Status: Almost finished; new chapters soon

51 Days.

Chapter nine

He embraced me into his arms again. "You're wanted by so many people. Some in other ways than others, but you are." He whispered into my ear. I smiled, "Thanks Alex, I'm working on it. I am, but it's not a overnight thing." "I know but hey, let's finish taking pictures and let's go change. I can't wait for tonight." "Why so you can see me embarrass myself. I can't dance!" He pulled away and just smirked before looking back at the fans. "Can I get a group picture with you guys for phone background?" I asked pulling my phone out of my pocket. They all smiled wide. "I'll take the picture." Alex offered. "No I want you in it; Hey you!" I said picking out a random person. "Can you take a picture of us?" They nodded and we all grouped together. Alex stood next to me and the fans centered around us. "Got it." The person said and I rushed to see if it came out okay. "Perfect, thank you!" He nodded and walked away. "Thank you guys!" I waved as they scrambled away. Alex and I started towards the bus, "There is going to be so many videos of us on the internet now." "That's fine, as long as it draws attention from me and Jack." "Come on Alex, you guys totally set yourself up for that. You did an interview on his lap once." "You've seen every interview we've done haven't you?" "No." I laughed. "Quite a few though." "So you're still up for the dance right?" "Yea Alex" I groaned. "You're fans are willing to defend you for anything aren't they?" I added. He shrugged, "Yea." finally we arrived at the bus and jumped on. "I'm going to get ready." "Alright, look pretty." He winked. "Don't I always?" I laughed and continued to the back. I changed into another cute dress and touched up my hair. It seems I'm already falling into a routine. "Hey hurry up, we're going to leave the party early because your set is moved to eleven thirty tomorrow." "Okay." I responded and quickly fixed everything. I may have dressed a little better knowing Alex was actually going to hang out with me at the party. When I came out Alex stood in the hallways. He whistled, "I knew you wouldn't let me down." I felt my cheeks get warm so I turned away. "Is Adrienne blushing?" "Shut up Gaskarth." "Never Smith. Oh, and the rest of the guys will catch up later, okay?" "Yeah, that's fine. Don't want them to see us dancing. I know how it is in front of the guys." "That's totally not it and you know it." "I know, come on." I said pushing past him, grabbing his hand, and pulled him off the bus. "So, truth or dare is still on tonight right?" "I still can't believe you want to play that childish game." I groaned. "Hey, I only want to play it to get to know you." "You can ask me anything right now you know." "Yea, but it wouldn't be fun." "Fine, yea it's still on." He pulled his phone out of his pocket and started playing on it. "Wow, you're ignoring me now." "No, just on Twitter." "And being on Twitter isn't ignoring me?" "No, not when I'm tweeting about you."He smirked still looking at the screen. "What does it say?" "Check your phone." "I left it on the bus." "Then I guess you'll have to wait." "No fair." I whined. "You're the one who left it." We pulled out our passes and showed the guards who let us in. Loads of people were already drunk. "Let's dance." He said pulling me in the crowd. "Alex I can't dance!" I reminded, screaming over the crowd so he could hear me. "Me neither, just move to the music!" He advised and I did just that. I swayed lightly when the song began, then as the song went on, I was so much more into it. "I'm going to get something to drink."I decided a few songs later. He nodded and I made my way through the crowd."Adrienne?" I turned around to see Austin. "Hey!" I said enthused to see him. I swung my arms around him and pulled him into a hug. "I'm sorry I'm sweating; I've been dancing. I didn't think it was going to be but it's actually been pretty fun." "I can tell, you're practically out of breath." "Yeah." I smiled pouring the drink. "Do you think I could sneak in a dance?" He asked with an unsure smile. "Sure, but I'm bad at dancing, no laughing!" "Alright deal." "Let me go tell Alex, I'll meet you back here." "Okay, cool." I turned away quickly sipping my drink. God it was going to be a bitch to find Alex again. Somehow I managed his hair with a bandana wrapped underneath I noticed he was dancing... alone? I looked a little closer to see a bouncy blonde. I shrugged turning away, I guess I didn't need to tell him. I made my way back to Austin. "He found a new dancing partner anyways." I said coming up behind him. He turned around. "Let's go on then." He smiled generously. I followed him through the crowd to the only space that we could dance without hitting anyone. Just in time, a new song started. It had a nice upbeat, I've never heard it before so again, I just moved to the music. "You're not that bad." He commented. "If I'm making you look bad I'm sorry." I laughed. "No, no you're seriously not that bad." "Okay whatever." I said playfully rolling my eyes. "So uh, why did you leave last night? If you don't mind me asking of course." "Uh, just a small bit of anxiety, it was the first day of tour." "Oh, anxiety. It's the worst." "You have it?" "Yea." "We already have something in common." I smiled. "I have a feeling we have more. We'd have to hang out sometime to know." He mentioned. "Yea, yeah- totally." "What time is it?" I asked hoping we weren't late for bus call. "Eleven fifteen." "I think I, uh, after this song I'm going to find Alex. Bus call." "Yeah, okay." He laughed. We continued dancing; accidentally danced through two more songs. "Alright, that one has to be the last one." I laughed as it came to an end. "Alright, I'll give you up now." He said wrapping his arms around me. I squeezed him tight before pulling away. "I'll see you later." I waved. I pushed past the crowd returning about to where we he was before. I stood on my toes to over look the heads. Finally I spotted him, yet still dancing with the same girl. Should I interrupt? He looks to be having fun. No, I shouldn't. I started back towards the bus. I don't want to walk back alone. I frowned and looked back towards him. Should I? I rubbed the back of my head and decided to go ahead. I hope he doesn't mind. I nervously tapped on his shoulder, "We're suppose to meet the guys back there in like thirty minutes." I guessed. "Oh yea, I'll see you later." He waved to the girl. "You wanted to leave so early?" "Yea, since I'm so curious about that tweet. Uhm, sorry about ruining your dance." "Nah, she wanted to dance with me the moment you left. I didn't have the heart to turn her down. She stood there waiting since we started dancing." He admitted. "Oh." we stood up gathering a final drink before we left. Our slightly drunken slurs cracked each other up as we walked to the bus. "Tonight's been fun." I said as we approached it. He stopped and I stopped too. I turned to look at him and he came close. "It was." He smirked. His breath warmed my lips. I drew back, "Let's go before we do something stupid." A smile played on his lips, "Come on, a small one." I laughed while biting the corner of my lip. "Come onnn." He drew out. I rolled my eyes and turned around. "Maybe next time."