at all! Now I'll need their name then I can give you the address. but it'll be a secret between you and me." She winked then turned to her computer.

A few minutes later I was walking out of the school the paper with Elizabeth address stuffed into my pocket. Finally I would be able to see her again.