Is Anything Meant to Be?

First Week....A new Friend

She walked out the house and just walked….Although she had her headphones in her hears and music playing, she wasn’t really paying attention to any of it. She was walking and taking everything in, she made it to the school, and looked around. She remembered what Angela had told her on the drive to the house about the school, so she looked at everything. Lexi wasn’t paying attention to where she was going, she somehow made her way into the woods. Lexi grabbed her bag reaching for her sketch pad and a pencil. She began to draw the forest, and lost track of time, since darkness fell faster then she thought. Her phone began going off, and she looked at the time before she answered it. Lexi:” Ang…Angela, I’m fine. I found myself in the forest and thought it was beautiful I was a, drawing it. I must’ve lost track of time. I’m on my way back, if I can find it that is.” Angela was freaking out, she knew she’d get in trouble with her mom if anything happened, so she didn’t want that to happen. She called Ben and had him come over so they could go around and search for Lexi. He had no problem with it, and that’s what they did. Lexi looked around and at some of the leaves, she thought the way she had gone into the forest was from the left of her and headed that way, not knowing that she was getting deeper and deeper into the forest. She fell a bunch of times and probably scrapped one of her knees and both of her hands, but one time she fell she didn’t get back up. Lexi fell hard tripping over a huge log, and hit her head on a rock. When she woke up, she was on the couch back at the house….She tried getting up, but her head began throbbing and making the room spin.
~Lexi~
“ I don’t remember what happened. I remember trying to find my way out of the forest, I know tripping and falling a bunch of times as well which is typical me. Wait, I fell hard over a thicker branch and I think I hit my head on a rock or something, but then I haven’t the faintest clue what else happened. I don’t remember how I even made it here, let alone how with my head and hitting it not at the hospital.”
Angela:” No, no Lexi don’t get up. You hit your head really hard, does it hurt?” Lexi nodded gripping the side of the couch, Angela grabbed the bottle of pills off the table and a bottle of water. Angela:” It’s been four hours since your last dose that Dr. Carlisle gave you, so you can take two.” She put two pills in her hand, dropping them into Lexi’s and handing her the bottle of water. Lexi took them and carefully sat up a little on the couch, Angela thought she looked scared. Angela:” Lexi, are you ok you look scared?” Lexi looked at her and looked away closing her eyes to fight them from coming, she spoke calmly, Lexi:” Don’t worry Ang, this is how I always look. I’m fine.” Angela wanted to believe her, but just couldn’t. Lexi somehow had Angela convinced that she’s fine, and to sleep upstairs, Lexi stayed on the couch. As she fell asleep, she relived it all yet again or so she thought. She kept trying to focus on how she made it home..
“I was picked up….picked up by who though? Focus Lex… focus on anything. The person who picked me up was hot. His skin was burning as if he had a fever all over, but oh so warm. What I remember of his voice, is that it sounded nice, sweet.”
It’s a weekend, and only two weeks into the school year, Angela came down, and Lexi was feeling better. Lexi:” Angela, what happened the other night?” Angela:” Wait, you don’t remember? Dr. Carlisle never said anything about amnesia…Maybe I should give him a call?” Lexi:” No, don’t. I remember, just after I told you that I was gonna try to find my way out of the forest, I fell and hit my head obviously, but I blacked out. I remember a little bit, I remember whoever found me had picked me up and he was very warm, I thought he was sick…” Angela calmed down and relaxed, Angela:” Oh, the person that found you and brought you home was Jacob, one of Bella and I think Edward’s friends, I know he’s Bella’s friend though. He hikes through the woods a lot, and you were lucky he was in the area at the time and found you. He got ahold of the doctor and he came here to make sure you were ok. So are you ready for school tomorrow?” Lexi:” Ya, I might need you to point me in the direction of some of my classes, but I went by the school when I went for my walk trying to think of the classes I could have and where you said they’d be.” Angela nodded and old her of course and they just hung out on the couch all day talking and watching movies.
In the morning it was time for school, Angela made sure Lexi was up and they both changed (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=44659606), then they heard a horn honk and Angela looked out. Angela:” Want a ride with us, or mom can give you one?” Lexi looked back, and then at Angela and followed her out the house. When she got into the car with her, Angela introduced Lexi to Ben and Ben to Lexi. When they got to school, Lexi went to the office to get her schedule and other papers, then headed to her first class. Her first few classes were ok, and when it came time for English she noticed her cousin and a few other people in the class. The teacher signed her paper, and told the class there was a new student. Lexi:” Ya, I’m Lexi Weber.” He told her to take a seat and the closest one was in front of Edward and Bella. Lexi went into her bag and pulled out her books, she loved English class, and when she pulled out the book her sketch came out too. Bella was the first to notice it, but waited until the end of the class to say something.
