Status: My frist story.

Save Me With a Song

Elizabeth/Jake

When I got to school I turned he music lower. I could still hear it but we weren't allowed to have any kind of music device during school hours. The teachers usually looked the other way though if you're doing all your work. Which is how I got away with it every day. I was walking up the steps when someone plowed into my back almost knocking me over.

"Elizabeth! How are you this morning?!" small arms wrapped around my waist hugging me tightly.

I turned around and smiled a little at my friend.

"Hey Jonah how are you this morning?" I asked as he let go to beam up at me.

"Good! Momma promised me that I could have some cupcakes when I got home if I ate all my breakfast so I did!" He beamed again and I smiled.

Jonah was from the elementary school next door. He was in the school choir like I was which meant that he got attached to me. He talked about all the cool things he did yesterday while I stood there smiling. It was hard not to smile around Jonah. He was just that happy of a kid. He was telling me all about this secret fort that he was making when the bell rang and he dashed back to his school.

"See you later Elizabeth!"

I waved then walked inside. Everyone ignored me but I did the same to them. The buzz going around the school was that a new boy was starting today. What did I care? He would just be another boy who would show off to impress some girl and end up getting in trouble. I turned my music up a little louder as I walked into first hour.

-Jake-
"So you see my son is smart enough and willing to do the work. I assure you that he will cause no trouble." My mom chatted on and on as if I wasn't in the room.

"I see. Well usually we don't make such exceptions but given his record I think he will do fine in our school." The principal was an jerk. He hadn't stopped staring at my mothers chest since we'd walked in the room.

"Isn't that great Jake?!" She turned to me that strained smile on her face that meant she was waiting for me to say something.

I only nodded my head. This was her, let's see, 8 millionth 9 hundredth and second time trying to get me to talk. I'd been counting since I was little. It helped pass the time. She sighed defeated then continued discussing plans with the principal about when I should start and what my classes would be. The only thing I was thinking of was when I could finally leave the stuffy room and get back to my books. School didn't interest me in the least.