Is Anything Meant to Be?

Results & Part of the Family

Carlisle:” Lexi could you wait a little longer? I’d like to see if I can find your blood work from the night you were bitten, and/or before to compare to the results I’ve now, to see if it’s the same or if something has changed. I believe we might’ve missed a key factor and have to be sure.” Lexi:” No I don’t mind at all, um Carlisle?” He looked at her with those gentle golden eyes of his, Carlisle:” Yes Lexi?” Lexi:” When you’re ready to tell me the results could it be possible if Bella was here with me in the room. She kind of already knows a little and she is my best friend I’d feel better if she were in here.” Carlisle nodded and before he ran off he ran over to both Edward and Emmett, Carlisle:” I need to run and see if I can track down some of Lexi’s old blood and other records. Make sure she doesn’t hurt herself and if she does by chance do so, keep Jasper away. Have Bella and Alice handle it if she does harm herself.” They both nodded and watched Carlisle leave, Edward:” Bella, do you know what’s going on by any chance?” Bella:” Sort of, but if Lexi wants you to know when she finds out, I’m sure she’ll tell you and the rest of the family.” While they simply waited just hanging out, Lexi came into the kitchen looking at them all curiously, then went to look for a bite to eat. Emmett:” Lex, are you hungry?” She looked at him smirking, Lexi:” No, I’m just rummaging through the cabinets and the fridge for the hell of it. Of course I’m hungry, but why‘re you asking?.” Emmett:” Why not allow me to make you something?” Before Lexi could even say anything, both him and Rose were already going around the kitchen making her something to eat. Lexi:” Emmett, Rose please stop. I really don’t need you two doing that. I can make something myself if I want.” Emmett:” Lexi, I don’t care what happens with your blood results…I will always call you and think of you as my sister.” Lexi:” Really, even if lets say that I turn out to be a werewolf? You know, with them not liking you and you don’t like them?” Rose:” I know too that we will all still call you our sister, you will be no matter what and your always going to be part of this family. That goes for both you and Bella, and even if you do turn out to be a dog, I will hold my tongue although you will give it right back but you will still be part of this family first.” Bella was shocked that Rose just included her and with what Rose had just said that she dropped her drink so the glass broke, everyone spun around and looked at her, Edward smirked at Rose who went back to making lunch or dinner. Emmett put the food onto a plate when it was done and told her and Bella to sit down. Lexi gave him a hug and went over to Rose, Rose nodded before allowing Lexi to also hug her.
Carlisle came back in the morning with Lexi’s blood work from when she was bitten, he began comparing it and he brought back a sample from back then before she was bitten, that they still had on file. He called Lexi and Bella into in his study, all he had to do was go over a few things to explain it to her so everyone understands. Lexi:” Um Carlisle?” Carlisle:” Yes my dear?” Lexi:” I was wondering if I could have Jake here with me too. I mean since I keep being drawn to him for some reason, I feel like I NEED him here.” Carlisle simply smirked, and called Edward up, he whispered for Edward to find Jake which made Lexi smile. Edward left, running through the forest to where the ravine is, then he waited “Jacob, can you come to the ravine,” Edward. He waited and saw Jake step from behind a tree, Jake looking over at Edward smugly. “What, what is it?” Jake “It’s Lexi, she wants to know if you could come to my house so you’re there with her and Bella when she gets the results of her blood tests” Edward. “Blood tests, what’s wrong?” Jake. Edward starts heading back to his house, “You’ll find out if you come which she really wants you to. She says that it’s like she NEEDS you there, so it’ll be only you, and Bella as well as my father of course in his study. He’ll explain what he has found in the blood tests, are you coming?” Edward. Jake was still on the other side of the ravine, he was still thinking of what Edward had said that Lexi NEEDS him there with her, then he snapped out of it for a moment, he went and jumped over the ravine catching up to Edward. “She really says that it feels like she needs me there?” Jake. Edward smiled but nodded, Edward:” There’s something else you should know…she says that she has been being drawn to you. She can’t explain it but she feels drawn to you. Carlisle believes it might be to what his assumptions were but he’s comparing her blood now to what he found when she got bit by her neighbor, he said something seemed odd or strange.” Jake:” She’s being drawn to me…Wow, I wonder why’s that. I’m sure your dad told