Waiting for You

A Friend's House

I walk into my friend's house. James has been my friend since childhood. Our parents were friends, so it was only natural that we became friends. James got married immediately after high school to his girlfriend, Virginia, at the time who was pregnant. They got divorced the next year when James found out that she was cheating on him the whole time. Even the kid wasn't his. I was shocked about this. I didn't know that Virginia was like that.

"Brian, how have you been?" he calls to me.

"I've been good. What about you?" I say kindly.

We talk a little more about how we are and what we have been up to. Typical friendly conversation. He asked me how Karla has been. This threw me for a loop. He has never asked about her so openly. I had always thought that he had a thing for her, but I wasn't for sure about it.

"Oh, she's fine. Her sister and niece came to live with her," I answer staring at him.

"She has a sister?" he asks.

I nod. I explain that they were close and that her sister came to live with her after moving out of the big city. I also told him that I don't know why she moved out here. That part is true because Karla never told me why she moved out here.

"So what is Veronica like?" James asks curious.

"Closed off like something bad has happened to her. She's pretty and kind of looks like a surfer girl. Or at least she goes to the beaches a lot," I explain. "She seems to be a great mom."

"She has a kid? Is she older than Karla?" The look on James's face was full of wonder.

"Yeah, she has a kid. She's younger than Karla by at least two years. Her kid is Jamielynn." I smile at the thought of the little girl. Jamielynn was full of energy and excited about everything. She was a beautiful girl with blue eyes and dirty blonde hair.

James was still shocked that Veronica had a kid, but then again he hasn't met her. Of course, he shouldn't be one to say anything seeing how he thought he got a girl pregnant in high school. I have always wondered if he was suspicious when he saw that the kid didn't look like him. I don't know if he still sees the kid or not. He doesn't have to pay child support to the kid which is a good thing for him.

"So, are you still going to be with Kassie?" he asks out of nowhere.

"Well, for one, I wasn't all that into Kassie. Two, she's still mad at me. Three, no," I answer.

"I'm sure you can find a hundred more reasons why to leave Kassie alone." He laughs at the fact that it is true. "I don't know why you didn't leave her alone in the first place."

"Oh, because I got tired of using my hand," I reply.

James laughs at that. I stay for a little longer, but eventually go home. I walk to my room and fall asleep glad that I have time for a nap before going to work at the car repair shop down the street from my house.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's been a while. I will be trying to get myself in more of a pattern of at least updating one story a day. I will update the one that has been waiting the longest to get updated. So please have patience with me. On some days I may update two or three stories. Like today I have updated two including this one and it's still early. I will try to keep this up. Tell me what you think about the story. <3