Waiting for You

Answer Yes

I wake to sun streaming in windows to see Brian is working in the yard again. It's been a few weeks living with my sister. Karla told me that it's common to see him working here. I can tell that he does a good job, so I know why she keeps him around. I walk out of the house to my car to my charger for my phone. I have plans on changing it out for a new one, but I have to have the charger to trade it in.

"Good morning, Veronica," Brain calls to me.

I look over to see him walking up to me. I feel nervous to see him working shirtless. I don't know how to react. He is absolutely attractive, and I don't want to know what's going on. "Morning," I reply.

He smiles at me. "What are you up to?" he asks gently.

"Oh, just getting my charger," I say lifting my hand up to indicate what I just grabbed. "I have to get a new one." I don't know why I added that, but I did. I don't want to tell him about my little issue just yet.

"Oh, okay. I was wondering if I could take you out on a date. I know it might be a little soon, and if you say 'no', I would understand, but I will continue to try," he says determinedly.

I look at him and think about it. There couldn't be any harm in one date, right? "Okay, I'll go on a date with you," I say kindly.

"I'll pick you up here at seven on Friday?" he asks. I can hear the excitement in his voice. I nod before he heads back to work.

I walk back in the house to see Karla smiling at me. "Don't even," I say warning her to not say anything. I can only wonder what she wants to say.

"Oh, come on. You agreed to go on a date with him," she says.

"Karla, I know I agreed, but why not at least one date? You told me to give him a chance," I reply.

"Yeah, I know." Karla heads to the kitchen. She looks like she is up to something.

"You convinced him to ask me, didn't you?" I follow her into the next room.

She smiles and nods. She doesn't have to say anything to confirm what I just accused her off. "I just told him to ask you. He likes you," she says.

I shake my head and laugh. She is probably right, but I don't know. I don't really know Brian. In a way I'm glad she got him to, but I wish that he did it himself without my sister's help. I can't be very hateful since I already agreed on the date.

"Mommy," a voice says walking into the room.

I turn to see my daughter standing there. I smile at her. I bend down to pick her up. "Morning, Jamie," I say smiling at her.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's a bit short, but I didn't know what to add to the chapter without making have too much information in it. Anyways tell me what you think. <3