Waiting for You

Needing Time

I walk into Jamielynn's new room. She is still sleeping, but I can tell she is going to wake up soon. She never sleeps past seven. I walk over to her bed and gently shaking her awake. "Jamie, let's get up," I say with a smile.

Her eyes open before sitting up. "Mommy," she says excitedly with her voice still ringing with sleep. I help her get dressed and walk to the kitchen.

Karla is turned to the stove cooking. The man that she has hired to work around the house is sitting at the table. They talk about something that I haven't seemed to catch onto though. Jamie gets excited to meet someone new. She runs up to him.

"Hi, sir. I'm Jamielynn," she says staring up at him.

"Hey there, Jamielynn. I'm Brian," he answers kindly. "You have a beautiful name that matches the little lady."

She blushes, but yet she has herself interested in him. I smile and help her sit at the table next to him. I didn't think she would find him interesting. She has only been open to be around men when her dad is around. I wonder why that is, but here she is happily socializing with Brian.

"Veronica, you don't want your daughter to sleep in?" Karla asks as she turns to look at me.

"Oh, she wakes up at seven everyday. She doesn't sleep in yet. I'm dreading the teen years," I reply. "The only good thing that might come out of is that she will probably end up sleeping in everyday. Of course, that is a curse and a blessing."

Karla laughs. "That's probably true," she says before turning the stove off.

We eat breakfast together. When we finish, Brian gets up and goes back to work. I help Karla clean up the table. I look out the window as I'm cleaning the dishes. I watch Brian push the mower in the backyard. I stare at his shirtless chest. I shake my head turning my attention back to the dishes in the sink.

"He is single," Karla says when she realized that I was staring at Brian.

"Yeah, well. I have to worry about Ian finding me. I don't have it in me to deal with a boyfriend when he does," I answer her.

"Veronica, not every guy is like Ian. Brain would be more than happy to take of both you and Jamie. He loves kids. He wouldn't be bothered to help you with Ian." Karla stands beside me leaning against the counter. "Give him a chance before you jump to conclusions."

"What if he is like Ian?" I ask.

"But he isn't. Trust me. His mother would beat the living daylights out of him if she found out, he was abusing a woman." She grabs my arm making me look at her.

I stare at her trying to think of the right thing to say. I just don't know how to put it. Sure, I think Brian is attractive, but I'm not going to go on a date just because I think he is hot. Then there comes the truth about Ian. He is going to find where I am. There is no question about that. I can't run. I can just try to find a place where I can hide for as long as possible and hope that there will be people who will at least try to stop him.

"Karla, I need time," I beg. "Not now. Let me have some time to clear my thoughts."
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so here is this chapter. I hope that you like it. Tell me what you think. <3

Here are three stories: Snow, To A Long Life, and Hereafter