Is Anything Meant to Be?

Dealing with their Feelings

Once they made it to the clearing, Bella dazed off due to being overwhelmed, Carlisle stood in front of her checking her over. Edward asked Alice how long, Lexi heard her say another five minutes and about thirty at most forty seconds Bella will open her eyes. Lexi looked at the worry and concern on Edward’s face. She looked at him, Lexi:” Edward relax, it’s all fine. Just calm down.” He began to relax a little, Jasper looked at Lexi smirking and nodding. Lexi:” Jasper stop smirking!” Alice looked at him and giggled since he was surprised she knew he was smirking without looking. Lexi pulled Carlisle aside before she got to ask he spoke, Carlisle:” A newborn got their arms around him, most of the bones on his right half of his body were shattered. He was helping one of the other wolves when it happened, but don’t worry, Paul and Sam got to him in time and being a wolf he was already healing. They’re getting him to try and shift back, and I will be there as soon as this is done to help. He’ll be back to normal in a few days Lexi, don’t worry.” Lexi pulled Carlisle into a hug, Lexi(mumbled):” Thanks Dad!” Esme looked at her and looked up at Carlisle who smiled when he patted her back. Lexi composed herself when she heard Alice softly say “three minutes.” The Cullens formed a semi circle with Lexi standing protectively near Bella. Lexi turned to gaze at Jasper the same moment Bella had and they saw him rub his arms. Lexi:” Don’t tell me he got bitten again?!” Edward nodded and without Lexi realizing it she moved so she was blocking Bella’s gaze so she couldn’t see the newborn that had surrendered. Jasper:” The venom still stings when you get bitten, in case you’re curious.” He smirked at Lexi who snapped out of her daze of staring at him and looked away, but he saw her blush really red.
They began moving so that both Bella and Lexi were in the center, Lexi was somewhat in front of her though. Bella asked to hold her arm, so Lexi stood next to her in the heart of the coven so to speak. Bella recognized the voice, she leaned her head to Lexi’s, Bella:” That’s Jane, the one who looks at you and you become over come with pain. It’s mostly your mind makes you feel like you’re in pain.” Both Lexi and Edward saw Felix wink at Bella, Jane looked over the coven and stopped on Lexi for a moment. Jane:” I don’t understand, what’s with that one?” Edward:” She surrendered.” Jane said that there were no potions to those who break the rules. Carlisle spoke, Carlisle:” In your hands now, as long as she seized her attack on my family, I felt no need to destroy her.” Jane asked how many there were, when they told her she seemed impressed. She asked the newborn to verify Edward’s story after he told Jane, and she did. Jane looked at Bella saying that she seems to bring out the bizarre reactions in their kind, then looked back at Lexi. Jane:” And who’s the addition here?” Lexi wasn’t scared, Edward saw Alice giggle quietly. Lexi:” I’m Lexi, Bella’s best friend.” She smirked at Jane which Jane didn’t like, so she tried to use her power on Lexi, but it didn’t work. “Are you blocking your mind?,” Edward. “No not yet,” Lexi. Jane:” Hmm, another who I can’t torture or cause pain. Does Aro know about you or that you have taken to the Cullens here?” Lexi smirked again shaking her head no, and the answer pleased Jane. She let them know that it seemed there wasn’t anything for them to do. She turned to Felix so he could take care of the newborn. Lexi:” Wait, shouldn’t she have the option to chose to die or live with the thirst if we explain the rules to her. She seems like she’s willing to learn and besides she didn’t know what she was doing? She was only created to die anyways in a fight that was inevitable of winning for her side. NO one has told her that there are even rules to follow.” Carlisle agreed adding that they’d take responsibility for her, Jane:” Ah so you think you’re part of the Cullens now? Hmm how interesting. No, we don’t make any exceptions or give second changes. Not good for our reputation (looks at Bella with a smirk) Ciaus will be very interested to hear that you’re still human. (looks back at Lexi) Aro will be pleased to know of you, he might decide to visit you himself.” Lexi was focusing hard not to become angry with Jane and give herself away, she slipped for a moment but shut her eyes before anyone saw. Jasper was watching her and saw her calming herself down then opened her eyes again. Alice:” Don’t worry Dear Jane, the date is set. Perhaps we shall come visit you in Italy in a few months!” Jane nodded, turned to Felix and instructed him to dispose of Bree. Edward informed both Bella and Lexi to look away which they did squeezing each other’s hands.
