Status: New story

Addicted to You

Feeling A Bit Overdressed

At around 6:15, Lucrezia pulled up outside of the cafe where she and Tom had shared a cup of tea and an amazing conversation after first meeting at the N/A meeting. She didn't like being late, but it took her far too long to get ready, nervous to see Tom again. Yes, nervous. She was never one to get nervous about seeing a guy, but something was different about Tom. Something about him made Louie want nothing more for him to like her. Which, was ridiculous. She knew that dating a member of your N/A group was frowned upon, but honestly, she didn't care. Tom was such an amazing guy, which was a lot different than what she was used to in men. She always dating arrogant jerks and, apparently, like her last boyfriend, the one who got her hooked on heroin, abusive ones. So, not only was she willing to break all the rules for Tom simply because he was so sweet, funny, and, unlike anyone else she dated, he was shy, she was also willing to do it because she simply felt so comfortable around him from the very beginning. She knew that was why she had opened up to Tom about her abusive ex boyfriend when she hadn't opened up to anyone but her counselor about it.
Before going into the cafe, she quickly pulled her little mirror out of her bag to check her makeup and hair. Once satisfied that everything looked presentable, she placed her mirror back in the bag before pulling a cigarette out of her purse and lighting it up. It would help her nerves. She knew she was already late, but she knew Tom wouldn't mind, the sweet, understanding man he was.
Just as she was taking the last drag of her cigarette, she was frightened by a knock on her driver's side door window. Louie jumped, startled and caught by surprise, before looking out of the window to see a smiling Tom, peering at her through the window. Louie smiled before holding up her index finger, indicating for him to wait as she put out her cigarette, stuck the pack in her purse, and pulling out her packet of gum. She placed a stick of it in her mouth to ride her breath of the stench of cigarette smoke. She placed the pack of gum in her purse, took the key out of the ignition, and grabbed her purse before stepping out of the car. Tom stepped back and watched her as she closed the car door and locked the car. She turned to Tom and smiled.
"Hello, Tom," Louie greeted him with a warm smile. Tom smiled back.
"Lucrezia. It's great to see you again," Tom stated, giving a slight bow of his head. Louie giggled. She kept forgetting that Tom had decided he liked her full name and decided he would call her by it. And, since only her family called her Lucrezia, it would take a while to get used to having someone outside of the family use her full name.
"And it's great to see you. Thanks for agreeing to take me out," she spoke softly. Tom waved her gratitude away.
"It's my pleasure, I assure you." Tom stated. Louie smiled at this. Tom was such a wonderful guy. Nothing like the jerks she had dated in the past. Especially her latest ex.
Louie examined the handsome man in front of her. His outfit was casual but still slightly dressy. He wore a pair of black but whitewashed jeans, slightly tight in the legs but fairly loose in his hips and waist.Louie was afraid she was a little too dressed up for whatever Tom had in mind for their little dinner date, with her black dress with large, white polka dots. The dress had a V neckline, the top half of it hugging her curves until right at her waist, where the skirt of the dress started, flaring out and ending right above her knees. She was wearing her white and black pumps. Her hair was pulled back into a Pompadour/pony tail. She had on light makeup, though. Just some eyeliner on her top and bottom lids, some thickening mascara, and a light layer of red lipstick on her naturally full lips.
Louie fidgeted with the hem of the skirt of her dress, nervous she looked like a fool, all dressed up when he looked so casual. Though, he did look fine. Louie couldn't deny she was attracted to the man ever since she first met him, with his sharp nose, full lips she longed to feel against her own, and his lovely, brown eyes.
"I'm afraid I feel a bit over dressed..." She motioned to her outfit and then to his. Tom smiled and shook his head.
"You look incredible," Tom spoke softly with a sweet smile."Absolutely breath taking, actually." This he spoke under his breath, as if he didn't really want Louie to hear it. Louie giggled and lowered my gaze to the sidewalk, a blush creeping to her cheeks.
"And you don't look too bad yourself, Mister Hardy."
Tom smiled sheepishly, and there was a moment of silence between them before Louie broke it.
"So, where will we be eating?" Louie asked, desperate to end their shy silence.Tom smiled before holding up his index finger.
"Wait here," he demanded before turning and jogging a few cars down to what Louie assumed was his car, which looked like a simple Hyundai Genesis. She watched from her spot as he got into the trunk and pulled out what looked like two picnic baskets. Louie smiled at him as he carried them down to where she was standing. He held up the two baskets and smiled.
"I bought us some sandwiches, fruit, and wine. I thought since it's such a beautiful day out, and the park is only a few block down, we could have a picnic!"
Louie giggled at his excitement.
"That sounds wonderful, Tom. I haven't been on a picnic since I was a child!" Louie informed him. Tom frowned a bit.
"that long, huh? Well, Miss Lucrezia, you're about to find out what you've been missing!"
♠ ♠ ♠
FINALLY UPDATED.
Sorry it took so long, and sorry this chapter was boring. Just a bit of a filler so I can take this story slow and stretch it out. The next chapter should be more eventful.
As usual, comments make me so happy and makes me more excited to get an update up. So, please make my day and comment!! I will be eternally grateful!
Love you guys and thanks for your patience. You're the best!