Does a Break Happen?

A HEART FOREVER LOVED

Kendall woke Jade up, she changed for her run (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=64013427) that they both began doing in the mornings about six months ago. They mostly go running in the park near their house, but Kendall liked to change things up sometimes. However on this particular morning, they returned to the park. Kendall decided to push themselves to do another lap around when they both felt a sharp pain in their back and both fell. Jade fought the urge to close her eyes, she looked over at Kendall, they both grabbed each others’ hands and held them until the paramedics came. They took Kendall in one ambulance and Jade in another, working on them. Jade was in and out of consciousness, she remembered one of the paramedics saying multiple gun shot wounds then she blacked out again. Both of them were rushed into surgery, their friends and family called. Carlos was taking it the hardest, he kept asking every hour if they’d get any news or anything on Jade. None of them were told anything which made it worse. Logan:” Can we please have some type of information on our friends; Jade McIntyre and Kendall Schmidt?” Nurse:” They’re both still in surgery at the moment. They were both shot three times in the back.” Logan thanked her and went back to the group of saddened faces of friends and family, he informed them what the nurse just told him. Erin:” Oh my, who would want to do such a thing as shoot them. I don’t understand, they’re nothing but good nice people who try and make everyone around them better and give back to their fans and community.”
An hour and a half later both Kendall and Jade were in recovery from surgery. Their doctors went to inform their family and friends. Doctor Avery:” Kendall was shot in the back three times, two bullets missing major arteries and organs, but the third bullet lodged into his heart. We were able to remove it, and patch up the wound it caused. He’s strong, do know that.” James thanked him and a few moments later Jade’s doctor came over. Doctor Paul:” Jade was shot three times in the back two bullets went through her lungs and the third went through her heart. The lungs were patched nicely, but her heart was damaged severely. We were able to patch it up but we have put her on the transplant list. She’s in a chemically induced coma so she won’t feel the pain.” James thanked him after asking the chances, and he looked at both Erin and Carlos who turned to face each other and cried on each other’s shoulders. Logan:” If they can’t get her a heart and we lose her, it’s going to crush Kendall.” Everyone nodded, none of them went home, they hung out at the hospital. Two days later, Kendall woke up but they couldn’t see him yet, a cop came to talk to them but Kendall first. Cop:” Kendall, do you know who’d want to harm you and Ms. McIntyre?” Kendall:” No, no one sir. We’re nothing but nice honest people.” Cop:” Do you have any fans that might want to hurt the both of you?” Kendall:” There could be but all of our fans are nice that we’ve met.” Cop:” Do you know what might set any fans off, to do something like this?” Kendall:” No not that…wait, they might’ve found out that I was going to propose to Jade. That might upset some fans but as far as names, I can’t help you.” The cop thanked him and went to talk to the others, Kendall ran for the nurse. Kendall:” In my belongings, is there a ring box?” She told him she’ll go check, and came back. The nurse told him he’ll have to ask his doctor to see if he knows. He thanked her and asked if he had any visitors, once the cop was done talking to them, Erin, James, Logan and Carlos went in. After about ten minutes, Kendall asked if they knew anything about Jade. Erin:” She was hit worse, two of the bullets went through her lungs and one through her heart that made a huge hole. They fixed it but it’s not working the way it’s supposed to. They put her on the transplant list and she’s in a chemically induced coma.” She began crying, Carlos:” Do you remember what happened?” Kendall:” Yes, I took a phone call from Ryan Secrest who said that some of the photographers caught me ring shopping last week, so he wanted to know if that meant I was going to propose. I told him when I decide to do that he’ll be the first to know. I woke Jade up, we both changed and went for our morning run. We did our four laps around the park and I thought we could do another. As we were about to start the last lap we looked at each other jogging and both felt pain. We were listening to music and when we fell we both looked at each other. We both reached for the others hand waiting for the paramedics to come. I noticed she was fighting, she was fighting the urge to close her eyes and she looked terrified.”
Kendall moved the blanket and exposed the ring box, Kendall:” I was actually going to propose to her!” Carlos:” Did she tell you what she did the other day, when she was with us?” Kendall shook his head no, Logan:” Her favorite songs on our Elevate album. She decided to do her own and the last one she did that she put everything in was: You’re not Alone. She made them for you!” That was when Kendall broke down. Kendall:” I don’t know what I’ll do if I lose her.” He asked the nurse for a wheelchair and the number to the room Jade’s in, and went to see her. Kendall put his hand on hers and lost it again.
A month later with no matches even close to Jade, Kendall decided to have them wake her. When her eyes opened and she saw Kendall she smiled, she moved her and to touch his cheek. Kendall:” Jade, will you marry me?” Jade:” Yes of course I will Kendall, I love you.” Kendall was trying to hold off, and hope that they were going to get closer to finding someone with a heart for her, but he had given up hope. Kendall:” Good, I’m waiting for the priest to come so we can start and do it now.” Right as the priest was about to start, the nurses rushed into the room and smiled at him. When the nurse informed Kendall that a car crash victim passed away moments ago, but that she was a match to Jade, Kendall was crying with joy and excitement. Kendall:” Do you hear that baby, you’re getting a new heart!” Jade looked at him with sorrow in her eyes, Jade:” I love you Kendall. I love you.” As they took her away, he called out to her telling her to hold on, to fight and not give up. The doctor came out a few hours later, Doctor Paul:” Kendall I hate to say this to you, I’m really sorry but Jade didn’t make it. Her heart stopped on the table, they couldn’t get it to restart to finish the surgery.” Kendall dropped to his knees and cried, Erin and Carlos both rushed to his side to join him. Kendall looked up at them and the rest of the faces he has come to love, he took a scalpel and cut himself across both of his wrists and neck. His luck, the pills he took earlier were blood thinners so when he cut himself, he’d bleed and they’d have a hard time stopping him from bleeding out. Erin:” He said she was his world, his everything. I guess if she’s gone, this is his way of saying he can’t live without her.” As he lay dying on the floor with doctors and nurses rushing to stop the bleeding and fussing over him, he looked at his friends’ faces and his last gurgling breath he said “I’m coming, Jade!”