Once class was over, Lexi threw everything in her bag, and quickly left. She headed right for the cafeteria and since she was knew, she went to sit a the table in the back to draw. The Cullens got their food and was heading to their table which of course is the one she’s sitting at. She began drawing, when everyone got to the table, she looked at them and didn’t have to say a word. Lexi:” Sorry for sitting at your table, I’m gonna go outside.” She put her things in her bag and walked out side…Bella:” What was that about, she could’ve sat there if she wanted to?” Edward:” She’s troubled by something, but I don’t know what?” Bella:” That’s what you got from her mind?” Edward shook his head no, Edward:” No, it’s unusual…” Bella:” I thought I was the only one whose mind you can’t read?” Edward:” Well that’s what I thought. I can read her mind, but what she keeps repeating or focusing on.” They all looked at him with a curious look, no one could understand why. Bella looked off in the direction Lexi went, she was thinking of something since her eyebrows creased in that usual way known to her and others as thinking.
~Bella~
“Hmm, that’s weird. Edward can only read Lexi’s mind if she’s thinking of the same thing over and over….I wonder what’s torturing her. What I really want to know is why did she draw a picture of Jake in his Wolf state.”
Bella got up and went outside to hang out with Lexi, she thought she could use someone to hang out with, plus she wanted to know what was up with the Jake wolf thing. No one knows about that but her and Edward’s family. Bella walked over to her, and cleared her throat, Bella:” Um Lexi, can I sit with you?” Lexi looked up and nodded, she moved her things and looked at Bella. Lexi:” Um, is everything ok Isa…I mean Bella?” Bella:” Ya I wanted to ask you a question?” Lexi looked at her confused, Lexi:” Ok, sure. Forgive me if I seem really surprised, just usually everyone ignores me and I’m usually invisible to everyone.” Bella nodded since she understood but she’s sure Lexi enjoys it most of the time though. Bella:” I was just curious about that picture you drew, the one of the wolf?” Lexi looked at her with a surprised expression, Lexi:” I can’t tell you…I want to but you’ll think I’m krazy” The bell rang and Lexi left. When Bella saw her walk away, she went to find Edward and ask him something. Bella:“ Edward, I was wondering if you could do something for me?“ When he nodded, she asked him to see if he could hear Lexi anywhere, and when he heard her she asked what she was thinking. Edward:” Why did Bella just come out of nowhere and ask about the wolf picture I drew. I want to tell her, tell her everything, but if I do she’ll think I’m krazy and how do I know that she won’t tell anyone else. No one knows what happened when I was younger, not even Angela. She knows about the crescent shaped scar on my shoulder blade but doesn’t know what it’s from or how I got it. I just know that if you touch it it’s always colder then the rest of my skin.” Bella looked at him and walked outside to the woods, Edward following her. Bella:” She was bit by a vampire. I wonder what happened, she knows about vampires and werewolfs, or part of it. I still am curious about that Wolf drawing though.” Edward looked at her and told her to wait a moment. He pulled his phone out and called Carlisle. Edward:” Carlisle I’ve to ask you something. We’ve this new girl at school and from what I got, she knows about vampires since something happened when she was younger, she has a mark on her shoulder blade where she was bitten by one. Bella thinks that she knows about the wolves too, since she’s been drawing one of them.” Carlisle:” Hmm, ok. We don’t want to spring it all on her, so how about Bella gets to know her more and see if she can get more from her. What’s her name?” Edward:” Lexi Weber!” Carlisle was trying to see if he could recollect or recall her, but he couldn’t. Edward:” Carlisle says to try to see if she knows more. Why not becoming her friend, you’re friends with her cousin maybe she’ll be your best friend like Jake is but your female best friend.”
When it was time to head home, Lexi told Angela that she’d like to walk home, but out of no where Bella offered to take her home.
Lexi looked over at Bella with a shocked look, and then nodded. Angela thought it was kool, and left with Ben, while Bella looked at Lexi and told her to follow her to the truck. They both got in, and then Bella looked at her, Bella:” Um Lexi, I was wondering if you’d like to be friends. I know how it is to switch schools and come here, the only difference is being the chief of Police’s daughter everyone wanted to talk to me and be my friend. Plus you look like you could use one.” Lexi smiled, she felt like she could trust Bella but still didn’t want to look like she has lost her mind. Bella:” Do you want to go hang out at my house?” Lexi looked at her and looked around, Lexi:” You know, I think I’d like that.”