Status: just starting out ;) feedback?

What Goes Around Comes Around

Chaper 6: Somebody Better

"Can I help you?" The man spoke to me, not unkindly, just confused. My eyes weren't on him though. I was looking into the dark apartment where I could see a blonde head and a brunette one, sitting on the couch. I felt my throat constrict and couldn't get out any words.

"Are you okay?" He asked again, starting to look annoyed. I met his eyes and he turned his head to the side, looking at me. I realized what I must have looked like to him: some freak who was just staring into his house, looking at his... his girlfriend and her daughter. Did she call him 'dad'? Fuck, I'm not entirely sure I could take that. I should be happy though, I should be happy that she had a father figure in her life, I really should...

"I'm gonna shut the door now..." He warned me as he slowly began to shut the door, me still standing there like an idiot. I stuck my foot out, between the door and the door frame so it couldn't shut.

"Listen, pal, I'll break your foot if you don't move it and get lost right now." He threatened and I saw it in his eyes. He was serious.

"Aurora!" I shouted out, causing the man to raise his eyebrows. I heard the TV being paused and the soft pitter patter of footsteps coming to the door. This was it, I braced myself, still not being able to see inside the apartment.

The door was gingerly opened again and there stood Aurora, managing to look absolutely stunning in a tank top and sweatpants. But that wasn't what I was focusing on. Her eyes. I hated the look in those big blues.

We just stared at each other. A raw pain was present on her beautiful face and I noticed her hands shaking. I'm sure mine were too but I couldn't feel anything. I was numb and I yearned to touch her, just like I always did 10 years ago. There were three problems with that urge: I lost that right a while ago, she'd probably beat the shit out of me, and her boyfriend was 4 feet away from me.

Her eyes darted to the man's, who looked pissed off and entirely confused. Her eyes were back on mine, a defeated expression on her face. She clamped her eyes shut and turned around, walking back to the couch and collapsing down. I was still standing in the hallway, my jaw dropped.

"Can I let him in?" He asked her, his voice tense, regarding me cautiously. Her slumped form made a noise, I couldn't tell if it was one of affirmation or what. He shrugged a little, motioning me to come in. I guess he decided I wasn't a serial killer.

I followed him in, feeling completely uneasy in the small apartment. He led me into the living room where she was on the couch, now sitting up, just watching me. I sat on the opposite couch, still looking at Aurora. I looked to the spot next to her and saw a pair of the same blue eyes looking at me, curiously, my breathing hitched and I couldn't drag my eyes away from the beautiful little girl. She was curled up into her mothers side, her long curly hair tangled and free. It was so surreal. Seeing the person I created... For the first time, even though she was 9.

"Why are you here?" Aurora spoke, the pain evident in her voice. I blinked at her, still not being able to form a complete sentence. All I could now thing about was the kid next to her, who hadn't stopped looking at me since I walked in the house.

"I..." I couldn't even speak. I knew why I was here. To see my daughter and to see Aurora, but I had no idea what Aurora had told the little girl about me. I didn't know if she thought the man sitting on the opposite edge of the couch was her father.

"Alright, who is this guy, Aurora? I'm so confused as to what's going on." The guy spoke and all of our eyes went to him as he glared at me. I looked back to Aurora, wondering what she was going to say. Aurora focused her eyes on the girl,

"Peyton, baby, can you go to your room, please?" She spoke in a soft voice. Peyton. She looked like a Peyton.

"Nope." She spoke clearly, getting the point that she wasn't going anywhere across. She then dramatically sighed, reminding me a great deal of Taylor. "I have a feeling this is going to involve me anyway." It was Aurora's turned to sigh, pinching the bridge of her nose.

Aurora took a noticeably deep breath before giving me a nasty look. "This... This is my ex boyfriend. We, um, dated in high school--" Peyton interrupted her.

"He's my father." Peyton stated, studying me. I heard the man mutter a string of curses. "My father's Sidney Crosby." I was completely taken back by the fact that she knew who I was. I could already tell that she was a very smart and witty girl.

"Personally," She began as she stood up, looking at her mother, who looked as shocked as I'm sure I did. "I think you could have done better, mom." On that note, Peyton took off down the hall, without another word.
♠ ♠ ♠
So so sorry this took so long. I liked writing this :) but anywho, tell me what you thought.

comment for updates!

Rec/sub

Love y'all <3