Status: New story

Addicted to You

It's A Date

Tom fidgeted with his phone for a while, unsure whether or not he should call her. He wanted to hear her voice, he wanted to see her face.
He wanted her.
But should he pursue it? It all had felt so right, but dating a fellow NA member was frowned upon. Besides, did she look at him as more than just a confidant? A friend?
Tom sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.
Well, I suppose there's only one way to find out...
Tom quickly hit "Call" next to Lucrezia's name in his phone before he could stop himself.
It rang... And rang... And rang... And right when he prepared himself to get her voicemail and hang up, she answered.

"Hello?" And her voice was just as beautiful as he'd remembered it being two days ago. Tom was taken by surprise for a moment, but quickly willed his brain to work and spoke.
"Hey, is this Lucrezia?" He asked, then rolled his eyes at himself. Of course it was her, like there was anyone else in the world with that amazingly delicate, yet sexy voice.
"Lucrezia?" She asked, sounding confused, but then she took in a surprised breath. "Tom?!"
Tom chuckled. He had forgotten that she had said that no one called her Lucrezia but her family. And, he was pleasantly surprised that she remembered his likeness for her name, enough to identify him with the memory...
"Hello," he said softly. Lucrezia giggled.
"Why, I thought you had forgotten about me!" She exclaimed playfully.
Tom wanted to respond "Forget about you? I have thought only of you this entire time!" But , instead he said;
"Of course not."
"Well, I'm glad," she replied, then let out a soft breath. "So, what's up?"
Tom's heart began to thud. What an idiot he was! He wanted to call, he wanted to hear her voice again, but he didn't think about what he would say when asked why he was calling. He couldn't tell her it was because he missed her, because he couldn't get her off his mind... Could he?
No, of course not.
"I, uhm, I just wanted to see, uh..."
Lucrezia let out a giggle that said she didn't want to laugh at him, but she couldn't help it, then, she saved him.
"Hey, Tom," she interrupted him, "I have no food in my apartment and I'm starving. You'd be my hero if you would take me out for some dinner."
Tom smiled happily. She was amazing. She spared him the awkwardness of asking her out and instead asked him out to dinner. That had never happened to Tom before. Usually, it seemed like women enjoyed watching men suffer as they tried to figure out the right words to say as well as continuously building up the courage to say each word.
"Ye-yeah, of course I'll take you," Tom managed. "I'd be honored."
Lucrezia sighed dreamily.
"Honored he says. How proper," she teased. Tom laughed before she continued. "How about you pick me up at the place we had coffee at the other day at say... Six? Does that work for you?"
"Of course. It's a date," Tom answered almost too enthusiastically before scolding himself for sounding so excited. Lucrezia giggled.
"A date? I don't believe I said anything about a date," she stated playfully. Tim's heart almost stopped at his mistake; assuming it was a date and therefor showing more of his interest in her than he wanted to. He began to stutter.
"Oh, I, uh... I only meant-"
"But a date sounds lovely," Lucrezia interrupted in a voice that made it easy for Tom to imagine the soft smile that was on her face. Tom let out a relieved sigh.
"Uhm... Great. Yes, lovely. I'll see you then," Tom managed to spit out. Lucrezia giggled again, seemingly amused at the nervousness that was so obvious in Tom's voice. If it were anyone else, he'd think it rude to enjoy listening to someone make a fool out of themselves, but with Lucrezia he knew it was nothing of the sort.
"See you then, Tom."
♠ ♠ ♠
To my few readers: sorry I took so long! Thank you so much for your patience and I hope you'll continue to be patience and not gice up on this story and continue read and enjoy. Feedback would be incredible. This chapter is dedicated to Hannah1007700 who has been such a wonderful reader and very patient with me. Not to mention gives incredible feed back!
Appreciate you, girl!!