Is Anything Meant to Be?

Preparations for the ARMY

Carlisle came down from his study and looked over his family. He informed them that it’s time to prepare for whenever the Army strikes. His family agreed with him of course, both Lexi and Bella reaching for each others hands simultaneously. Carlisle:” We will be learning how to defend ourselves and how to properly fight them by Jasper. (turns to Lexi who somewhat squeezes Bella’s hand) Has the pack agreed to meet with us yet?” Lexi:” Yes they told me where to meet but they’ll be in their wolf forms. Edward will you communicate what they say? Sam trusts you the most sort of.” Edward nodded, Carlisle told her to ask Sam when they’d like to meet and she agreed. She left to go talk to Jake, she left a few things out that she wanted to make sure he knew. When Lexi saw him, she jumped onto his back giggling, Jake:” Lexi, what’s up?” Lexi:” I need to talk to you about the army coming. I tried telling Sam but he wouldn’t understand, I don’t think. I just told the Cullens and you need to know.” Jake stopped and she got down when he looked at her he saw worry written across her face. Jake:” Lexi what is it?” Lexi:” That friend that I introduced you to a day or two ago; Lily; she just told me that Victoria asked him to join her army. He’s a part of it!” Jake:” Jeremy’s a part of Victoria’s Army?!” Lexi looked at him, he kissed her forehead holding her head in both his hands, and looked into her eyes. Jake:” I won’t let anything happen to you, I promise! Oh by the way, Paul has a crush on your friend Lily.” He grabbed her arm and told her to run, Jake:” We need to talk to Sam.” Within mere minutes they were already at Emily’s house, Jake told her to wait outside while he went into tell Sam that he needs to talk to him. Lexi sees the door open again and sees Jake followed by Sam coming out. Sam:” What’s wrong?” Jake:” The leech who bit Lexi is in the army and Lexi’s still new to being a wolf…” Sam:” I’ll keep her with Seth, they can both keep an eye on Bella. Don’t worry Jacob, she won’t be fighting so she won’t get hurt.” Lexi:” But, what if I want to fight?” Jake’s head shot in her direction where he gave her that look, so she knew not to push that topic with him and looked away. Jake:” Thanks Sam.” Lexi remembered what Carlisle wanted her to do so she asked Sam when they should meet at the place, Sam informed her they’ll meet tomorrow night. Lexi nodded with a smirk and began walking away, Jake finally followed her and grabbed her hand but she looked away as much as she wanted to confront him she knew not to. Jake:” What’s wrong?” Lexi:” Oh nothing, nothing at all don’t worry yourself.” They walked but she was in her head, “I don’t want you to fight either. If I can’t you shouldn’t, if anything bad happens to you, I won’t be a happy wolf…And I, I just can’t lose you, I just can’t. I don’t want to lose you either, and if it is to Jeremy, I’m going to go hunting if he harms you in anyway,” Lexi. Jake:” Awe, I think someone’s finally close to imprinting on me!” He watched her face closely as she blushed he smiled. Lexi:” Ah..um, no. why?” “Because you don’t want me to get hurt, you think I’ll get hurt and you’ll do something if you lose me,” Jake. Jake:” Don’t worry Lex, I’ve fought off vampires before and I’ll be careful. If anything does end up happening, Carlisle is there to help.” Lexi(looked up at him):” That’s easy for you to say, just the moment I thought of you fighting Jeremy or any other vampire, the thought of me losing you makes me completely scared inside and out. Jake I don’t want to lose you, I can’t see myself living without you. Besides if you do get hurt or worse, I’ll always end up in my mind blaming both myself and Bella for bringing them here.” Lexi dropped to her knees, she was crying and completely vulnerable. It was in that moment that she knew she’d do anything for him, she knew the same for him and both of them felt it. Lexi:” Jake, just think if it were reversed and I was the one fighting and you couldn’t you had to baby sit. What if while I was the fighting and something happened to me, I get hurt badly or die. How would you feel?” Jake dropped to his knees starring at her, Jake:” I’d honestly feel like my heart got ripped out of my chest…When you see her everything changes, all of a sudden it’s not gravity holding you to the planet, it’s her. Nothing else matters, you would do anything and be anything for her…Lexi Webber, I’m in love with you.” Lexi looked at him through tear stained eyes, Lexi:” What?” Jake:” It’s the legend of our tribe, how they describe when you imprint on someone. We both feel the exact same way, we both imprinted on each other.” Lexi crawled over to where he was and hugged him, Lexi:” You know I’d do anything for you, and I really can’t lose you right?” Jake hugged her back, holding her close and letting her know that he knows she’d do anything for him and that she can’t lose him. They pulled apart and kissed, both feeling absolutely complete, they got up and began walking again. Lexi:” So we’re soul mates?” Jake:” Yes and no, it’s much stronger then that but yes. We have a lifelong bond to each other, it’s like I’m your perfect match, as if I was designed just for you and you alone.”
