Status: just starting out ;) feedback?

What Goes Around Comes Around

Chapter 14: Priorities

"I've never met a more stubborn man in my whole damn life." Fleury raged as he walked back into the conference room, all eyes on him. The anger was burning through his veins, his hands shaking.

Geno spoke up first. "How is he? He okay?" He asked Marc, everyone awaiting his answer.

Flower collapsed in his chair before answering. "Hell if I know. I told him if he wasn't here by Saturday that I would go and find him in Boston."

"Why the fuck is he even in Boston?" Fleury said out loud, not expecting an answer from anyone. Everyone stayed quiet, the silence deafening.

Then it all clicked. Fleury bolted up, taking the room by surprise.

"That night," He sputtered out, all eyes on him. "When he got his concussion, he took out some old picture from his wallet. He started talking to the picture and then screaming some name. It was a picture of a girl, a pretty blonde. We talked when he was in the hospital. He freaked out when he saw the picture in my hand. Like he tried to attack me." The guys looked uncomfortable, remembering seeing their stoic captain like that.

"Aurora." James Neal blurted out. "He was yelling 'Aurora'." Marc-André nodded, now remembering that name. Sleeping beauty, he thought.

Dan Bylsma looked at his team. "Do you think he went to find this girl? Do you think a girl could make Sidney act like this?" He questioned and no one thought so. Their captain never dated, claiming he didn't have "enough time".

As if on cue, Taylor Crosby walked into the conference room, out of breath and with snow in her hair. She smiled awkwardly, feeling completely out of place.

"Hey, Taylor." Marc-André stood up and gave her his seat. She smiled in appreciation, happy to see her second favorite Penguin.

"Hello, Miss. Crosby." Dan greeted, nodding politely. "Thank you for coming here today."

"Of course." She spoke softly, barely speaking at all. "So," She began, more audible now. "Why am I here?"

Dan cleared his throat. "Well, we're all worried about your brother..." She interrupted, speaking quickly. "He's fine, Dan. He really is."

"Do you know who Aurora is?" He asked bluntly, all eyes on the young girl. Her already pale face somehow managed to pale even more.

"Yes. And I'm not sure how much I should tell you. It's not my place to say anything." She paused, thinking. "She was his girlfriend, back in Nova Scotia, about 10 years ago. I have to go. Nice seeing you all!" She stood up and bolted out of the room.

Dan chuckled at the girls actions before his face blanked again. "Bizarre." He muttered as everyone nodded in agreement.

"Okay, so if he's not here by Saturday, Marc, you'll be journeying to Boston." Dan concluded and walked out of the room, his thoughts clouded in his mind.

-•-

Sidney:

"Was that Marc-André Fleury!?" Peyton gushed, looking more excited than I'd ever seen her. It was a beautiful sight: her bright eyes brightened even more, her stunning young features coming to life.

I nodded and smiled. "Yeah, yeah it was." She clapped her hands together and giggled. Aurora laughed from next to Peyton.

"She's just a little obsessed." Aurora teased her and Peyton smiled sheepishly, shrugging. "Peyton, it's 9:30. Go get some sleep, sweetheart." Peyton bounced up, kissing her mother on the cheek.

"Night, Sidney!" She called over her shoulder, running towards her room. "Good night, Peyton." I said, just loud enough so that she could hear me. She looked back and smiled softly.

And then it was just Aurora and I. I met her eyes and we sat for a few moments, just looking.

"She's really something." I chuckled, shaking my head slightly. Aurora nodded, a sweet smile on her face.

"She's the best of my life." She spoke truthfully, love shining through her eyes. I took a sip of my coffee, having no idea what to say.

"So, are you leaving?" Aurora blurted out, not wasting any time getting to the point. I knew she picked up on my conversation with Marc-André: she had always been great at reading people and that didn't change.

I sighed and ran a hand over my face. "I have a concussion, but I'm completely fine. It's very minor. My teammate, Marc, called and told me that they need to see me in Pittsburgh. I don't think I need to go all the way back there for them to tell me that I'm fine but apparently they're concerned for my well-being." She sat quietly, not saying anything.

"I don't want to go back but I have obligations I need to fulfill. I'll only be gone for an afternoon." I knew she didn't trust me, because she had no reason to trust me and a list of reasons to not trust me.

"They don't know she exists, do they?" She asked me, her stare never wavering. I shook my head and she looked away.

"I'm not embarrassed of her; hell, she's probably embarrassed of me. I'm planning on telling everyone. The media is going to have a field day with this."

"I'm going with you." Peyton's voice sounded into the room, both Aurora and my head snapping to the doorway. She walzted in, in pajamas and slippers.

"Peyton, eavesdropping isn't polite." Aurora scolded half heartedly. Peyton snorted and rolled her eyes, collapsing on the couch yet again.

"I'm going with you to Pittsburgh. It's Saturday and I don't have school so I'm going." She declared boldly. I looked at Aurora and she looked at me, an expectant look on her face.

I smiled. "I'm okay with it, as long as your mother approves." I told Peyton and she grinned, turning to her mom. I knew Aurora still thought I was ashamed of Peyton and that wasn't in any way true, so I was going to do anything to gain trust back.

Peyton put on the puppy dog eyes, staring at her mom until I could see Aurora giving in. Aurora nodded.

"Okay, okay. You can go!" Peyton jumped on Aurora, kissing cheeks and squeezing her tight.

The sight of them laughing was breath taking to me; It made me happier than winning a thousand Stanley Cups ever could.
♠ ♠ ♠
30 new subscribers since last update!

Welcome new subscribers!

Comments for updates!