Is Anything Meant to Be?

How Can They Prove it to You

Alice informed Edward that both Bella and Lexi would leave the trail. Both their scents would drive the newborns crazy! After Alice and jasper finally left, Edward got back down to business. Edward:” Meet back here Friday afternoon, Lexi in her human form, then we’ll have them both lay the false trail. Then you can carry Bella to a place I know while Lexi follows in wolf form. It’s completely out of the way, easily defensible as well. I will travel another route to get there.” Jake asked what the plan was after that, he thought something that Edward agreed to. Jake explained so Bella was in the loop, Bella:” Ah, what about Lexi though?” Jake:” Oh she’s not fighting. Seth will be here with her to keep an eye on you.” Lexi:” Guess Bella and I can find something to amuse ourselves with right?” She some what giggled with Lexi and agreed. Edward:” I’ll feel better with Lexi there with Bella, but I still think someone should be there with them. I’m not just going to leave them alone, even if Lexi’s a wolf now.”
Lexi went to Bella’s house to help her pack while Bella did the same with Lexi. Lexi mostly packed clothes for herself, she put a huge warm fur lined blanket in Bella’s backpack since there was room while the heavy jacket she put in her bag. Edward wanted a night with Bella alone at the house, but Lexi was with them. He knew she’d keep to herself and focus on her own things, which she did. When Bella drove to Edward’s house Lexi couldn’t help but think of Jasper which made her glad that she can block her mind so no one knew she’d be or been thinking of him. Once they got there, Edward helped them both out of the truck and to the house, he told Bella to go to his room, then he brought Lexi to Rose’s room. He had a feeling she’d end up in Jasper’s room which she did. She looked around snooping into some of his things, she took out her ipod and listened to her ipod just looking around his room while she was in it. Lexi grabbed her bag and changed (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=60840001) she looked around a little more.
Edward gave Lexi the route to the clearing with Bella, to make sure their scents were everywhere but no where near the trail they’d be taking with Jake. Edward put Bella down and told them both to go touch everything, they walked slowly touching everything they could. Lexi:” Here, take this and draw some blood. Maybe the newborns will go nuts if we leave behind some blood. Bella:” I was thinking that too, weird.” They both ran their fingers through their hair and the lose strands that were mixed in their fingers they draped them over some of the branches of bushes. Bella:” Jasper will love this!” Edward(sighed):” You’re both going over board don’t you think. But Jasper will love this dedication.” He then told them that they’ve done their part, that it’s time to go camping, Bella laughed at the large backpacks hanging from her mouth. She turned and saw Jake across from them, Bella:” I want to ride on Lexi!” She blurted it out thinking it’d be easier on both guys, Jake ignored her of course. Jake:” Where are we going?” Edward told him and showed him on a map, Edward informed Bella that he’s taking a longer route there and he’ll see her in a few hours. When he left, Jake walked over to them both, he looked at Lexi and winked. Bella told him again that she wants to ride on Lexi’s back, Jake reminded her what Jasper told Edward. Bella:” I won’t touch anything and my scent should still be covered by both yours and Lexi’s scents.” Jake wanted to have Lexi asked Edward but there was no time. Jake:” Are you ok with her riding on your back?” Lexi bowed her head, he nodded and took the bags from her mouth. Jake:” Ready?” Bella nodded holding onto Lexi’s soft fur, Lexi bowed her head again and Jake told her the direction to go. Jake kept in front and lead the way, Lexi staying behind. As they were getting closer, Lexi heard Bella and Jake talking, as they slowed. She told him how she guilt Edward into not fighting, Jake took that in and was quite. Bella told Jake that he wouldn’t stay if her or Lexi begged him to. Jake:” That’s only because I know the both of you better then that. I already told Lexi that I have to for the safety of this town and he people in it. Everything will be fine, and go as planned if not better.” Bella agreed but told him that the whole time him and everyone else are fighting, he knows that both her and Lexi will be sick to their stomachs with worry, that they’ll go crazy worrying if anyone has gotten hurt and if they did they’ll feel guilty. Lexi growled turning her head looking up at Jake, Bella looked at her and simply just said “what.” Jake:” She’s growling because she was agreeing with you but also what I was thinking….I was going to say why does it matter to you or anyone if something happens to me at least?!” Bella rubbed Lexi’s head, Bella(whispered):” Thanks for that. He just doesn’t know what he means to the both of us. I mean he’s my best friend, I don’t want anything to happen to him and you know if it does I’ll be really upset as will you, we’ll both blame each other as well as ourselves. And you , you’ll be heartbroken if he gets hurt!” Lexi made a noise that Bella took as her agreeing again, Jake:” We’re not far now, I can smell him.” Bella:” I thought Seth was staying too?” Jake informed her that Seth will be taking over tomorrow, since it’ll make Edward more at ease a little. Bella nodded, when the wind blew with a little more force, both Lexi and Jake began stepping up their pace. They got to Edward’s little campsite, when he saw them he moved swiftly over to Bella.
