Sequel: Pas de Deux
Status: For a contest! Please tell me what you think!

Corps de Swans

Six

"Wonderful! Just wonderful guys! You did amazing today! Keep it up and Ill see you tomorrow!" I smiled at all the girls and hugged the ones who came to me to say goodbye. Julie quickly grabbed my hand and dragged me out to meet Malcom.

"Uncle uncle! It was AWESOME! And SO much fun!" She giggled and jumped up and down with excitement. I allowed myself to chuckle as I watched them quietly.

"Hope she wasn't too much trouble." Malcom said, with a hint of a smile on his face.

"None at all." I assured him and realized he was teasing.

"Want to go and get ice cream with us?" He asked me, picking Julie up.

"Um...Give me a second." I told him and checked my phone. Holly had text me saying that mother and father would be picking the girls up from now on because of their privet lessons. I rolled my eyes and shut my phone. "Yeah. That sounds great. Let me go punch out." I walked over, punched out, and waved goodbye to my manager.

"The ice cream place is walking distance, if you don't mind walking..." Malcom informed me.

"That's fine." I nodded and followed him out. " So you work for my father huh? How hard is that?" I questioned. I was curious and wondered how other people put up with him.

"It's not that bad. Yes, he does get a little too bossy at times, but he normally just gives you a list of things to do and that's it." He responded with a small shrug,

"Wow....I'm surprised." My voice came out quietly.

"Talking about surprises...It was a surprise to see you at the club last night." He smiled a bit remembering. I blushed and shook my head. "I didn't know you danced there at nights too." He commented.

"I do..."

"And your sisters also? That's a bit of a...well weird situation. I mean, aren't some of them a bit too young to even be at a club?" He rose an eyebrow looking at me.

"They are but...You see, it's complicated."

"Great. Then uncomplicated it once we get our ice cream!" He chuckled and opened the door to the place. He looked at the menu and asked Julie what she wanted. She ordered what any typical little girl would: Chocolate ice cream with melted chocolate on top of it. I smiled a bit and ordered vanilla ice cream in a cone. Malcom ordered the same as his niece and we walked out on back toward a playground after we received our ice cream cones.

"Okay. Now I would greatly appreciate it if you told me what happened last night."

I gave a small sigh and watched Julie walk around the playground licking her ice cream. "The reason I don't want them, to see you is because of my parents. If my sisters see you there, they will assume the worst. They will either tell my parents I work there and they don't, or they will come up with something different. Either way, it wont end well for me."

"And what makes you think I wont tell your father on my own?" He chipped in.

"Because then you would have to go against twelve voices who says they didn't see you and don't have a clue about you going to the club because they would claim they've never been there." I froze and looked at him. "Please tell me your not really considering telling him."

He shook his head. "Of course not...But he did mention recently about having to keep getting shoes for them and if I see anything weird, to tell him."

"Well...then you've seen nothing weird." I said and took a bite out of my ice cream.

He placed his hand over mine and looked at me. "Why are you so afraid of your sisters? And if you are...why don't you leave?"

There goes that question again.

"It's, " I shook my head, "complicated."

"We have plenty of time Lucinda..." He said with a sweet smile. A smile that told me he was patient and willing to accept any answer I gave him.

I sighed and lost my appetite for my ice cream. "My parents have always preferred any of my eleven sisters over me. It has always been that way. They will believe anything my sister tell them about me in a heartbeat. As to why I don't just leave? I really don't know. I don't like it there but I feel like there's something there that I need to figure out first."

Something that I knew involved the strange noise I heard above me during dinner last night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yayaya, another update! Duuunnn dunnnndunnn! Hahah, wondering whats up there? Susbscribe and find out!!! Lol, Hope you guys liked the chapter. Short chapters though are soon to come! Tell me what ya think of the story sooooo far!

Special shout out to my new commenter, Tipsy Returns! Thank you!

Comment/Subscribe/Recommend! Love ya'll!