Is Anything Meant to Be?

Making a friend FAST

Bella drove to her house with Lexi, and the whole time they were in the truck, Bella slowly got her to talk. She realized that they’re a lot alike and it was a little weird, and then they were at the house. When they got out, and into the house, Bella looked at her dad Charlie, and smiled. Charlie:” Hey Bells how was school?” Bella:” It was good, ah I’ve a friend here…Charlie this is Lexi Angela’s cousin, Lexi this is my dad Charlie.” Charlie nodded, and Lexi stuck her hand out to shake, he shook her hand, Lexi:” It’s nice to meet you Mr. Swan.” He looked at her surprised and a little confused, then nodded. Bella talked to Charlie for a little, and then she headed up stairs telling Lexi to follow. They hung out in her room for a while, and Lexi sat on the bed. Bella:” Hey Lexi, do you have any other drawings?” Lexi looked at her nervously, pulled out her sketch pad and handed it to her nervously. Strangely it was rather warm in Bella’s room so she took her vest and shirt off since she was wearing a tank top, and Bella saw the scar on her right shoulder blade.
~Bella~
“I wanted to just come right out and ask her how she got the scar, what exactly happened and what she knows about vampires and wolves, but that would both awkward and just not right.”
Bella looked at her and told her it’s fine she can relax. Lexi nodded a little nervously, and looked around. Lexi:” So what’s Edward doing, I’m surprised he’s not here with you?” Bella:” Well he was going to, but he thought we should hang out first before he intrudes on our friendship.” Lexi thought that was funny, and looked back at Bella. They just did small talking, Bella didn’t want to push too quickly and she was actually starting to like hanging out with her. Bella looked through her sketches, and to Lexi’s surprise she didn’t ask not once. Lexi:” Thanks Bella!” Bella looked at her and asked for what, Lexi:” For not asking about the scar that I’m sure you noticed, and about the drawings again.” Bella:” I was but I just thought if you wanted me to know or you do want me to know you’ll tell me when you’re ready. Why push someone to tell you something that’s uncomfortable to them or they’re not sure on sharing just yet.” Lexi smiled with a nod, she looked at the time, Lexi:” I should be going. By the way, tell Edward good night for me.” Bella looked at her curiously, and followed Lexi downstairs.
Lexi took her phone out and was about to call Angela, but Bella stopped her. Bella:” It’s ok, I’ll drive you home.” Lexi asked if she was sure, she didn’t want Bella to go out of her way just to bring her home, but Bella insisted. Lexi:” Ah, Thanks Mr. Swan for allowing me to hang out and visit with Bella this afternoon and evening.” He told her she was very welcome, and looked at Bella after Lexi walked out to the truck. Charlie:” She’s very nice and polite. I think she’s gonna stick around for a while.” Bella looked at Charlie with a smirk and gave him a nod, then walked out to her truck. When they headed back to Angela’s house, Bella just had to ask. Bella:” Why’d you tell me to tell Edward good night.” Lexi:” Well I wasn’t sure if he would go to your house or not at night with Charlie, but I know he’s been in your room.” Bella:” Wait, how do you know that?” Lexi:” I am very strange, which is why I didn’t want to say anything….but my nose is unusual. I can make scents out, I noticed the smell of his cologne, when you went to the table that I didn’t now was yours and theirs. When I was in your room, it’s lingering, not strong but it’s there. I didn’t think he was there at night, I just thought he’s been in your room before.” Bella:” Oh, ok,” and she focused back on driving. Bella:” You’re not weird, strange or anything. To be honest, I am like that with blood, I can smell it.” Lexi:” You too, I think it has like a metal or metallic smell, but then again it could be rust.” Bella:” Ya, that’s what I say. It’s definitely a rusty smell.” They both sortof laughed at that, and then they were at the house, Lexi thanked her and Bella thanked Lexi as well. Bella:” Maybe we could hang out again, that is if you’d like to?” Lexi looked at her and told her she’d like that a lot, told Bella that she’ll see her at school tomorrow, and then she went into the house.
When Bella got back home and went up to her room for bed, Edward was there and she looked at him. Edward:” What…what is it?” Bella:” It’s weird, she’s a lot like me but in some ways she’s not. She is smart, she picked up on your scent when we were in the cafeteria, and she says it’s still in the room.” Edward:” Really, hmm that’s interesting.” Bella:” Ya I had to ask cuz before she left she just told me to tell you good night for her. I asked on the way back to Angela’s house what she meant and she told me that. She can also smell blood like me, we both think it’s a rusty metallic smell.” Edward smiled and kissed her, he asked if she got to ask about the scar, but knew by her face that she didn’t. Edward:” Are you starting to like her as a friend?” Bella:” Ya I am. We’re a lot alike and have a lot of the same interests. Plus I didn’t want to push it on her, so I didn’t ask. Do you think your brothers and sisters would mind if she sits with us one day at lunch?” Edward:” I don’t know…I’ll run it by Alice and see if she sees any consequences against it.”
Lexi was in the guest room, looking through her pictures and began drawing one for both Bella and Edward. Before Lexi got to comfortable and settled in for the rest of the night, she changed (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=44717915) and went back to drawing the picture of Edward and Bella.
~Lexi~
“Hmm, I wonder if Edward and Bella will like my drawing. Then again it’s better then drawing the wolves and WHITE ONES I keep seeing in my dreams. I hate it, they don’t scare me per say, they’re just creepy. I know the WHITE ONES is just like the one who bit me when I was younger, I just wish I could get rid of these dreams. I don’t know what it means but all I keep seeing is the guy who bit me, and the wolves, but I don’t get it. All I got is that maybe the Wolves and WHITE ONES at some point are enemies, but I don’t think that’ll last long.”
