Status: hiatus

She's Come Undone

Hide and Seek

"Momma, who's the man at the door? He sounds scary!" I heard a voice from inside.

She has a daughter? Is she with someone? Why didn't I know about this? All of these questions raced through my mind. What would she think of me now? Why does she hate me so much?

"What the fuck are you doing here?" hissed Devin from a crack in the door, "Can't you see she wants nothing to do with you?"

"I-I just want to talk to her," I stammered.

"Look, she has a life now, and it's been going pretty good. But she doesn't want you screwing it up!" she said slamming the door in my face. I probably deserved it. But being the relentless fool I am, I knocked on the door, yet again.

"Momma, who's at the door?" I heard the little girl ask Melody again.

"Nobody, sweet pea, he'll be leaving now." she said softly, then opening the door.

"Why don't you understand the word leave!?" she said stepping all the way out and closing the door behind her.

"Melody, you look so different," I said looking at her platnium blonde hair, which was so different from the black and dark pink it had once been.

"Shut up, asshole. If you don't leave in the next ten seconds I'm calling the police," he said glaring at me.

"Okay, just give me a minute," I pleaded.

"No! You get out of here and leave me alone!" she yelled.

"Mel! I just need to talk to you for two seconds!"

"Don't you dare call me that!" she said pointing a finger at my face.

"Melody, just, just please! Give me another chance! I need to make up for what I did," I said. I was ready to get down on my knees and beg. Beg for her forgiveness.

"Nothing, can make up for what you did. There is no way you could ever make this up to me. You left me. And you never even said so much as a goodbye! You never called, you never wrote, you never even made so much as an attempt to check up on me. Plead all you want, but it's not going to change anything."she said coldly.

"Look, Melody. You and I both know that we were best friends. We used to tell each other everything. Don't you trust me anymore? And you know, not a single day went by that I didn't think about you. You can believe all you want, that I don't care about you, and that neither do any of the other guys, but the truth is, all of us care about you. When I saw you in that restaurant today, I think my heart stopped beating. You were smiling, you looked up at me, and then you just booked. I just couldn't figure it out. Please Melody, just, give me another chance. Please?" I begged for her forgiveness. I prayed that that would changed her mind.

"Alright asshole. Look, that little girl in there? She's yours. I'll think about us being friends again, but it's going to take a hell of a lot more than that to make it up to me. And mind you, the only reason I am doing this, is because that little girl in there deserves to know the truth. You got that?" she said putting her hands in her hips.

I could not believe the words that just escaped her lips. I stuttered, not knowing what to say. Her emotions escalated, and she became even more furious. Or hurt, I couldn't tell which.

"Say something..." she said with wide eyes.

I couldn't muster up the words to say. I wasn't a father, this couldn't be happening. I'm not ready to handle these responsibilities! She has to be lying. She has to be.

"What?" was all I could bring myself to say. Her anger and rage were much clearer now.

"What do you mean what!? You heard what I said!" he said clenching her fists.

"Sh-she's mine?" I stuttered, "She can't be,"

"You wouldn't dare deny this, or leave again, now even know that about Allie. Would you?" she asked, the moisture forming at her eyes.

I couldn't say anything. I was frozen in shock. Melody misread my expression.

"I can't believe it! You would! Don't you ever come back here again! You endacious, flagrant little-"

"Melody, is everything alright?" a voice interrupted her. The voice was calm, diplomatic, and surprisingly suave. It was almost angelic, but it belonged to a man. Melody's expression did a flip-flop. It went from almost purple with rage, to a pinkish color with a smile. I whipped around to see who in the right mind could possibly charm a girl likemy Melody like that. I was immediately met by the most dazzling human I have ever laid eyes on. And this was a lot coming from Zacky Vengeance.

