Status: just starting out ;) feedback?

What Goes Around Comes Around

Chapter 8: Show Him No Love

New Text Message:
From: Marc-Andre
The baby was born. We ended up naming her Estelle. She's a doll. By the way, where the fuck are you?

I laughed as I read the text Marc sent me. I wish I could have been there to see the little munchkin, but I knew Marc would forgive me for not being there. Peyton forgiving me? Now that was going to be a long, long road but I wasn't backing down.

Instead of replying, I dialed his number and strolled out to the deck in my hotel room. It rang and rang. I was about to hang up when I heard his cheery voice.

"Sid! My man!" He greeted joyously and I smiled, happy that he was happy. He deserved every ounce of happiness he has. He's a good man, there for Vero and I know he is going to love his little girl very much. Opposite of me, in this case.

"Hey, bud. Congrats on the baby; she's beautiful." I spoke truthfully, staring at the view I had of downtown Boston. It really is a gorgeous city. Well, this part is.

I heard practically hear his grin. "Thanks. She's perfect, I can't wait for her to meet her Uncle Sidney." He told me and I chuckled, knowing that I had someone who was like a brother to me, a female Taylor. I have to call her soon or she'll hunt me down.

"You know what?" He didn't wait for me to guess. "You should find a nice girl and settle down, have some little Crosby babies. There's nothing like being a dad, man. I feel like a just won a billion Stanley Cups." I knew he wasn't doing it intentionally, but I felt like he was slowly dragging a jagged knife across my chest. But he didn't know and I didn't want him too.

"Sid? You there?" He questioned, and I nodded, forgetting that he couldn't see me.

"Yeah... Yeah I'm here." I coughed out, and walked back into my apartment-like suite. I shut the door, slamming it a little, trying to get my frustration out. Hearing him say that and knowing I gave them up to win Stanley Cups... Well play hockey but... My thoughts were scattered and I'm pretty sure Marc was talking but I couldn't focus on his words. It sounded like he was speaking a different language.

"I-I gotta go. Tell everyone I said hi." I didn't wait for him to reply, pressing the end button as fast as I could. I expected him to call right back, knowing he would know something was wrong, but I stared at the screen and nothing changed. I sighed and looked at the clock. I winced when I saw the time. 2:15.

Before Aurora threw me out of her apartment, she told me if I wanted to see Peyton I could pick her up at school, so she didn't have to take the bus home. I assumed that Aurora would be working and eagerly agreed. If she asked me to jump off a cliff, I'm pretty sure I would.

I hastily put on some fresh clothes, deodorant and brushed my teeth. I looked up in the mirror and stared at the dark circles that seemed to constantly be under my eyes lately. I don't think I got a wink of sleep last night; their words running through my mind all night.

I jogged through the lobby and outside, finding the rental car and getting in it. I turned the key in the ignition and started up the engine, jerking the steering wheel as I pulled out of the parking lot. I followed the directions I got online last night as I made my way through the busy streets, driving faster than I should have. I knew I'd never live it down if I was late.

I pulled into the parking lot of the big brick building and got out of the car, speed walking to the front of the school. The school looked nice; really nice. It looked like a prep school. I couldn't help but wonder how Aurora managed to pay for it. Maybe her boyfriend did? The thought of another man taking care of my child made me even more ashamed.

I stood outside, sunglasses on, even though I was nearly positive no one would recognize me. I looked around: there were middle-aged women around me, all looking like soccer moms, waiting for their children to get out. I was probably 20 years younger than most of them.

They all looked at me in curiousity, probably used to having the same people with them day after day. I checked the time on my phone; 2:30. Perfect timing.

A flood of children spilled out, some older and some younger. I searched the crowd until I found the tumble of dark curls and bright eyes. I smiled a little, raising my hand in an awkward wave. She made a face and turned to the 4 boys she was talking to, smiled and said something. They smiled in return and I frowned. I already hated boys around her. I didn't even know her middle name for Christs sake.

"Hey." She said as she stood in front of me, her uniform on and a book bag on her back. I smiled warmly but she didn't smile back.

"How was your day?" I asked as we walked back to my car. She didn't answer and hopped in the passenger seat. I sat in the drivers seat and took off my glasses, looking her in the eye as he kept her beautiful face blank.

"Does your mother let you sit in the front seat?" I questioned as I put the keys in the ignition. I heard her huff out a breath and I looked at her again to find her eyes narrowed, giving me a pisses off look.

"I wouldn't know. We can't afford a car." She snapped, turning and looking out the window as I pulled out of the lot. I let it go. I didn't really have any power over her.

"So. Where are we off to?" I spoke awkwardly, driving extremely slow and carefully. I glanced over at her and she was still looking out the window.

"We have to go back to my apartment and grab my stuff." She informed me as I pulled over, quickly putting in the address of the apartment in my phone GPS.

"What stuff do you need to grab?" I questioned and pulled out into traffic again. I looked over at her, still amazed as we stopped at a red light. She looked right back at me and rolled those big blue eyes.

"My hockey practice. Duh."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to you amazing commenters! Join them people! Tell me what you think :)

And the Les Mis stuff wasn't even conscious but I'm glad you guys liked it. I watched the new movie like 4 times this week and that stuff gets in your head after a while, lol.

leave feedback for more, lovelies!