I'll Meet You There.

Chapter III

Returning to the mansion for the Baudelaire children---orphans, really---was something more sad and more grotesque than anything in the world. The orphans, were so distraught, that even today, though they are safe and together, the orphans still have nightmares of that last visit of the mansion.

Klaus broke down when he saw how awful the inside was. He couldn't believe his parents had died...his loving parents who were alive a mere hour ago. When he was inside the library, he cried. He cried for a long time. Mr. Poe, who was outside, did not hear his sobs filled of misery and woe.

I did. Unfortunately, I was at the Baudelaire house by accident that day. I was on my way to mourn the loss of my friend, B, I encountered the children. Although, they did not see me, I saw them. And I heard them...

...Rose comforted her brother as best as she could, as Violet held Sunny, who was also crying. They missed their parents terribly.

After a few minutes, the Baudelaire orphans stopped crying, and held each other close.

"We will all stick together. That's what our mother and father would have wanted." Violet announced.

There were no disagreements...

They lived with the Mr. Poe and his family for some time. It was awful, as all four children were cooped up in one room with Poe's two wicked children, Edgar and Albert. They also never saw Mr. Poe, because the man was very busy at the bank. Mrs. Poe had also bought the children hideous clothing; in color and material.

One day, as they ate a very curiously great dinner, which Mr. Poe had cooked himself, he told them he had found a relative to take care of them. He hadn't said much more, until they were washing the dishes with Edgar and Albert.

"You're going to live with your Count Olaf. He lives on the other side of town. He is your third cousin four times removed, or he is either your fourth cousin three times removed."

"Why have we never seen him if he lives in the city?" Rose inquired.

"He might have been busy, he's an actor by trade, and he travels often." Mr. Poe continued.

The rest of the evening was worrisome and sorrowful as ever for the Baudelaires. They were somewhat heartbroken to leave this home. It was a form of constant after their parents had died, and now they were off to some new guardian.

A guardian named Count Olaf...who is so nasty and evil, it even disgusts me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Waiting for the last letter B had ever sent to me...though it is sad, someone has slipped the next part into it.