Lexi went with the Cullens back to the house waiting for Carlisle to get his medical supplies or whatever he needed. Edward:” So Bella and now Lexi aren’t affected by Jane’s power. But why’d you step up to Jane?” Lexi:” You know, I just felt the urge to. Something inside me, some feeling I had just told me that I hope Aro does show up to see me so I can show him what I am and what families that I belong to.” Jasper laughed and everyone looked in his direction. Jasper:” How is it that you’re MY blood singer, Jacob’s imprint yet you act a lot like Emmett lately?” Lexi looked over at Emmett, Lexi:” I guess the big bear is just rubbing off on me. All of you are!” Emmett and her laughed while Jasper smirked at her. When Carlisle was ready, Lexi quickly gave everyone a hug, but Jasper a kiss on his neck that surprised him. Then both her and Carlisle ran to Billy’s house, she stayed with Billy and Charlie while Carlisle went to take care of Jake. Billy looked at Lexi and reached over touching her hand, when she looked up she was crying. Edward showed up at the door and asked how Jake was, Charlie was getting up to leave. Charlie:” It’s alright Lexi, the good doctor’s with him and he’s a strong kid. By the way, how’s Alice and Bella?” Lexi:” They’re good. Alice insisted on makeovers and when Bella went first I snuck out with Carlisle. Bella probably is upset with me about that, but I know she’s more upset by Jake’s being hurt.” Charlie nodded gave her a hug and left, and Lexi put her head back in her arms on the table. Billy knew she was heartbroken he might be an old member of the tribe, but he can still feel some things when they’re strong, and what Lexi is feeling is really strong. She blocked how she was feeling from the pack, she didn’t need to add to how they were feeling themselves. Billy told her that Jake’s still unconscious he’s not feeling much of his injuries too. Lexi:” I know Billy, I just…Oh Bella will either try to come today or tomorrow to check in on him.” Billy:” Lexi look at me.” She lifted her head up, tears still falling and when she looked at him he could see the were a gently light lavender. Billy:” Lexi, you know you can’t keep what you’re feeling inside, it’s not good.” Lexi:” I know dad but I don’t know what to do except cry and I don’t want anyone to think of me as weak.” Billy reached over and touched her hand again, Billy:” No one will think you’re weak. What If it was reversed and Jake was the one in your position. What do you think he’d do?” Lexi:” Aside from being at my side to watch over me, I know he’d run. He’d shift into his beautiful rusty colored wolf that I love so much and just run to not only feel free but to clear his mind.” She looked at him and Billy simply nodded with a slight smile.
Bella came, standing in the doorway, her eyes met Lexi’s. Billy told her she can come in and Bella was still looking at Lexi. Paul had come out of the room a moment before Bella got there and Carlisle left. Paul looked at Bella and told her that he was waiting for her, Bella didn’t want to go if he hadn’t seen Lexi first, but Lexi insisted. Lexi got up, Billy:” You know you worry about him much too much?” Lexi:” Ya, I don’t mean to either, it’s like another gift or something much like earlier.” Billy:” What happened earlier?” Lexi:” Well, after the fight Edward told Bella and I that we had to go to the clearing and join his family. As we were running to the clearing, as we got closer I felt the wind knocked out of me. I could feel pain, so I feel to my knees and had a hard time trying to catch my breath. All I did was look up at Edward and simply said Jake’s name, he nodded.” Billy patted the top of her hand smiling at her, Billy:” That’s because you’re like no other. It’s partly due to you and my son imprinting on one another but not completely. As much as you continue to amaze or surprise those around you with what you’re capable of, you surprise yourself even more.” Lexi smiled, gave him a hug, Lexi:” Guess I’m going for a run. Could you let him know if he asks for me?” Billy nodded with a smile, Lexi left the house already running and shifted. She was like Jake, it just came easier to her and didn’t take much. She began running not caring where she was going, she knew she wasn’t alone of course. “Are you ok?,” Emrby “Just a lot on my mind that’s all. Please don’t worry, I seem to do more then enough of that for the entire pack. I can’t stand seeing him like that that’s all. Thanks Emrby,” Lexi. “Would you like company?,” Paul. “Thanks Paul, but how about another time?,” Lexi. Paul told her that he’s holding her to that, but he stayed close to her in case she changed her mind. Alone for a while, she decided she needed to talk to someone. “Sam can I talk to you for a moment?,” Lexi. Sam informed her he was on his way and they talked, Sam helping her with some of what was bothering her, then she ran back to the house when she heard Jake was asking for her. Lexi went into his room closing the door behind her, she carefully went to his good side, and laid next to him. Jake:” Lexi?” Lexi:” Yes Jakey it’s me!” They laid there in silence for a while before Jake spoke again, Jake:” I told her that I can live with her marrying him since I have you. I love you Lexi I really do.” He moved his left arm and pulled her closer to him, Lexi:” I love you to Jacob Black, you’re my whole world and more!” As she said that she was crying again, Jake only knew when he felt a few of her tears land on his chest. He moved her up closer to him and asked her to look at him, again her eyes were that gentle light lavender. Jake:” Although your eyes are a beautiful bright lavender purple, can you please stop crying Lexi. I’m fine, I’ll be fine and we’re together.”