Waiting for You

Get 'Em, Tiger

I can feel my nerves jumping around inside of me. I already know where I'm taking her. I wish it would have been a little bit more of a 'fancy' restaurant like in Los Angeles, but I know a good place to eat in the town that five minutes away. I don't want to take her to a place that she has probably been to tons of times. Let's give her something new to see.

I hear my front door open. There is only one person who freely walks into my home. "James," I call walking into the living room.

"Hey," James greets with a smile. "So how about tonight we go out and get a bit drunk?"

"Sorry, but I can't. I have a date, and I should be getting ready for. I have already taken my shower and have some pants on. I have been interrupted when I was digging through my closet for a shirt.

"Oh, with Kassie?" he asks. "I thought you said that you were done with her."

"I am. I'm going on a date with Karla's sister, Veronica," I correct him.

He looks me over for a second. "You are going on a date shirtless?" he asks.

I shake my head and go back to my room. "You interrupted me," I say. I know that he is following me. He isn't just going to leave without hearing what's going on.

He watches me pull my shirt over my head. "Where are you going?" he asks.

"Red's Grill," I answer quickly.

"She must be really pretty for you want to take her out there," he says. "I might have to meet this Veronica sometime."

Something made me want to punch him. I'm jealous. I don't want him to make the moves on a girl that I just asked out on a date, but that is completely irrational. She has every right to choose who she wants to. Besides, I barely know her. I just know that I'm attracted to her. It could turn out to be nothing. I sigh knowing that I'm a bit useless at the moment.

"Hey, Brian. I'm not going to make the moves on her if you really like her," he says because he knows me well enough to know my thoughts.

"I don't know. I'm attracted to her, but I don't know if it will turn to anything. It's too soon. I just want a chance with no one interfering until she really knows me, you know?" I look at him hoping he is understanding what I'm getting across.

"I know what you're saying, but I like Karla," he confesses.

"I knew it," I scream. I start to laugh. "I was wondering if you did. Then here you are saying it."

"Don't make me regret telling you. Anyways, I'm going head out. I hope things go well on your date," he says patting me on the shoulder. "Go get 'em, tiger."

That has been our saying for each other for the longest time. Whenever one of us has a date or something big coming up, that's what we tell each other. It seems to boost my confidence up enough that I forget about my nerves that I was having before. I check the time to see that I still have plenty of time before I have to pick her up. I don't want to be too early. I don't want to look eager.

I try to watch TV to pass the time, but I don't want to sit down. I have already filled my car up with gas earlier today. If I fall asleep, I will be late, and that would be bad. I pace the living room for what seems like years, but when I check the time again, I dash out of my house and into my truck.

I take my time on the way to her house. I could feel the nerves come back in full swing. Oh, my! What am I going to do? I need to be confident. I have never been this nervous before a date. I don't know what to think about that. Is that a sign that this is going to be good or bad? Am I wanting more out of this than I might get? Hell, I didn't know the answer to either of those questions..

"Go get 'em, tiger," I mutter to myself as I get out of my truck. I head to the door and knock on it waiting for an answer. I take a few calming breathes. I can only hope for the best.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short, but I want to get Veronica getting ready for the date to. I haven't decided if I'm going to put it in her point of view or his yet. Tell me who's point of view it should be in. Tell me what you think. <3