you what his assumptions are or were?” Edward:” He wants to tell the family but since he considers Lexi part of the family, he says when and if she wants us to know she’ll tell us when she’s ready. If she doesn’t, he says we might know soon enough but he’s not sure.” They walked back to the house in silence, when they entered the house however Rose being Rose, Rosalie:” Ugh, who let the mongrel in?” Jake(smirking):” Always nice to see the devil in the flesh…so to speak.” Edward showed Jake the way to Carlisle’s study, he knocked on the door and went in once Carlisle said that he could. The minute Lexi saw Jake she jumped up and gave him a hug, Lexi(whispered):” I’m so glad you’re here. I don’t know why but I have this need to…um never mind.” He looked at her curiously and told himself that he’d get it out of her one way or another, then he sat down next to her while Bella was on the other side. Lexi:” So Carlisle, what’s the news?” Carlisle:” I looked at your blood work they happened to still have on file before you had been bitten, that blood after I ran some tests shows you having the werewolf gene running through you. But comparing your blood now and when you did get bit, it shows trace amounts of venom still in you which means you’re a hybrid, part vampire and part werewolf which is strange. I am assuming that when you were bit, the venom that I sucked back out, some of it happened to stay in you latching onto your blood cells and coexisting with the wolf gene. The venom like we said is what gave you those abilities or the vampire abilities but, the venom also stopped the gene for a while from progressing and took over. Now that the venom is subsiding a little, it’s finally allowing the gene to take affect, which means the symptoms will be arising soon, but I can’t be positive on how soon (looks at Jake). I’ve never seen anything like this before so I can’t tell you what will happen, or what other abilities you might possess. Because you’ve the wolf gene that’s why you’ve been drawn to Jacob. I’m glad that he’s here, that he knows too that way if you want his help he can help you with Sam if he wants.” Lexi looked over at Bella who was purely shocked, Bella:” Ok so I’ve a vampire boyfriend/family, a werewolf best friend and now a hybrid best friend!” Lexi turned to Jake who looked at her with a small smile, both Lexi and Bella then saw this never before seen twinkle in his eyes that not one person, no one has ever seen.
Lexi simply sits there analyzing everything just taking it all in, Lexi:” No wonder I’m being drawn to you and had a desire to kiss you when I saw you walk through that door! Ok I’m totally fine with it I guess. I know I will have to talk to Jasper soon, but I’d like to tell the rest of the family first, then go from there. Hope they really meant what they said!” Carlisle:” I know my family, they really mean that they’ll still call you their sister. We all still see you as part of this family and we’re very fond of you too.” Lexi smiled and gave him a hug, then they all went headed back downstairs where the rest of the Cullens are. Lexi:” According to Carlisle here, my blood shows that I’m a hybrid.” Alice:” So what does that mean?” Lexi:” It means that I was born with the wolf gene, but when I was bitten even though Carlisle had sucked the venom out some of it latched onto my blood cells and that’s why I have these abilities, plus it counteracted and slowed down the gene. Now that the venom is slowing down for right now, the gene is starting to kick in which is why I can now heal myself when I’m hurt. That’s also the reason why I feel so drawn to Jake right now.” Alice:” That’s why it seems like I’ve to focus more when I’m trying to see your future, and why I’ve to piece it together since I can’t see some of it.” Edward:” So all this means that the symptoms will be arising soon and you’ll be turning into a wolf. Wonder what your fur will look like!” Jake looked at him and nodded, saying he was thinking the same thing. Lexi:” I’m still curious about a few things. Would it be ok if I flew home to talk to my mom?” Carlisle and Esme nodded and told her that they’ll get her a ticket, Lexi thanked them giving them both a hug and turned to Jake. Lexi:” Would you please come with me?” Jake looked at her and nodded, Jake:” Of course I will if you really want me to go.” Lexi looked at him and nudged him, Emmett looked at her and grabbed her throwing her over his shoulder. She like the first time got out of his grip and off his shoulder, she wasn’t even trying. She was just fidgeting to get out of his arms, he looked at her curiously yet he had that smirk she loved. Emmett:” I knew there was something special about you. No one can ever get out of my grip, not even Rose, or Edward.” Lexi smiled, and sat down next to Alice who grabbed her hand. The minute Alice grabbed her hand Lexi saw something…