Summer in Oahu

chapter 1, page 2 ~

* * *
I walked into the cafeteria scanning the heads looking for Tessa, Cassidy, Brooke or Emma. I saw Brooke's pony tail whipping around, when Brooke talked she moved her entire body...arms, legs, torso, hair, she was crazy.
I walked over to the table and sat down. "Hey Keegan!" Brooke said "Tessa has big news to tell us! Oh my God what if she's pregnant!?!?" Brooke's eyes got huge as she looked at all of us.
"What the hell Brooke? She's not pregnant, she was smiling when she said she had news," Emma said biting into a cheese stick.
"She might be when she gets back from Aruba..." I thought to myself.
"Hey ladies," Tessa smiled sitting down next to me. "Okay so you guys know I have news......Welllll I'M GOING TO ARUBA!" Tessa yelled. "Shut up! you are not," Cassidy said.
"Oh my God! You are too lucky Tess!" Brooke said. "I'm so jealous," Emma added. "Your going with her, right Keegan?" Cassidy looked at me. "Actually no." I looked at my yogurt and then up again. "Yeah, she cant go this time. We have to meet my cousins there and its just going to be so many people! But I would so rather bring my friends along than them," Tessa puffed out her bottom lip an pouted.
Tessa and I always go to Phoenix together every summer, just to escape little Yellow Wood. Now who would I go with? It just wouldn't be the same without Tessa... I honestly felt like crying.
The bell rang for our final exam I had gym- thank god and all we had to do was the run the mile (Good thing I'm a track star)
I went into the locker room and put on Soffees and the Yellow Wood gym shirt and my good ol' Asics the only thing I run in at school, I have a cute pair of Nike free runs at my house.
This class needed to hurry up and end I needed to get home to see my parents and find out this news..
I didn't even bother changing out of my gym clothes when we got back into the locker room, I just sat down on the bench and waited for the bell to ring, I was so nervous and anxious, I needed to get home NOW.
'BRRRRINNNNNGGG' yes finally.
I bolted out of the locker room and to my car, the car was barely started when I began to back out of my parking space, almost hitting a little freshman.
"Hey bitch! WATCH IT!" he yelled,
"Shut the hell up and get out of my way! AND MAYBE IF YOU GREW I COULD SEE YOU!" I fired back. Ugh, and of course I hit every red light on the way home.
I finally pulled into the garage and got out, Massie was already in the garage waiting for me. "Hey Mass!" I said to her in a baby talk voice and I picked her up and went inside.
"Mom?! Dad?! I'm home!" I yelled putting my bag down on the dining room table. "In the living room honey!" I heard. I walked into the living room, my parents both in casual clothing not the usual lab coats and scrubs and with huge smiles on their faces. I sat down on the brown leather recliner. "What's the news?" I asked.
"Well, Your mother and I are doing this project on sharks with other marine biologists from around the country and well its requiring us to leave Arizona," My father looked at me. "So your going to leave me here all summer alone? Or do I have to stay with Grandma." I asked. So now my parents were leaving me alone all summer.
"No. Keegan...we want you to come with us." My dad smiled.
"Oh! Where?" I looked at them.
"HAWAII! OAHU, HAWAII!" My mom screamed. "WHAT! NO WAY! NOOO WAY! OH MY GOD! MOM! DADDY! OHHH!" I jumped up and down Massie still in my arms.
"Yes! We leave the day after tomorrow, go start packing!" My mom said, smiling.
"Thank you so much mom and dad!" I hugged them and kissed them both and ran up the stairs. "Oh and Keegan, since tomorrow is the last day for you in Phoenix were going to have a cookout with Jones tomorrow!" My dad said, "Okay great!" I walked into my bedroom and pulled out the black suit case and duffle bag I have. In the suitcase I put all kinds of tops in from t shirts to tank tops to dressy tops, shorts, jeans, bikinis, sun dresses and homecoming dresses and a maxi dress and in the duffle bag; shoes, sandals, platform heels, flip flops and my Nike free runs. I was so excited to finally leave Arizona on my first trip out of state this was going to be so fun I just couldn't wait.