Status: Updates posted ASAP

I Believe It's Time for Me to Move Forward

2: Something's Weird

"Alan?!" I called for him in the bunk area. Something in his bunk shuffled around a bit. I slowly walked towards it.

"Ger awray," said Alan from inside.

"No," I tutted back to him, "I am your best friend and I refuse to leave until you tell me what's wrong."

~Silence~

"Alan??"
.....
"Ginger Princess?"
No response.
Great, he hated me.
"Fine," I sighed. I would leave him alone for now, but I was worried about him.

---The Next Day---
I awoke to the familiar buzz of tires on the highway. I looked at my iPhone seeing it was only 6:00. I had trouble getting back to sleep though, so I decided to surprise everyone with pancakes.

I shuffled into the kitchen to find that Alan was already there.

"You couldn't sleep either?" I asked, making him jump. He shook his head sleepily.

"Oh, well I was gonna get started on some breakfast here while I was up, and---hey! You should make them with me!" I said suddenly.

"Okay," Alan replied.

We finished the pancakes in no time! I didn't try to get Alan to tell me what he'd murmured last night cause I didn't want him to bail on making pancakes. Besides, if he didn't want to repeat himself, it probably wasn't that important.

Something bothered me though, he was being...distant. Why? I thought, we were supposed to be able to tell each other anything and joke around and stuff but now he was sort of ignoring me.

"Oh, I'm SORRY! I guess when I'm dealing with shit on my own I'll just hide it better and act all happy next time!" Alan's glare went right through me.

I stood there in awe. Oh no, I didn't mean..did I say that ALL out loud??

"Is that what you want Austin?!"

I quickly shook my head.
"N-no, Alan I-I didn't mean to say--"

"Well you already did," he said softly, sinking to the floor.

He looked so hurt and I just wanted to kiss him and--I mean hug. Because why would I kiss my best friend (LOL)? Ah, sometimes I think I'm insane.

Instead of kissing him I knelt down beside him and hugged him and told him I was sorry and that I didn't mean anything I said.

He smiled with tears running down his cheeks. He opened his mouth to say something when we heard a door creak open, making us both jump a little.

"Pancakes?" Aaron asked whilst rubbing his eyes.

I laughed. "Yeah man! On the table."
I helped Alan up from the ground. He was just about to tell me what was wrong..
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh, Austin. Hope you enjoyed this one :) Subscribe, comment, and followwww!