He looked at both Jake and Lexi thanking them as he removed Bella from Lexi’s back. Jake made sure to ask if the tent was secure and all that, Edward nodded. Jake:” Oh Lexi wanted me to give you her bag to keep near you in case Bella gets colder. She packed a few extra things like sweaters and smaller blankets to go under the large blanket. If she needs them.” Edward took the bag looking over at Lexi smiling, Edward:” I think Alice is rubbing off on you too much!” Lexi nodded turning to walk away, Jake came out from the trees in wolf form. Lexi kept avoiding him, she went by the tent and laid down when he went to lay next to where she stood. “What’s wrong?,” Jake “You know she’s right Jake, I might’ve agreed that it’s good for our town and we’re supposed to protect the people in it, but she’s still right,” Lexi. She looked away where he saw a tear fall, when she put her head over her paws. He could feel how she felt as well, “I know, I know you love me. Try not to worry too much babe. I’m sorry that you feel this way and that you can’t help it even if you try. Please know that I will do my best to keep everyone safe as well as myself,” Jake. He got up and went over to her, laid next to her and put his massive head on her back so it looked like they were snuggled up.
Inside the tent Edward notice Bella was getting colder even though she was in the sleeping bag, so he went through Bella’s bag and saw the huge furry blanket, which he opened up and covered Bella with it. Edward:” Lexi has been spending too much time with Alice. She packed some extra things from her house for you. Here this is a heavy furry blanket, it should help keep you nice and warm.” Bella:” I..I….H-h-hope y-you th-thanked her.” She was beginning to warm up underneath the blanket, he noticed she wasn’t shaking as much. Lexi got up and went over to the tent sitting there, “Relax Edward, if she’s still cold and you’d like, I’m sure you’d rather me then Jake to keep her warm although you’d get an insight into his mind,” Lexi. Edward was still worrying, Lexi began pacing because she could feel how much Edward was worrying, and the worry she was also doing wasn’t good and she needed to do something. “Maybe you should turn back and keep her warm. He’s worrying I know that, and his worry isn’t helping with the worry you’re already doing,” Jake. She looked at him and nodded, she got up and went behind a grouping of trees where she saw Jake left an outfit for her. “Awe, you’re always watching out for me, too bad I’m not the same sometimes!,” Lexi. She went over to the tent and asked if it was ok to come in. When she did, she got underneath the blanket and made sure Bella was tucked in sort of so the heat wouldn’t seep out the other side. Before they knew it, the little bit of shaking that she was doing stopped, and Edward began easing up on the worrying. “Seth’s here, guess he wanted to come early,” Jake. Lexi looked at Edward to see if he heard and when his eyes met hers, he nodded. Lexi:” Wish Jake would sit out of the fight if I asked or even begged, but I know he’s looking forward to it, plus he wants revenge on Jeremy. Besides, I’ll be connected to the pack the entire time, while keeping an eye/ear out.” Edward:” Thank you Lexi, I mean that.” Lexi:” I know you do, besides Bella’s like my sister, your family treats me like family, like I finally belong somewhere, so why not help out with what I can. I mean my mom made me feel like I was crazy until I just now realized I get the wolf gene from both. I don’t care if those newborns are coming here for me, I’d much rather that then coming after my families. I now one is coming for me at least. Hey Edward, can I ask something?” He looked at her and gave her a nod, Lexi:” I like being prepared, so just in case Victoria did or does find her way here with one or more, would it be ok if I asked you to get me mad, so I look like a newborn if it’ll help? Then when you find an opening I can shift and help destroy her and whoever she comes with?” Edward looked at her curiously like she’s a strange puzzle and that’s what she is and he calls her that. His eyes penetrating the surface to try and get into her mind. He looked away and told her to check with Alice. Lexi:” Alice doesn’t know because of Seth an me when I’m in wolf form. She’s trying to focus on me to see if it’ll work but when I shift she can’t see.” Edward:” I believe it’s a good idea, so we might we just might. Do you remember watching the practice and the details?” She unblocked her mind and played back everything, Edward smirked. Edward:” Someone seems to have a photographic memory, that or you keep thinking of it so you know it.” Lexi:” The latter.” He nodded with a playful grin.
