Status: updates are trying to be as regularly as possible. Expect the updates to be around Wednesday and Fridays. Comment ideas!!!!!

Six Feet Under the Stars

Sunshine, There Ain't A Thing That's Gonna Ruin My Night

I woke up earlier than expected. My hair was all in my face and greasy, I needed a shower. The sun slowly made its way into my room. I badly needed to get some darker blinds. This little town of Balto, a smaller version of Baltimore which was just outside of Baltimore, the sun always rose way too early for my likings. I rolled over to find my phone to check the time. Summer had just recently begun and my sleeping schedule was already fucked up. Went to bed at one and woke up at seven. Perfect.
I threw myself out of bed, knowing that I would never fall back asleep. I decided to have a shower then grab my guitar and go down to the park and maybe meet up with my friends or hopefully Tay. Ah Tay Jardine, my crush of 3 years. She was a couple years younger than me, but my heart didn’t care. They only downfall was that one of my best friends, Lisa, hated her. I don’t know why though. Tay was a cool girl and she’d never really done anything to Lisa before that I knew of.
I slowly sat up and walked over to the on suite bathroom that I had. I had a 5 minute shower and then stood there in the mirror, just kind of staring.
I was a pretty good looking guy. I had big chocolate brown eyes, my bear eyes, defined facial features, some stubble on my chin, I didn’t do sports but from playing guitar I had some nice arm muscles. I had a beginning of a six-pack, because Rian and Zack said that I should be more “define” for the ladies. I wasn’t a sporty guy, I preferred to sit at the park singing and playing guitar.
I blow dried my hair and quickly ran my straightener threw my hair, looked in the mirror eh looks good. Grabbed my guitar and its case and a notebook, and ran downstairs.
“Hey mom, I’m going to the park, I’ll call you later.” I ran over to my mom gave her a quick peck on the cheek, and ran out the door.
That park was about a 10 minute walk from my house. Jack lived across the street from me, Zach lived a couple blocks away, and Rian lived the furthest away. I sent each of them a quick text, telling them that I’d be at the park. Next I texted Lisa and told her that I was going to be out and that we could meet up later.
I whistled all the way to the park, coming up with different melodies for new songs.
Hey, where are you? – Jack
I told you, I’m at the park –Alex
Ohhh, jam session? –Jack
Meet me by the lake –Alex
I sat down on my favourite bench, and starting strumming the chords of my newest written song: Lullabies. I didn’t realize how into my playing I was until I almost jumped when someone tapped me on the shoulder.
“Hey Ja-,” but I stopped short noticing that it wasn’t Jack, but Tay.
“Hey, sorry to scare you, I heard someone playing and I had to come check it out. You’re really good.” Tay said, coming around to stand in front of me.
“Thanks, so what are you doing at the park?” I asked resting my arms on my guitar.
“Just taking a walk. Looking for signs for some lyrics,” I never noticed how Tay’s hair was so shiny. I want to run my hands through it and feel how soft it is… What am I thinking? Alex keep your head clear. Don’t mess this time up.
“I didn’t know you wrote songs.” I asked, curiosity getting the best of me.
“Here and there. I’ve never really been good at it, more of a hobby of mine. I sing so I wanted to test my skills.” Tay was really just telling me a bunch of stuff she’s never even hinted at before.
“That’s cool. I write songs and sing, do you maybe wanna jam for a bit until Jack get here?” I asked, hoping that she’d say yes.
“Yeah, that’d be cool. What songs do you know?”
“Umm… Beach boys, Green Day, Blink-182, the Kinks, a couple.” Tay’s eyes really light up when I said the Kinks.
“Do you know Lola by the Kinks?”
“Yeah, want to sing it?” I asked, eyebrows raising.
Tay looked ecstatic. “Yes please. Haha.” Fuck her laughs adorable.
I started to strum the opening chords, “ready?” Tay smiled and nodded. As Tay got more and more into the song, she started swaying back and forth on the bench. My hands guided smoothly up and down the neck of my guitar, fingers picking and finding the right notes. I started humming the melodies, and the lower notes. People started to gather, and passerby’s would stop and check out what was happening for a little while. After the song ended Tay started laughing when she saw the crowd. The way her face scrunched up when she laughed was so cute. I just wanted to put my hands around her face and pull her close and…
♠ ♠ ♠
I wrote this in about an hour because I got so into it! Hope you guys like it, sorry that it just kinda stops, I hope you guys really like the next chapter!