Sequel: Pas de Deux
Status: For a contest! Please tell me what you think!

Corps de Swans

Cinq

“I need new shoes dad!”

“Yeah. Same here!”

“Me three here!”

“There’s these new shoes for sale dad!”

“It’s just another pair dad!”

I rubbed my temples as I listened to them at the kitchen table in the morning. This was one of the reasons I never got up early to join them for breakfast. I looked up to see my father’s face and his reaction to what the sisters wanted. I’m a bit surprised to be honest, that he hadn’t caught on to the girls needing new shoes almost every two and a half weeks.

But he never asked questions. He simply gave the girls what they wanted.

I shook my head and took a bite out of my apple.

“Something you have to say Lucinda?” My mother’s snotty tone asked me.

“No mother. Just thinking about all the work that has to be done for the girls I’m teaching.” I lied.

“Oh! Talking about dance, there is a place downtown where they are hosting auditions for a ballet that they are presenting!” My mother said excitedly and clapped her hands. “The play is… the Swan Lake play darlings!”

All the girls shirked, yelled, jumped up and down, and did about everything else.

“When are the auditions?” I asked and quickly regretted doing so. Everyone went silent and glared at me for killing the moment.

“And you couldn’t wait could you? I was going to say that after all the excitement had calmed down.” My mom shook her head and looked at the rest of the girls. “The auditions will be on Thursday. So, practice and practice girls! I’ll inform your dance teachers to start giving you all privet lessons starting this afternoon!”

I held in a sigh and looked at the time. Grabbing my plate and cup, I placed it in the sink and took my keys out of my pocket. “Time to go.” I told the girls, but they were already chitchatting their way out the door. I followed behind them until I heard rushing footsteps come down the stairs.

“Sweetie, your dance bag.” Holly, a maid who worked here since I was born and treated me more like a daughter then my own mother did, said. She handed me the bag which I took with a smile and thanked her. “Also, I would like to talk to you after you come home if you don’t mind dear.” She said quietly, glancing around to make sure no one heard. She had this serious and concern look on her face that made me frown. Either way, I nodded and told her I would look for her when I got home. I jogged to the car and started the engine.

I dropped the girls twenty minutes later and let out a deep breath before I drove to the dance studio where I had little dancers waiting for me.

“Lucinda! Have you heard? They are putting auditions up for the Swan Lake ballet! You’re doing it right?” My manager practically yelled.

“Uh…I…don’t know.” I said honestly.

“Well you should.” A male voice said from behind me. I turned around and came face to face with Malcom. He smiled and held his little nieces hand in his.

I gave him a weak smile and blushed. “I’ll think about it.” I told my manager.

“Well, you have the studio keys, so you can come in whenever!” She replied with a huge smile on her face. Then she focused her attention on Malcom. “So, Malcom, this is your niece’s new instructor Lucinda.” She introduced us.

“Yes. We’ve met already.” He said looking at me with his deep brown eyes.

“Oh, even better then!” My manager laughed. “Lucinda, this is Julie, Malcom’s niece.”

I looked down at Julie and bent down. “Hey Julie! You ready to have some fun dancing?” I smiled at her shy face. She gave me a weak nod. “Come on then.” I extended my arm waiting for her to grab it.

“Can I go?” She asked looking up at Malcom.

“Definitely sweetheart. Go.” He urged her and she grabbed my hand with a smile. “I’ll talk to you after class Lucinda?” He said looking at me.

“Yeah. Sure.” I nodded and glanced at my manager who was smiling at us the whole time. “Well, I better get going. The girls are probably wondering where I am.” I told them and walked with Julie into a dance room. I introduced her to the rest of the class before beginning our warm up.

But during that whole time, I couldn’t shake this feeling I had in my stomach. One reason could be because of seeing Malcom again this morning and because I didn’t know what I would tell him after class about why I didn’t want my sisters to see him last night at the club. Another reason could be because of what Holly told me before I left the house. I have never seen her so serious or worried before, and that frightened me.

That frightened me because what she would tell me tonight, would not be something I will like.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heyy!! Okayyy, So I'm SOOOOOOOOO sorrry that I didnt update for the third time like I said in the last chapter. But...I fell asleeep!!!!! I"m sorrryyyyyyyy!!!! But, here's the chapter!! Yyaaya, and there wll most likely be two more this afternoon! Promise for sure!!! Lol! Now, I have to go and do couple things around the house! Stay tuned for the next chapter and TELLL me what you guys think!! Liking it so far???? =)

Thank you too all my subscribers too!!! Love ya guys!

Comment/Subscribe/Recommend! Love ya'll!