Summer in Oahu

chapter 1, page 1 ~

I chugged the last bit of Redbull out of the can.
Studying for exams was not exactly my forte. Whose bright idea was it to make kids take one hundred question tests on their last couple days of school anyways?
I was fighting to stay awake just so I could finish highlighting and studying the last of my Shakespeare vocabulary words. I checked my iPhone5 to see what time it was, 2:13. Great another late night of studying and only getting a couple hours of sleep because I know probably around four am I'll be wide awake, insomnia was a pain in the ass.
I finally finished my vocab words. I put the cap back on my pen and highlighter and shut my 3-ring binder, I pressed the lock button on my phone to light up the screen and used the light coming from the screen as a flashlight to make my way to my bed where my brindle French bulldog Massie was waiting for me. My parents got me Massie for Christmas two years ago, Massie was barely a month old I was instantly in love with her and Massie was in love with me too. Massie didn't go to sleep until I went to sleep and Massie woke up when I woke up, she was so perfect.
I crawled into bed, Massie laying on her little pillow next to mine waiting for me. "Goodnight Massie" I said rolling onto my side and almost immediately falling fast asleep.
"Keegan! Honey it's time to wake up! Its your last day of junior year!" My mom cracked open my door and peered at me. "I'm up mom, I'm up... I groaned. Massie came up to me and put her face in mine. "Eww Massie your breath is horrible!" I said kissing her. I rolled out of bed and walked downstairs and into the kitchen to feed Massie, she started going in circles and jumping back on her hind legs. I put her food bowl down and walked back upstairs. I went to my closet and pulled out a white lace tank top and jean shorts (The outfit every girl rocked in Arizona in spring and summer) and brown sandals. Next I walked into the bathroom and looked in the mirror. I had long wavy dirty blonde hair with highlights to down on the weird brownish blonde tones, bright green eyes and I was tan, thank God for living in Arizona, having a pool and my mothers Greek heritage for a natural tan even when it was a little chilly in AZ. I lived in Yellow Wood Arizona, a small town outside of Phoenix that no one really knew about. We had one high school, we had Wal-Mart (not even a target!) and generic grocery store, one middle school, two elementary schools, one pizza place. Yellow Wood was small and boring and there was really nothing to do, we have a super lame mall with like two good stores, I was so excited to leave this place I cant wait to go off to college, hopefully USC, my dream school.
I put gel in my hands and ran my fingers through my hair to tame my big waves. I normally straight iron my hair but since it was the last day of school I wasn't about to care all that much. I pulled out my make up bag and added moisturizer, foundation a little touch of powder and some bronzer to my face, then for my eyes I did a nude eye shadow a little bit of eye liner and mascara, pretty natural I didn't really even enjoy wearing make up, but since my skin tone was a little weird some spots of my face tanner than others I needed to. I grabbed my backpack and walked down stairs back into the kitchen.
"Good morning Daddy," I said when I walked into the room. "Good morning honey" He smiled at me, I was for sure daddy's little girl. I was their last child they had left. When my mom and my dad first met they were in college and my mom got pregnant and they had planned for a girl. They got her room all set up, they had everything strollers, car seat, bottles, breast milk pump- EVERYTHING. But then something went wrong in the pregnancy and my parents baby girl ended up being a still born, then after my parents graduated college and started in the marine biology field they had my older brother, Shawn (three years later they had me). When I was six and Shawn was nine my parents took us to their home town in Arizona and took us horse back riding on my moms best friends ranch. Shawn got one of those spooked horses who was scared of everything the slightest noise made him flip out, while we were riding over the hills Shawn's horse saw something that made him bolt and threw Shawn right off of him and Shawn hit his head on a rock, broke both arms dislocated his knee but it was two late by the time EMTs got to the ranch Shawn was dead, normally this would crush parents, moms would become suicidal and end up always crying and fathers become alcoholics or something and blame themselves but not my parents they became super parents always putting me first and never missing out on anything. They were always there for every one of my track meets, always being there to take homecoming pictures and my prom pictures, even in elementary school my mom would be there to help out in the classroom, I was so lucky to have parents like them, they loved and spoiled me unconditionally I loved them.
I sat down at the table and sipped some of dads orange juice. "Sure, you can have some." He looked up from his blackberry. "Haha, I was just really thirsty" I said putting down his glass. "We have drinks Keegan." He said. "Yeah I know I went grocery shopping with mom yesterday." I said. "Bullshit Keegan you waited in the car," My mom said putting down a plate of bacon and eggs in front of me. I laughed and started in on my breakfast.
When I was done I went to the bathroom brushed my teeth and swigged some mouthwash. I walked out and picked up my backpack. "Bye mom! Bye dad!! Have a good day at work, I love you!" I walked into the garage and there she was, my baby, my red Honda civic, my parents got her when I turned sixteen for my birthday of course and good grades It was perfect I loved it.
I opened up the sunroof and drove out of my neighborhood to school, thank god it was the last day I don't know if I could take waking up early, taking tests, studying, spending beautiful days cooped up in a classroom when I should be laying on a pool chair in my back yard gazing at the beautiful Arizona sky.
I pulled into the parking lot and drove to my parking space which was by the football field under a palm tree,
"KEEEEEGAAAAN!" I heard my name as I got out of my car. Tessa Jones, my absolute best friend in the whole wide world. Tessa looked like Merida from the Disney movie Brave, she was a outspoken red head who always got what she wanted it was her way or the no way, Tessa didn't care about what people think and I admired her for that.
"Hey Tessa," I smiled at her pushing my ray-bans up and swinging my back pack over my shoulder. "Happy last day of school bitch" I said looking at her. Tessa ran her hand through her curly red hair "Happy last day of school to you to whore," she winked at me, and we walked into the school like we owned it.
I opened up my locker and put my pink lunchbox inside (no way was I going to eat cafeteria food).
"Okay, Keegan I need to tell you something." Tessa leaned up against the locker next to mine. "What?" I asked. "IM GOING TO ARUBA!" Tessa jumped up and down and yelped. "Oh my God! Your going to Aruba!? No way I'm so happy for you!" I smiled. "Thanks, I'm soOoOoO lucky! I get to spend my summer in Aruba!" She smiled up at the ceiling. I was honestly a little jealous, and plus I was going to miss Tessa, Tessa and I have spent every single summer together for the longest time. "Yeah your so lucky Tess," I smiled at her. "Aw I'm glad your so happy for me Keegs, I'm going to miss you so much of course" Tessa said tugging at her jean vest. "I'll miss you so much too." I smiled shutting my locker as the bell rang. "Hey I'll see you at lunch! But don't tell Brooke, Cassidy or Emma about Aruba! I want to tell them, love you good luck!" Tess sauntered away. Ugh, now I was going to be alone all summer, well I had other friends like Cassidy, Brooke and Emma but summers were kind of Tessa and I's thing.
I walked into my AP literature class room and sat down.
'BZZZZZZZZZZ' I felt my phone vibrate in my purse and pulled it out, a text from my mom saying :
"Come home right away after school, we have big news!!!!" News... I wonder what this could mean, good news or bad news...
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so i'm making this more of a novel than a story.
I hope you all enjoy! :) leave comments telling me what you think!