It’s TIME:
The morning came, Edward sat there watching both girls sleep when he saw Bella’s face twitch and she woke up, gently moving Lexi’s arm that got draped over her while sleeping. Bella:” So is Seth out there now?” Edward:” Seth and Jake.” Lexi stretched and then sat up as well, her hair sticking to her which made Bella giggle. Bella:” Turn around, let me fix your hair.” While Bella did that Edward watched them with a smile, Edward(playful smirk):” So Lexi, how’d you sleep?” Lexi instantly blushed, Lexi:” Oh um, good. Worried that most of the people close to my heart will get hurt.” Edward:” Oh you mean mostly Jake and Jasper? I find it amusing that although you and Jake have both imprinted on each other, you still dream of my brother!” Lexi blushed a darker shade of red while Edward let out a chuckle. Bella:” So um, how much longer?” Edward & Lexi:” Alice told Sam it should be an hour or so.” Bella was about to say something when she saw Lexi fumble to get up and leave the tent. Bella:” What’s with her?” Edward:” Jake’s getting ready to leave to join Sam, and she want’s to apologize for dreaming of Jazz.” Bella nodded, Lexi walked over to Jake, she looked scared and upset. “Jake please be careful, come back to me. Oh and sorry about the dream, it was mostly about you though, I’m scared for you that’s why. For both my families,” Lexi. “I will, I love you Lexi , I promise I will come back to you! Don’t worry, I know you’re scared for all of us, we’ll be fine though. I know saying Don’t worry is easier said then done with you, but I know you’ll try,” Jake. He walked over to where she dropped to her knees and licked the side of her face which made her giggle. “You be careful and be ALERT. Keep Seth safe as well I already told him to keep you safe or he has to deal with me! If anything happens all I want is for you to scream my name and I’ll be here if I can,” Jake. Lexi nodded, she told him that she’ll protect Bella as well. “I’m only worried about you at the moment my love. Don’t cry babe, please don’t cry,” Jake. She hugged him not wanting to let go knowing he could get her and it’s all her and Bella’s fault. While Bella and Edward were talking, they all heard a howl not far from the sounds of it. Jake had just left and Lexi knew it was him, she jumped up from where she was currently kneeled and ran to him. Jake heard about Bella and Edward’s engagement, both girls knew he was hurt, and Lexi could feel it. “Are you ok babe?,” Lexi “I’m sorry babe, I don’t love her as much as I did before and I love you, but some of it’s still there. I can’t believe she’s marrying him, I’m sorry Lexi, I am. I still need time to completely get over her, much like you with Jasper,” Jake. “Babe, I might have small feelings for Jasper but only because I’m still his blood singer and thought it was love at first sight but that was also before I focused my energy on the energy that was drawing me to you. To MY JAKE, you know you’re the only one for me and if you nee time then that’s fine. I understand and never forget that I love you and will be here waiting for you when you want me!,” Lexi. He nodded, she could feel that he was grateful for her, for everything about her and everything she has made him feel since she came into his life. He loves her and he was glad she not only knows it but that she loves him back.
Jake ran off and while Lexi ran back to Seth, Bella and Edward she knew that although he needs time he knows just how much she loves him and he’ll come back to her. Lexi was in her wolf form now, and she saw Seth get up from a patch of dead pine needles, they saw Bella come out of the tent. Bella looked upset so Lexi walked over to her nudging her hand with her nose. Bella:” Please, please tell Jake that I didn’t mean nor want to hurt him, I also didn’t want him to find out this way. Tell him that I’m sorry!” Lexi bowed and informed Jake, Seth whined, he jumped to his feet and whined again turning his head west. Lexi did the same, her ears twitched, she heard someone coming so she got in front of Bella crouching and growling barring her teeth. Jake informed both Lexi and Seth that it was him and they stopped. Jake looked at Lexi with a smirk, “Sorry babe, but good job!,” Jake. Edward looked at Lexi, he informed Bella there was a problem that he needed both Lexi and Seth’s help with. He informed Jake that he won’t listen, Jake nodded with a smirk. Lexi felt strange, she looked at Jake and gave him a warning growl barring her teeth again, before she left to help Edward. Bella looked at him curiously, Jake:” She knows that a small part of me still loves you and that was a warning telling me not to break her heart or she’ll do much worse to me and I know she will.” Bella:” Smart, she’s really a keeper Jake. Much like you in a few ways, but then she’s not.” Jake nodded and she went on to explain herself to him, he was upset and let the anger take control as usual, telling her how easy it’d be to take himself out in the fight. Bella:” Oh no, no-no don’t do that, please don’t.” He asked how she’ll be able to stop him, no one can. Bella:” Jake please. I’m begging you, don’t. Think of Lexi and how she feels now, if you get hurt or she finds out that you took yourself out, how the hell do you think she’ll really feel? What do you think she’ll do or say?” Jake felt sick to his stomach thinking of that, and Bella saw the pain written on his face. Bella:” I love you Jake, maybe more then I realize but I don’t want to hurt you anymore. I thought I wasn’t when you and Lexi became closer. But Jake, even if a small part of her does still love Jasper, she won’t be able to live with out YOU more, or if you’re hurt, she’ll forever blame herself and me a little I just know it. I thought when I met her that she feel hard for Jasper, yes she did but it’s much worse with you. She has fallen head over heels completely in love with you hard, Jacob for heaven’s sake she imprinted on you and told you that she’d do anything for you and she can’t live without you. Doesn’t that mean anything to you anymore, I know it used to at some point maybe, but I don’t know now. Don’t do it Jake!” After giving it some thought and Bella a hug, he informed her that she’s right and he can’t do that to her or Lexi especially, then he left to join Sam.