Status: Updates posted ASAP

I Believe It's Time for Me to Move Forward

I'm Taking Advice (And Learning How to Make it)

Later that day, things were just well, awkward. Alan hadn't said a word to me, and I didn't want to make him upset or anything. After all, I wanted him to build up the courage to tell me anything since he obviously felt like he couldn't.

In the meantime, I thought it would help to talk to someone about this. So, I left the bus in search of my good friend Matty Mullins.
...
"I'm just really scared for him, he's a really good friend of mine and I feel powerless in this situation," I said, feeling good about telling someone.

Matty nodded understandingly. Then paused for a moment choosing his words carefully.

"I see," he began, "he's obviously going through something here and just isn't ready to tell you yet. I suggest you remind him that you'll always be there for him. Also that he should never be afraid to tell you anything. I'm sure he'll come around soon."

I smiled. It was just what I needed to hear. "Thanks man," I replied, "I needed to hear that."

"No problem!" Matty grinned. "And if you don't mind me asking, who is this friend of yours?"

For a split second my smile disappeared; I wanted to be completely honest with my friend, but at the same time, I know I wouldn't want someone telling others about my personal life...

"Oh, just um, an old friend who lives back in Cali, um his name's Al..Alberto!" I could see the disbelief in Matty's eyes, but he pretended to be cool with my response. Damn, I was terrible at lying. Even just white lies.

I said a quick goodbye to Matty before walking to my own bus with little confidence and some very good advice.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey! Sorry I haven't updated for a long time :( Updates should be a little slow (max: 1 week) but when schools out I'll definitely be more consistent with this! Comment, recommend, and subscribe! :)