Meanwhile, Edward was sitting on the bed near Bella and he gave out a slight chuckle. Bella:” What is it, why’d you chuckle?” Edward:” Lexi, sure is smart and very unique. I think she’ll fit in with us!!” Bella:” Wait, does that mean Alice has seen something?” Edward nodded, and Bella kept asking him what it was she told him. Edward:” Alice for right now sees all of us becoming really good friends with her, but she sees something strange happening to Jasper. She can’t see some things either, so she assumes it has to do with the wolves.” Bella was shocked, and also curious about Jasper, she was trying to think what could possibly be on his mind or anything. Bella:” When do we all get friendly with Lexi then?” Edward:” Well, you’re going to ask her to wait a little so you can walk to lunch with her, and just bring her by the table. Alice will be the first to greet her, and take her around the table to everyone of course.” Bella agreed, and thought that was good.
When it was time for school in the morning, Lexi had this sense that it was going to be warm, so she changed (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=44990084) making sure to grab a sweater in case she did or does get cold. Then they headed for school, and when she got there, Bella was waiting by her truck watching Lexi. Bella:” Hey Lexi!” Lexi spun around to look and smiled when she realized it was Bella, she was glad Bella was starting to like her as a friend and she was glad that she was beginning to like Bella. Lexi:” Angela I’ll see you later, I’m gonna go say hi to Bella.” She gave her cousin a hug before going over to Bella and giving her a hug. Lexi:” Hi Bella, thanks again for last night. I had fun hanging out with you.” Bella:” Ah thanks, ya I had fun too. I was wondering something, would you mind if you waited in Biology class, so Edward and I could walk with you to lunch?” Lexi:” Ya sure. I’m surprised Edward would even want to walk with me, I know he’s probably doing it for you, but sure.”
~Lexi~
“Whoa, did I just hear Bella right…-Mind waiting so Edward and I could walk to lunch with you…I got the sense that Edward didn’t really like me, but I haven’t really gotten to spend time with him for him to like me or not. I know one thing….His brother is hot.”
Bella:” Of course, Edward’s a nice guy, people just don’t want to take the time to get to know him.” Lexi nodded, and told Bella that she didn’t mean for the way that sounded, but Bella just shrugged it off. Before Lexi walked away, she looked back at Bella with a small smile. Lexi:” Oh could you thank your friend Jacob for me.” Bella:” Um sure, how do you know Jake?” Lexi:” I’ll tell you in English class.” Bella nodded, and Lexi walked away. Edward came out of nowhere and smirked at Bella, Bella:” You know something, what is it?” Edward:” What Lexi said when you asked if she could wait so you and I could walk with her to the cafeteria. She sensed that I didn’t really like her, and she thinks one of my brothers is really cute, although she used the word hot!” Bella:” Hmm, I wonder which brother she thinks is hot, and how she knows Jake.” Bella couldn’t really focus on her classes, she was really curious about how Lexi knew Jake, and she was also wondering which one of Edward’s brothers she thinks is hot. She kept looking at the clock, and although she wasn’t focusing or paying much attention to her classes, she got everything right. She didn’t even bother waiting for English class, she headed towards the classroom but turned and ran into Lexi then walked to English. Bella:” Ok, so how do you know Jake?” Lexi:” Well, that first weekend I got here to Forks, I decided to clear my mind and go for a walk. I walked from Angela’s house to the school trying to get it mesmerized somewhat in my mind, then I just kept walking. I found my way to the forest and what I saw I fell in love with. I sat down and began drawing what I saw, and I ended up losing track of time. Angela called me freaking out worried, and I told her that I’d somehow find my way out of the forest. I tried, I walked and ended up tripping over things as well as my own feet, and the last time I tripped I must’ve hit my head on a rock since I don’t remember anything after that…except one thing. Someone picked me up, and whoever it was felt like they had a fever or were just on fire. Angela told me the next day after some doctor named Carlisle came to check on me and make sure I was fine, that a friend of yours and Edward’s, not so much Edward it seemed, found me and was the one who brought me home. Angela says that he doesn’t go hear, but somewhere else, so I thought if you see him you could thank him for finding me and bringing me back to Angela’s, well home.” Bella understood, and they went into the classroom together.
Bella told her that she could thank him herself, if she wanted to go with them to La Push this weekend. Lexi:” I don’t want to intrude, and to be honest I’m not much of a fan of Jessica. I don’t think she likes me either, and I noticed Mike staring at you and me. So aside from you and my cousin, I guess Edward as well, you’re the only ones who bother talking to me.” Bella:” I don’t care, if you want to come you’re coming because I invited you. Besides, Jakes friends are really nice a little weird but nice. Plus your cousin will be there, and I think you should. I won’t be surfing, and I’m not sure about Angela, but you can hang out with me, and maybe Jake.” Lexi told Bella that she’d think about it, and they focused on class when the teacher came in. Once it was time for Biology, Lexi was partnered up with both Edward and Bella. Edward saw Bella smile, as well as a little glint of happiness in Lexi’s eyes. Lexi being the klutz that she is, tripped over something and scrapped her knee on the edge of the table. She instantly grabbed her bag pulled out the piece of cloth she keeps in there, and held it to her knee for a moment. Bella looked at her with a smirk, Bella:” A klutz like me…interesting.” They were already done with their project, and all had it written down, so Edward looked at Lexi with a smirk. Edward:” I know you know who I am and you know I know who you are, but I’d like to do this right. I’m Edward and it’s nice to meet you Lexi!” He stuck his hand out to shake, and she looked at it but shook it. Lexi:” Nice to meet you officially too!” She started giggling, and when she shook his hand she didn’t flinch or even say anything about him being cold. He found that very interesting, and the moment their hands touched, she got a sense but wasn’t sure what it was.