They walked a little while in silence, Lexi:” What about what’s coming. Do we know where we’re supposed to meet them?” Jake:” At about three o’clock, ten miles due north of the Hon Forest ranger station. Alice told us to come at it from the west where we’ll be able to smell their scents and follow it right in.” Lexi:” Bella still the same?” Jake:” Not wanting any of us to join, yep.” Lexi:” You know I agree right. But if it helps protect the town then I guess I’m for it.”
Preparation:
Lexi and the Pack got to the place they were supposed to meet, everyone in their wolf forms, Lexi was going to go back to her human for but second thought it. Edward:” Prepare yourselves, they’ve been holding out on us!” Everyone looked at him, curious as to what he meant. At the last minute, Lexi decided to stay in her wolf form. Emmett:” Dam, I don’t believe it.” Bella couldn’t see anything, she kept asking what they saw. Edward:” The pack as grown.” Carlisle greeted them all, Lexi’s eyes on Jasper. “Dam if only I could have them both!,” Lexi. Jake was behind her and she felt bad, she shook her head to clear her mind. Edward(for Sam):” Thank you. We will watch and listen, but nothing more. That’s the most we can ask due to our self control.” Lexi and Bella both realizing at the same time that he was speaking for Sam. Carlisle accepted and agreed, he pointed to Jasper letting the wolves know that he has experience in this area, that he will teach everyone how to fight, how to defeat them. He informed the wolves that he’s sure they can apply it to their own hunting skills. Edward(for Sam):” They differ to you due to how new to the lifestyle that they’re months old, children so to speak?” Carlisle:” Yes, that’s correct. Lexi sure is quick!” Edward:” That she is, that she is.” Carlisle:” Tonight as of right now there are only twenty, ten for us and ten for you. There could be less as the new ones fight amongst themselves.” Edward(for Sam):” We are willing to take more then our share if necessary.” Carlisle nodded and told them that they’ll see how it plays out. Edward translated what Sam was thinking, Alice looked at Lexi and winked. Lexi bowed in return, when she looked back up Alice was smiling. Carlisle:” They will come across the mountains in about four days, late morning. Alice will keep us determined on their path so we shall interfere.” Sam thanked them for the information and informed them that they’ll watch now. All the wolves laid down to watch, while Lexi went over to Bella.
Jasper stepped forward and turned his back on the wolves, both Lexi and Bella knew or thought that it was because he didn’t like being center of attention. He informed the wolves that what Carlisle had informed them was right and that the newborns will fight like children. Jasper:” There are two important things you MUST remember that you need to remember I should say. The first is DON’T let them get their arms around you, and second, DON’T go for the obvious kill. If you go for it, they’ll be anticipating it since that’s what they’re prepared and trained for. As long as you keep moving and come at them from the side, they’ll be too confused to respond properly.” They heard him call Emmett and knew it was time for the demonstration/hands on part. Jasper informed them that Emmett is straight forward when he attacks and that like newborns, won’t try anything subtle. He asked Emmett to go for the easy kill then told him to try and catch him. Jasper was quick almost ghost like, Emmett tried catching him but froze suddenly, Lexi saw Jasper holding Emmett from behind. Lexi also saw that his teeth were bared and mere inches from Emmett’s neck. Emmett announced that he wanted a rematch, Lexi tapped into his mind, “Awe Emmett, I will give you a hug later my big bear of a brother!,” Lexi. Emmett’s eyes met hers and he nodded with a smirk. Edward said that it was his turn but Jasper told him to hold on a moment, he said he wanted to show both Lexi and Bella something first. Jasper waved Alice forward seeing Lexi get up, standing baring her teeth with a low growl. He knew both girls worry about Alice, and wanted to prove that they shouldn’t worry. Jasper went after Alice who simply stood there smiling or that’s what it looked like to them. Alice had her eyes closed too, which Lexi didn’t like much. Lexi and Bella saw that Jasper always seemed to be on the side of her or behind her, but he’d miss, he’d always be in a crouching position. When both girls looked closely they saw Alice taking a small step forward a the exact moment when Jasper’s body flew through the spot Alice previously was. When he began closing in on her, she became faster, it looked as if they were dancing. Alice was really dancing, twister and turning all around. Alice then went to take Edward’s place by Bella while he got ready to have his turn with Jasper.
