Waiting for You

A Kiss

I look up at the sign hanging above the door. It looked like a nice intimate restaurant. I look at Brian who is standing beside me as we make our way inside the building. Brian leans forward to opens the door for me.

"Just the two of you?" the hostess asks with a kind smile planted firmly on her face. A part of me thinks it is really meant for Brian instead of me. I really can't be jealous seeing how this is our first date who knows if there is going to be another one.

"Yes," Brian replies with a friendly smile.

"Alright. Just follow me." She grabs two menus and walks towards the back of the building. She stops at a booth with a family sitting a few booths down. "Is this fine?"

She leaves with our orders of drinks and telling us the specials. I sit across from him. I give him a kind smile. I have to admit that I hate trying new restaurants without knowing what their specialty is. It's just one of my quirks.

"What's good here?" I ask nervously.

"Everything really. They don't serve things they don't specialize in." He looks up at me. I can't comprehend his facial expression. It has a mixture of kindness and a bit of adoration.

The waitress comes up to us and introduces herself as Tracey. She deposits our drinks in front of us. She then asks us if we are ready to order. I order chicken tenders with a side of fries. He orders a hamburger with practically everything on it besides onions and mayonnaise.

"So I have been wondering why did you move to a little town like this?" he asks as soon as the waitress leaves.

"I wanted to be with my sister. I don't have any family in Los Angeles anymore when my mom died. I wanted to be around family," I answer quickly. I had to admit that I thought he wouldn't have asked that, but that was a stupid idea. Of course, people are going to ask why I moved to a smaller town.

He looks at me with a kind smile. "That makes sense. It's always nice to have family around."

There is something about the way he is caring himself that tells me that he is truly interested in what I have to say. I just made me want this to work even though I'm not entirely sure if I'm ready for a new relationship or not.

"Why do you stay in a small town? You would have been a huge hit as an actor or model in Hollywood," I point out.

"Oh, turning the tables on me, eh? I have never had the interest to be a model, and I'm a terrible actor. I took drama in high school, and I would have failed if it wasn't for the fact that Mrs. Palmer did grade on participation as the bigger part of the class. Besides, I like out here. It's quiet." He laughs at his memories.

"Oh, I'm sure you weren't that bad in drama," I argue.

"I would stutter out words because I have stage fright. What about you?" he asks.

"I wasn't that bad in drama class. In fact, Mr. Reeve was encouraging me to go to auditions for actual movies," I reply with a triumphant smile. I'm not trying to rub it in his face or anything. Acting had been one of my favorite things to do. Now, there is just bad memories tied to it because of Ian.

"Oh, really now? Did you go to any of them?" he asks truly interested.

"I did a few. I got in as an extra with a few lines in one that I can't even remember the name of. That is the most of my acting career," I answer.

"Well, I'm honored to be having a date with a movie star," he teases.

I roll my eyes, not bothering to correct him. It was nice going on a date with him. He seems like a carefree guy who is easy to talk to. It's just an added bonus that he is attractive. He drives me back to Karla's house. He walks me to the door with a warm and inviting smile.

"I would love to do this again," he says stopping in front of the door.

"So do I," I agree with him. I stare up at him as he leans forwards. I meet him halfway and connect our lips. His lips were soft making me want to melt on the spot. The kiss is short even though I want it to last longer.

I step away from him towards the door. "Thank you," I say.

"For what?" he asks looking at me.

"Oh, for this evening. It was wonderful." I give him my best smile.

"It was my honor. I hope that you will have a lovely night with pleasant dreams," he says acting as gentlemanly as he possibly can.

"Goodnight, Brian," I whisper before walking into the house and shutting the door. I walk past the living room with Karla pretending to watch the show. I can tell that she was listening to us through the front door. She just rushed back to the couch.

"How did it go?" she calls over her shoulder.

"It was nice," I say as an understatement.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, sorry for the wait. I have been incredibly blocked on this story. I will try to update this more often. Of course, I do go in order with my stories.

Oh, go check out my new story: War of the Gods