Waiting for You

Meeting Someone

Jamielynn rushes into the living room the next morning. She looks at me curiously. "Where were you last night?" she asks.

"I was out with a friend," I answer, picking her up in my arms. I walk into the kitchen to see Kayla cooking. "I was going to cook."

My sister turns to look at me. "I didn't want to interrupt your dreams," she teases.

I glare at her as I set Jamie down in a chair. I should have known that she would have said something about Brian. She is the type to tease me when she sees that I kiss someone.

"Oh, I need you to run to the grocery store today," Kayla informs me. "I have a list for you, and you will get to know the town a little better without me."

I roll my eyes but agree anyways. Jamie might get to meet someone her age. She needs to have friends. Jamie is used to having a lot of friends because her school was big back in Los Angeles. I don't know why I'm just realizing that. I know that she is going to have to get used to the change, and I don't think that that she has quite grasped that.

I eat breakfast and grab the list. When I ask Jamie to get ready, she argues with me. I sigh, annoyed. I look at Kayla who just nods. I smile at her and walk out the door, heading to my car. It's not long before I'm parked in front of the small grocery store.

The store has to be family owned in this small town. I have never seen a store like this, and it's kind of nice. I walk down the aisles, trying to find the objects on my list.

"Excuse me," a girl says, walking up to me. She has long brown hair, and pale skin. "I have never seen you here before."

"I just moved here awhile back," I reply with a smile.

"Oh, where are you from?" she questions. When I tell her my hometown, she adds, "That's so amazing. I have always wanted to go there. I'm Kassie, by the way."

I introduce myself with a kind smile. She asks why I moved from such a big city to a small town. I just give her a small part of the truth. I tell her about how my sister lives here and how I don't have any family in Los Angeles. She seems to believe me and doesn't push for more information.

"You're Kayla's sister? You don't really look like her," Kassie points out.

"Everyone thinks that. She looks more like our mom, and I look more like our dad," I reply, looking at her.

"Well, I have to go, but it was nice getting to meet you. I work at the gas station, and I can help you get a job there if you need one," she says with a kind and welcoming smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, sorry for the wait. I hope that you are enjoying this. Tell me what you think. ♥