Jasper and Edward, Lexi noticed was even granted Jasper has the experience, he seemed to try and go on pure instincts alone but his mind always gave him away. Everyone had a turn and Lexi had the same feeling, she knew Bella had when they watched Jasper go after Esme. Jasper would always say to keep moving, remember the sides….As Bella began falling asleep, Jasper turned to the wolves for the first time that night/morning, and informed them that they’d be doing it again tomorrow, while Edward answered for Sam, that the wolves will be back. Edward:” The pack wants to be familiar with our scents, so they don’t make any mistakes later. If we could just stay still for a moment, it will be easier for them, very still.” Carlisle nodded telling Sam whatever he needs. Sam instructed the pack to get up, line up and do what he does. Sam in front went over to Carlisle, Lexi couldn’t help it and looked at Emmett. She loved how he looked like he was enjoying it yet he was relaxed and smiling. “Typical Emmett!,” Lexi. Edward glanced at Lexi smirking, Sam sniffed him and then moved onto Jasper. Lexi stayed by Bella as did Jake simply waiting. Bella reached out and began petting Lexi who turned her head to look at Bella. After Lexi nuzzled her nose into Bella’s hand, Jake barked which Lexi knew made the other wolves back off. They didn’t take their eyes off the Cullens and before they too left, Lexi went over to each of them to get their scent. She went to Emmett first who bent down and pet her on the head, Rosalie looked at her and simply whispered “Beautiful” which Lexi bowed to her. Before the last one she went to Edward, “I hope you can keep in in check now that you’ve both imprinted on one another,” Edward “Don’t worry, I’ll do my best but you need not worry. You should bring Bella home soon, she looks exhausted. Tell her to call or text if she wants to hang out,” Lexi. Finally she went over to Jasper, she looked down getting his scent. He loosened up with her, bent down and lifted her head up. When he looked at her, he saw bright lavender purple was the color of her eyes. Jasper(whispered):” Don’t worry, I’m not mad or upset I promise. I’m happy to see you happy even if it’s not with me and makes you happy in a different way. You know you’ll always belong to me even if you’re with him because I love you and I know you love me, maybe more then we all know. But again don’t worry, I will be careful when the time comes to fight, we all will be careful. I know you’re mostly worried about that, about losing any of us. I’ll see you tomorrow, by the way you really are one beautiful and unique wolf!” With that he sprinted off into the woods leaving Edward, Bella, Lexi and Jake. Both Lexi and Jake ran away for a moment, they returned in human forms, Lexi taking Jake’s hand. Edward and Jake began talking, Bella caught on and asked if it was about her. Jake:” I just want to know what he plans on doing with you during the fight?” Bella(mumbled):” Not what I want, of course.” Edward smirked at her then informed Bella that she can’t stay in Forks since they know to look for her there. Bella and Lexi both seemed to be thinking the same thing, Bella & Lexi:” Charlie?” Jake looked at them both a little creped out, Jake:” He’ll be with Billy, don’t worry.” Lexi:” What if Bella joins him in La Push?” Edward shook his head, Edward:” She has been back and forth too much. She has left trails all over this place, and just because Alice only sees very young vampires on the hunt doesn’t mean that someone more experienced behind all of this isn’t coming. Whoever their creator is, this could all just be mere distraction and I want her to be hard to find. I’m not taking any chances!” Lexi looked around at the mountains and smirked, Lexi:” Why not here, on the mountains? I mean, there’s a million possibilities, a million places that either of you could get to us in a few minutes.” Edward said something about both her and his scents and the fact that Bella’s is strong, that if he carried her it wouldn’t work with this scent being everywhere. Lexi:” I might be able to help with that…don’t the wolves’ scents disgust you? (Edward nodded) why not have him carry her or at least see if it works. If it doesn’t then I’ll tell you another way we could try.” Edward nodded, he had Jake carry Bella a little while away while Lexi shifted on her feet but ran after them. Edward:” Emmett.” When Emmett arrived he asked him to see if he could pick up on Lexi & Bella’s scents. Emmett stood there a moment and ran off, he ran back after he caught up to them. Emmett:” Most definitely, even though Lexi’s a wolf because she’s a hybrid her blood is still strong. Her in human form you can track easily as well as Bella.” Lexi, and Jake still carrying Bella came back into view. Lexi:” Ok now let’s try again but this time I’ll be in wolf form following them. See if Jasper or someone else can track us or tell us where we’ve gone?” Edward nodded, called Jasper after a little while and asked the same he asked Emmett. They watched Jasper disappear then come back, Jasper:” All I can smell is Jake and the other must be Lexi, both over power Bella’s, so you can’t smell her. Keep Lexi in wolf form all the way there and you won’t smell Bella.” That’s when Alice knew her idea would work, Edward informed Bella that she’d leave a false trail to lead them to the clearing.