Waiting for You

Car Ride

"You look wonderful," I comment. I have never known legs could look so endless. Of course, her breasts are eye-catching because of the large bow.

"Thank you. You clean up well yourself." She gives me a warm smile.

"Well, are you ready?" I ask kindly.

"Yeah, I am," she says stepping out of the door. She shuts the door behind her.

I open the passenger's side of my truck for her. I help her up into the car. I try to think of something to say, but I can't think of anything to say. I continue to tell myself that everything will be fine.

"I didn't know that you could be such a gentleman," she comments when I shut the driver's side door.

I laugh. "If I wasn't a gentleman, I wouldn't be worth dating," I joke.

I pull out of the driveway of Karla's house. She lives on Cave Road. I have never understood the reason behind the name. She has a neighbor, but you can't see the house because of the trees. The only indication of another house is the gravel road that I just drove by. There is another house a little further down, but no one lives there.

"I never realized Karla had neighbors," she says noticing the driveway. "Do you know who lives there?"

"I know who lives there, but he never goes to town," I answer. "His daughter works at the local tag office. He has poor health. I can't remember what it is that he has."

"Oh, that's so sad," she says. "Well, let's focus on the actual date and not the sad stuff."

I turn off Cave Road and on to Main Street. I head east to Red's Grill. I'm hoping that she will like it. I'm just the type to hope for the best.

"How are you settling in?" I ask.

"I like it out here. I'm getting used to the town's layout. The people are nice, so I guess that's nice." She looks at me from the passenger's side.

"It's not Los Angeles, is it?" I ask.

"No, this is most definitely not Los Angeles. I think it's a nice change. Or at least it's proving to be a good change so far." I can hear the truth in her voice. She really likes it here.

The rest of the car ride has some conversation, but it's just us getting to know each other. I have to hope that the rest of the date will actually be good. I'm actually looking forward to the fact that it takes a few minutes to go out to the grill because I can spend more time alone with her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, here you go.