Is Anything Meant to Be?

The Battle

Bella was a mess, both Lexi and Seth came over after Jake left again, but she went back into the tent. Edward came back a moment later and both him and Bella were talking again. She asked again how long and this time he informed her only a few minutes now. Lexi’s heart began to race, she was getting nervous and Edward sensed it. Just then both Lexi and Seth howled, Bella:” Lexi’s howl is much like his. Do you think her and Jake are right, why they’re so big because they have alpha blood?” Edward told her that he is not sure, Seth howled again. Bella looked at him, Edward:” He’s upset that the pack as him here babysitting Lexi and us instead of fighting. (long pause) The newborns have reached the end of the trail now, seems to have worked like a charm. Jazz is a genius, as Alice said they’re splitting into two groups.” He looked at Bella and told her to breath, keep breathing and stop holding her breath. Edward:” Sam took the pack around to head off the newborns. The first group is in the clearing, we can hear the fighting now. Emmett’s enjoying himself of course, the second group are getting ready to go into the clearing, they haven’t been heard yet. (Bella saw his teeth clench and saw his jaw flex) They’re talking about you, that they’re supposed to make sure you don’t escape.” Bella was sitting under the warm blanket with her knees up to her chest listening intently and freaking out inside. Edward:” Leah’s fast, she took a newborn out that picked up on our scent. Now her and Sam are finishing him off.”
Both Lexi and Seth were getting antsy, Seth went over to the tent, Edward:” Lexi, Seth GO!” Seth disappeared into the forests shadows, Edward had a feeling Lexi didn’t go however. Lexi got up when she saw Edward move Bella, her back up against the cliff. Edward:” Into the woods and change,” then he began thinking of things to upset and anger her. Lexi did as he instructed watching Edward half crouch in front of Bella who simply asked one thing, “who?” Edward:” Victoria, but she’s not alone. She never wanted to fight, she crossed my scent coming in with the newborns to watch her work at hand, but then she made a spur of the moment decision to find me, knowing you’d be with me. You were right, it was always her.” The way Edward shifted, both Lexi and Bella knew where to look, the black shadows of the forest yards away from where Lexi is. Lexi saw a boy about her age, muscular and the red head who she assumed was Victoria. Lexi tapped into Victoria’s mind “Riley will attack him while they’re fighting and he’s distracted, I’m going to finally finish her.” Both Lexi and Bella saw Riley look to Victoria awaiting her command. Edward looked at Lexi “Can you run fast?,” Edward. “Yes we can run fast or faster then you. Why?,” “I want you to run around and come off the cliff to land in front of us. I can’t have you look like a newborn with your blood, they’ll smell it,” Edward. Lexi backed away and did he said, Victoria jerked her head at Edward. Riley went forward until Edward spoke his name, Edward:” Riley, she’s lying to you. She lied to the others too, they’re being torn apart right now in the clearing. I know she lied to you and had you lie to the others.” Riley glanced at Victoria a moment and took another step, Edward:” She doesn’t really love you, she never has. She loved someone named James and we killed him so now she’s using you. She knows I’ll kill you and she wants you to die, so she doesn’t have to keep pretending to love you anymore. Yes you know that’s true, you’ve read and seen it in her eyes. She never wanted you, every kiss…every touch all of it was nothing but a lie.” Edward began moving closer to him, while Victoria took notice and prepared herself. Just then Jeremy ran next to Victoria. Victoria:” What are you doing?” Jeremy:” Mine wasn’t there so she’s here, I can feel it.” She shook her head and looked at Riley, Victoria:” He’s lying to you Riley. I told you about their mind tricks, you know I love you.” There was nothing, no expression on Riley’s face, he straightened himself up but out of nowhere Seth cam back taking Riley out. Edward looked at Victoria and Jeremy with a smirk, Edward:” And you must be Jeremy.” Jeremy nodded, looking around for Lexi, “I’m on the cliff, oh no Jeremy’s there,” Lexi. “This will be interesting. Climb down the cliff and stand next to Bella, turn when I tell you to,” Edward. She agreed and climbed down the cliff on the side, she came out from the same direction Seth did and stood by Bella. She was still angry only with Jeremy being there and the fact that he found her, so she was really angry and her eyes were still red. Jeremy smirked, Lexi crouched in front of Bella making Jeremy think she was one. Jeremy:” Fantastic, but you’re still human my dear. I think you’ve been spending too much time with these vampires, now haven’t you?” Victoria was amazed too, Edward and Lexi making sure they didn’t gain any ground, Bella watched Seth and Riley. Riley got up after he managed to get a good kick at Seth hitting him in the shoulder. Bella heard the bone crunching sound, she felt bad for him but noticed he wasn’t backing down. He circled Riley limping, Seth lunged tearing another part from Riley off him and tossed it into the forest. Seth was very light on his feet from what Bella noticed..