He had pale green eyes with a little bit of reddish-brown around his pupils. His light brown hair shagged over them slightly, passing his eyebrows. His face held his high cheekbones, square jaw, and perfectly rectangular nose in the most comely way. This mystery man wore a black button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, and the neck unbuttoned slightly, showing off his flawless chest. Obviously, he was showing off his muscles. I hate it when guys do that. Well, except for Matt and Rev. Who almost always have their shirts off. I looked up at the man who was several inches taller than me. His expression changed, looking directly at me, from a crooked smile to one with no emotion at all.

"Melody, who is this?" he said motioning to me. I hated his smooth voice already.

"Someone who was just about to leave." she spat coldly.

"Now, now. There's no reason to be catty." he said softly walking past me and over to her.

As he walked by me, his scent blew right in my face. I was taken back by the way he smelled, half expecting him to be overloaded with some designer cologne. But he wasn't, it was strong, but just right. And this was definitely not cologne. His smell was sweet, very fragrant and- whoa! Hold the phone! I was starting to sound like a girl. Almost like Zina. I cringed at my thoughts.

"Rhett, this is um, him," he said eying me cautiously. She laced their fingers together, and I noticed at once who he was.

There, on Melody's left hand, was the biggest rock I had ever seen. It was simple, but must have cost a fortune none the less. No doubt it was at least seven or eight karats, set in white gold. He was her fiance. Now I was the one furious. And definitely jealous. Not that I would ever admit that.

"Oh," he said outstretching his hand, "Pleased to meet you, Zack. My name is Rhett."

I tightened my jaw, pursed my lips, and shook his hand unwillingly. I definitely do not like this guy. He was too formal, and much too polite.

"Melody told me a lot about you." he said looking into my eyes as if he were picking through my thoughts.

"Well I guess you know the whole story then," I sighed, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes," he said. His answer was much too simple.

"So then I guess I don't have to say anything more with somebody who's obviously not wanting to see me, so I'll be on my way." I said starting to turn on my heel down the hallway. Melody put a warm hand on my shoulder.

"Zacky, I see what you're trying to do," she said with a sad look on her face. She could read me like a book. "And I just want you to meet her,"

"Uh, I actually have somewhere I need to be," I said trying to avoid seeing Allie. It felt weird thinking her name like that...

"Okay, tomorrow meet Allie and I in Central Park. Te playground next to the zoo. Please?" Mel looked at me with those pleading puppy dog eyes that she used whenever she didn't get what she wanted. It brought me back to times when we were friends. Best friends.

"Sure," I said simply. A smile stretched across her face.

"Oh thank you Zacky! You have no idea how much this means to us!" she said enveloping me into a large hug. "But I still hate your guts, and you are lucky that Rhett is here" she whispered maliciously into my ear. I cringed, and I could have sworn I felt her stifle a giggle.

My cell phone then started to make an odd sound, being muffled in my pocket. Melody slipped off of me, and back into Rhett's arms. I pressed the small green button.

"Hello?"

"Dude! Where the fuck are you?! You took off like a bat outta hell!" screamed Brian.

"Yeah, uh, I... ran into someone. I'll be there in ten."

"Yeah okay. Whatever," he said hanging up the phone. I listened to the dial tone for a moment, deciding on what to say to Mel.

"Gotta go?" she asked, faking a sad face.

"Uh, yeah, sorry Mel. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" I said shoving my phone back into my jeans.

"Alright. Eleven o' clock." she said waving timidly.

"Mmhmm," I said waving back.

She smiled a little wider, against her will, and then I practically ran back down the stairwell, in too much of a rush to use the elevator beside me. The door shut, and I stole one more glance at her through the window. Rhett had his arms tightly around her, with his face hidden in the crook of her neck. I watched him inhale deeply, almost like he was sniffing her. 'This guy really is crazy,' I thought to myself as I raced down the steps.
♠ ♠ ♠
wow this took a while,
Im really sorry, but updates have been tough,
i have all of these end of the year tests,
hopefully it will be easier in the summertime.
xoxo