Status: just starting out ;) feedback?

What Goes Around Comes Around

Chapter 2: Tied Down.

"He's been out for a while..." I heard rushed whispers all around me. "He keeps screaming some name in his sleep... Aurora? I think." A deep voice said, the only one not whispering. I couldn't bring myself to open my eyes. I just wanted to sleep.

"Why won't he wake up? Sid?" I felt someone shaking my arm, but I still didn't move. "Sidney Patrick Crosby, you will wake up right now. You're freaking me out, big brother. Please." It dawned on me. Taylor was here. Why was Taylor here? Where was 'here'?

I slowly opened my eyes and blinked until I could see. Taylor was staring down at me, concern in her eyes. I smile halfheartedly, not liking the look on her face. I dragged my eyes away from her and noticed I was in a hospital bed. I absolutely despise the hospital.

"Oh Sid! You're okay! How is your head? Does it hurt? Are you in pain?" Questions spewed from her and I had trouble comprehending what she was saying.

"Tay, slow down. I'm fine." I lied for her benefit. My head felt like someone bashed me in the head with a hammer a dozen times. It was a familiar pain.

"Baby!" My moms face appeared next to my sisters and quickly followed by my dad. I grimaced a little when I saw him. My eyes went back to my mom and she leaned down, hugging me. I tried to lift my arms to return the gesture but couldn't get my arms to move. My mom pulled back and I saw my arms were both retrained to the bed. My eyes widened and I pulled violently again at the restraints, trying to break them off.

"Sid... Chill." Taylor hand was on my wrist and I stopped, looking up at her for explanation. She opened her mouth like she was going to speak but quickly closed it.

"Why do I have fucking suicide restraints on my wrists?" I spoke loudly, my anger bubbling up. Without another word, my parents walked out of the room, Taylor staying behind. She took a deep breath.

"They're on there so you don't hurt yourself. You were thrashing around in your sleep and you pulled the IV out of your arm. Which was disgusting." I pulled down at the bend of my elbow to find gauze over it. "You know very well that you're not supposed to sleep until 4 hours after the injury, but you passed out in the locker room. This ringing a bell?" I nodded. I remembered being in the locker room. "Well, they couldn't wake you up. The doctor thought you were going into a coma but you were screaming and thrashing around, kinda like you were having a nightmare." She took a seat next to me and I scooted up as far as I could.

"You scared the shit out of everybody, Sid." She glared at me, like I chose to smash my head and act like a lunatic after.

"All the guys are out in the waiting room, by the way." I nodded again, not up to talking just yet. I had gotten concussions before; a shit load of them. I never passed out. I never screamed.

Taylor's eyes darted toward the door and back to mine. She opened her mouth again but quickly closed it. She gave me a sad look.

"What is it?" I questioned as she fiddled with the pandora bracelet I bought her for her birthday.

"Sidney... When you were unconscious... you were..." She hesitated before stopping completely. I waited for her to continue. She just stared at me.

"Just spit it out, Tay." I bit out, rather harshly. I guess my temper had decided to take a vacation. She narrowed her eyes.

"Alright, asshole. You were screaming your ex girlfriends name. Aurora. Pretty blonde girl, you remember her, don't you?" I looked away, completely embarrassed. She was the last girlfriend I had, about 9 years ago. I had a feeling Taylor knew how I felt, all this time.

"You still miss her, don't you?" She questioned, her gaze never wavering. I just closed my eyes; she already knew the answer.

"Crosby! You're alive my man!" I looked toward where the voice was coming from. Kris, Marc, Tyler, and Geno stood in the doorway, big grins on all of their faces except Marc. I looked at my best friend and he frowned at me. I shot him a confused look before mustering up a smile for the rest of them.

"Hey guys, how ya doin?" They all walked into the room, gathering around the bed. TK immediately went for the food they had left for me on the bedside table. I smiled a little. Something's never changed.

"Well, I should probably go find mom and dad. I'll see you later, okay?" She leaned down and kissed my cheek. "If you want her, find her. Don't be a pussy, Sid. You're obviously miserable without her." She lingered and spoke under her breath so only I could understand her. I nodded at her, letting her know I heard what she said. She straightened back up, sent an awkward smile to the guys and walked out of the room as I sat back, wondering when my baby sister got more mature than I.

"You know, if she wasn't under aged, she'd be pretty hot." TK said between bites of jello. Marc whacked him in the back of the head, seeing as I couldn't reach him. I glared at him.

"You don't go after anyone's little sister, Tyler." Marc informed him but Tyler just smirked.

"Sister is pretty but too nice for us." Geno said and I chuckled softly. He always said that we only date complete bitches. Which is true for them. I don't date.