Edward began to toy with Victoria, Edward:” Don’t go Victoria, you’ll never get another change quite like this. Well, you can always run, isn’t that what you do best, run! You know James shouldn’t have left you, he could have used you when we met up with him in Phoenix.” Victoria growled, Seth yelped in pain when Riley caught him again, Seth stood his ground however, forcing Riley back, Seth moved by Edward where he brushed up against him, shocking both Jeremy and Victoria. Lexi smirked, Lexi:” No, he won’t turn on us!” Jeremy was shocked, Jeremy:” How is that possible. You can read my mind but you’re a human. It’s not possible.” Lexi:” Awe is it shocking to you Jeremy. You see my dear Jeremy, when you bit me another vampire wasn’t far from where we were and when he found me he thought I was too young to become what you are. He sucked the venom out of me however some of your venom latched onto my blood and mixes with it making me seem much like what you are. Along with that came some interesting abilities as well like reading your mind, among others!.” Lexi’s eyes went back to normal as she was calming herself down but she remained in her crouching position. Victoria looked at her and back at Bella shocked, Victoria:” IMPOSSIBLE…how does she look like both of you?” Riley watched as Victoria kept trying to gain ground but Edward kept shooting her down, he glanced at Lexi who was still crouching in front of Bella facing Jeremy. While Riley distracted, Seth took another Piece out of him but Riley reacted with a powerful backhand that sent Seth airborne and into the cliff behind Lexi and Bella. Lexi let out a growl which she didn’t think she could do, while Bella looked at her. Bella:” You’ve never done this before, but you look so natural.” Lexi nodded and kept looking from Riley to Jeremy, when Riley launched but Lexi stood her ground and was in his way. Bella saw Lexi shift her head and her eyes glow which freaked Riley out making him back up. Bella caught a rack that feel when Seth was thrown into the cliff. Lexi looked at her and told her not to do what she was thinking, even though Lexi wasn’t touching Bella’s hand she had a feeling what Bella was thinking and considering doing and she told Bella not to even dare do it. Lexi glared at Jeremy, Lexi:” Edward, should I share our secret and also show them how this is going to end?” Edward:” Not yet, we’ll surprise them soon.” Lexi looked at Seth to see if he’s ok and knew he was, Riley crouched to attack again so Bella threw the rock but part of it a little piece of shard cut her hand which stopped everyone in their tracks. That’s when the fight broke out, Edward:” Lexi, wait…” Edward had flown Victoria up a tree, she landed crouched and ready to attack. When Edward grabbed Riley’s arm, he put his foot on Riley’s back and yanked, Riley screamed while Seth jumped up at that moment blocking Bella’s view. Victoria leaped for Bella as did Jeremy, Edward:” Lexi NOW!”
Before either Jeremy or Victoria could get close to Bella, Lexi jumped and shifted into her wolf form. Jeremy was shocked as was Victoria and caught off guard, Victoria jumped again Lexi keeping up and both collided in air, Lexi turned herself so she would land on her feet. Edward was in place waiting while he told Lexi to go take care of Jeremy and Riley. In the back of her mind she could hear Jasper saying to keep moving, don’t let them wrap their arms around them and go for their sides. Riley didn’t see Lexi behind an advantage to being a white wolf, even with the symbol on her back. Seth lunged and took Riley’s other arm. Edward cut Victoria off, he caught her off guard when Lexi tapped into her mind and showed her how it was going to end, which Edward took as an advantage of biting her neck which cracked the rest of her neck and seemed to just decapitate her head. While Riley was trying to get up with no arms, Lexi preoccupied Jeremy by tapping into his mind replaying what he did to her over and over while her and Seth gathered the pieces of Riley that Seth ripped or tore off, placing them on fire. “Seth stand by, but I want him to myself. He’s the one who bit me when I was younger,” Lexi. Seth went over by Edward who clenched his fist, Seth bumped his nose, Edward(mumbled):” Nice teamwork.” Jeremy:” How are you doing that?” “You see Jeremy, before you bit me I was a werewolf but the gene hadn’t taken effect and when you bit me it made me special. You see I’m a hybrid, in human form I’m much like a vampire with special abilities that was one. I can make you see what I want you to see, feel what I want you to feel or manipulate how you’re feeling. It’s your move dear Jeremy,” Lexi. Jeremy was amazed yet he didn’t know what to do. He crouched waiting to attack, he lunged and she moved snapping at him. Lexi was through playing, she attacked and began to rip him apart. She showed him when he bit her and how it felt, made him relive what it felt like when he turned, then she took a bite out of his side. She kept up the same thing, he was in tiny pieces, when she through them in the fire and sat there watching him burn. She changed back into her normal form when Edward went to look for her, he saw that she was over by Bella bugging her, comforting her. When he walked over to them he would hear Lexi telling Bella that it was over and not to worry, as well as that she’s safe. Bella looked up at Edward asking him what he meant before, something about a complication, Edward informed them they had to move. Edward:” Don’t be afraid either of…” Lexi began seeing what Seth was as well as Edward, she felt the urge to protect them, she knew something bad was about to happen. She controlled herself and focused, with very little difficulty she was able to block Seth, Edward as well as her mind which blocked all the other wolves’ minds. It blocked the wolves’ minds easier since they’re all connected too, Lexi had to focus to block Edward’s though. While she did that Both Edward and Seth were watching her, a smirk crosses Edwards face. Edward told Seth to run home, no stops just right home.
Lexi snapped out of her trance and looked up at Edward, Bella was confused, Bella:” What was that?” Edward told her that Alice had seen something so they have to join his family in the clearing. Edward turned to Lexi, Edward:” You’re part of the family, so please join us. We’ll save the Volturi another chance to see what you can do.” Lexi nodded, going over to Bella and waiting, Edward asked her if she was ready to run again, she nodded and listened as if he told Bella it was the guard who cleaned up the messes and that they weren’t coming for them. Lexi was getting better at reading Bella, but was curious, Lexi:” Because the pack’s not here, that’s why Alice can see it’ll be alright?” Edward nodded then saw Lexi stop all of a sudden falling to her knees and gasping for air. Bella watched her closely and knew something was wrong with someone, Bella:” Oh no, something happened to Jake.” Edward helped Lexi up and she forced the feeling away for the moment. “Jake, I’m coming to you son with Dr. Carlisle,” Lexi. “How’d you know?” Jake “I didn’t until we were getting closer to the clearing, then I just felt it hit me. I love you Jacob Black, and I can feel when you’re hurt,” Lexi. “I love you too Lexi Webber with all of my heart and soul,” Jake. She saw Edward smile, Lexi:” Ugh dam, I need to block my mind better when I’m near you!” Edward let out a slight chuckle.