Waiting for You

Moving In

I pull onto the main road of the town. I look around. Nothing here is familiar to me. Ian only let her come see us. We never come out here. I have no idea as to why I let that one slide. I was the one who named Jamielynn. I didn't let him having any of that. She didn't take his last name. That was my mom's doing though.

Jamielynn is asleep in the backseat. I smile knowing that at least she won't be hard to work with when we get to Karla's. I pull into the drive way off what I hope is hers. I get out and get Jamie from the car seat.

"Veronica," Karla yells from behind me.

Jamie starts to stir. I roll my eyes, but pick her up in my arms. I turn to look at my sister. "Be more considerate," I scold.

"I'm sorry. I'm just so excited that you finally made it," she mutters. "I want to know the full story about why you are leaving Ian."

"Later, when I have her in bed," I say carrying my daughter into the house. I had called and asked Karla to make her bed.

Karla leads me to Jamie's new room. I set her down and tuck her in. I start to bring in the belongings that I managed to get. Karla helps me which just makes the two trips into one. I set them down in the living room. I begin to tell Karla everything about Ian that I wasn't able to tell her on the phone.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" she asks after a moment of silence.

"I don't know, Karla. I was scared that he would find out and then come and kill me," I answer softly. I look out the window.

"I wouldn't have let that happen," she says. "Hell, neither would have Mom."

"I was stupid and young," I reply. "Now, I know I don't want Jamie see me get hurt. That is my one fear out of this whole thing. If she saw what he did to me, how could I live with myself?"

"She doesn't know what he is like?" Karla looks at me curiously.

"As far as I can tell is that he loves her. I have never seen him lay a hand on her," I explain. "He loves children. He was so excited to have one of his own."

Karla doesn't say anything at least she doesn't get a chance to. Jamie comes walking into the kitchen. "Auntie," she says excitedly. Jamie runs and throws herself at Karla's open arms. I smile knowing that Karla is willing to take us in.

I decide to unpack as Karla plays with Jamie. I have everything placed out for this. Once I'm done, I decide to check to see what is going on with the two girls. They have resorted to coloring.

I have always seen Karla as the one having kids. She has always had much more patience with them than me. We were both shocked that I had gotten pregnant before her. My mom was even surprised. It was hardest to tell her that I was pregnant. In fact, I didn't even know how to tell her that I was. My dad had left us when I was five. I didn't have to worry about telling him.

He didn't want much to do with us. He did want to take Karla with him, but Karla wasn't going anywhere without Mom. He gave up and just left. I found out when I got older that he thought that I wasn't his because I didn't look much like him. I look just like my mom as everyone tells me. Karla did end up looking like him. He assumed that Mom cheated on him with some other guy.

I find myself getting ready to go to bed. I have Jamie calmed down and going to sleep as I head towards my room. I lay down and sleep by myself. I get up and climb into bed with my sister like I have a hundred times before. We have been close because we had each other and Mom. We protected each other in a sense. Karla didn't say anything. She just made room for me under the covers.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, I know. I just want to give you guys something since it appears that people are liking the story. Tell me what you think. <3