"You only have a minor concussion, bro. Isn't the crazy?" Kris spoke, looking through some papers on the bed side table.

"Really? Don't they have to observe me before they determine that?" Kris just shrugged, and continued to flip through the papers.

"You were pretty damn fucked up. They think you have some kind of stress disorder or some shit." He looked at me and furrowed his brows. I rolled my eyes. I was fine.

"Knock, knock." My mom walked in, holding up a set of keys.

"Hi, Trina." The guys chimed and she smiled fondly at them. Geno moved out of the way and she stood next to my bed.

"Hey, ma." I greeted her as she put a keys in the wrist restraint. I sighed when the thing unlocked and rubbed my red wrist. She unlocked the other one and leaned down, kissing my forehead. I owed so much to my mother. My father didn't want anything to do with me, unless it had to do with hockey so she raised me emotionally. She was a great woman and deserved so much more than my father gave her.

"I'm going back to the hotel with your father and sister. We'll be back tomorrow, they're keeping you overnight, by the way. Just to make sure you're okay. We're staying in Pittsburgh until Sunday. I love you, sweetie." She hugged me and hugged the boys before leaving the room.

"Love you too, mom." I called after her, but she was already gone.

"Can I talk to Sid alone guys?" Marc cautiously asked and they all muttered some kind of affirmative, and filed out the room. "Get better soon, Sidney. We have playoffs to win, asshole." I laughed slightly at Kris' parting words. Marc sat in the chair next to the bed. He just looked at me and I could practically see the wheels turning in that brain of his. I knew this was one of his serious talks and I'm not going to deny that fact that he was making me a little uneasy.

"Alright, Marc, spit it out. Did you kill my dog or something?" I laughed, an uncomfortable little sound. He rolled his eyes.

"You don't even have a dog, smart ass." He shook his head at me and I just shrugged. He let out a shuddering breath before reaching into his pocket, pulling something out. I squinted until I figured out what it was. My eyes immediately widened and arm automatically snaked out, trying to grab the picture.

"Don't fuck with me, Fleury. Give me the damn picture." I growled and he just held it away from me, giving me a sympathetic look.

"You know I think of you like a brother, Sid. When you walked in the locker room, I was so relieved. I thought you would be okay. You sat down on the bench and pulled out an old picture, from when you were 17--" I interrupted him.

"16." I whispered, staring a hole into the only physical reminder I had of her, hoping I'd be magically blessed with telekineis for 5 minutes.

"Okay, 16, but you pulled out a worn picture of you and girl from 10 years ago and you start talking to it. That's when I really started to worry; but when you started crying? I've never seen you cry, man. It was like a fucking alternate universe. You can't just not explain. I'll give you the picture back once you tell me what's up." He concluded his speech and I met his eyes, pretty pissed off. He had no fucking right to badger me. It was none of his business.

"An ex. Now give it back." I reached out for it again and he sighed and handed the picture back, not really trying to get it out of me.

"For as badass and unaffected as you try to come off, you're just one sentence to being brought to the edge of tears, mon ami." His eyes softened as he stood up, stuffing his hands awkwardly into his jeans.

"I have no idea what you're talking about, flower. I think you're the crazy one; not me." I huffed out like a child and looked over at the clock. 1 am. I could sleep now.

"If you'll excuse me." I rolled over and lied down, looking out the window.

"Don't shut yourself out, kid. One day you'll wake up from whatever daze you're in and have no one. I'm not saying find this mystery girl, I'm just saying you should be happy. Find someone who evens you out." He suggested half heartedly. I moaned, not wanting to hear him speak anymore. I didn't fucking need his words of wisdom. What does he know about this? He has the perfect wife. He is completely happy, his life absolutely perfect. What would he know about being unhappy?

"I don't need anyone." I said, not bothering to look at him. I heard him sigh one last time.

"Keep telling yourself that, Crosby. Instead of feeling sorry for yourself do something about it." I felt him pat my shoulder and heard his retreating foot steps.

I shut off the lamp and had only the moonlight on me. I slowly slid the picture out and stared at her pretty face for only God knows how long. I wonder what she looked like now. Chances are, she got twice as gorgeous with age.

Like a complete chick, I kissed the picture before putting it under my pillow. If she did have the baby, he or she would be about 9 years old. My child. My flesh and blood that I selfishly abandoned like a fucking coward.

That's all that I was--a selfish coward. I can't believe it took me this long to realize it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to the 2 commenters and 2 recs. 41 subscribers already!? You guys rock.

Please leave your thoughts! Don't be silent.

Rec/sub/comment :)