Status: Almost finished; new chapters soon

51 Days.

Chapter seventeen

"I'll see you later." I mentioned as we arrived at sound check. "Awe!" Blake laughed as I approached them. "Shut up." "He walked you all the way over here. How sweet." He mocked. "Derrek make him stop." "But he's right!" Derrek said copying Blake's voice. "Oh not you too. I thought you were my best friend." Derrek picked me slightly off the ground, "Of course I am, that's why I'm happy for you." "Thanks but we're not talking. Just friends." "Don't lie to me." "I wouldn't get in a relationship on tour anyways, nothing is serious remember?" He put me down, "Yeah yeah." "Show time!" Our manger announced. Blake and Jake ran on stage first, then Derrek and I. After our show we all separated to showers. When I finished mine, Derrek was no where to be found. "Hey where's Derrek?" I directed towards Blake. "I think he went outside." "Why?" "I don't know he kind of looked upset." Why would he just suddenly become upset? "I'll go talk to him, tell the guys I'll be back later. We'll probably go on a walk and miss or be late to the party tonight." I've known Derrek long enough to know what usually happens. Blake nodded and I walked off the bus. I heard Derrek yelling around the corner. "That's not why! Why can't you give me a straight answer? Why can't you support me?" What's going on? I kept myself hidden and eves dropped. "Are you seriously not going to work on it? Come on we've gotten along almost three years! Please don't leave me... Fuck!" He suddenly screamed loudly. I turned around the corner, his eyes were pink and puffy. "Derrek?" I quickly embraced him in my arms. "It's over. Me and Ashley." He managed out. "What?" He sniffled obviously trying not to cry in the open. "She, uh, said she couldn't take me touring all the time." "She's always been supportive! Why is this all of a sudden?" He shrugged and I could see it was getting harder for him to hold back the tears. "Hey, hey come here. Let's go over there. There's a trail that leads into a secluded place." The only reason I know is because I noticed it when I was with Alex earlier. It looked like no one has been down it in awhile so I figured no one would be around it. "Yea." He nodded and I led him through the trail unknowing where exactly it was taking us. Luckily it led up to a broken down panic area. I sat down on the bench and he laid down placing his head in my lap. "Do you think..?" He started. "That she was cheating?" He continued. "No, no, I was best friends with Ashley at one time. She would never cheat.. would she?" "She has acted the same all until this tour. She called me less, and when we did talk we started fighting." "It does kind of sound like it." I saw him squeeze his eyes and salty liquid ran down his face. I started running my fingers through his hair, he loves that. "Shhh, it's okay. It will be okay." I soothed. "We were going to get married right after the tour." "What?" "We wanted to suprise you guys, we were going to get married a week after I got home. I was going to make you my best man, well woman." More tears spilled, making me want to cry. "You'll be back together in a week." "No, no she hung up on me. Told me I should forget about her." "How the fuck can she say that after two and a half years?" "She acted like it was only a week." "She said she'll have her stuff out before I get home." "I'm so sorry." I said kissing his forehead. "Do I act different? What did I do to make her leave?" "Nothing. nothing, you haven't." "So she has cheated." "You don't know that, but don't even worry about her. She lost a damn good guy and she's going to regret it." "A damn good guy?" He smiled. "There's a smile." "You're the reason." "So, I told the guys we would probably miss most of the party if not all." I informed. "Yea, I don't feel like doing anything but sleeping. Maybe this is all a dream." "I'm really sorry Derrek." "I'll be okay one day." "She had no right." I said shaking my head in disbelief. "She had her right." "Let's just try and forget about, let's go to the bus." He nodded raising off my lap. When we arrived at the bus everyone was getting ready for tonight. "Hey, what happened?" Alex asked coming up to me watching Derrek keep his head low and disappear to his bunk. "Uh, I'll explain later. Right now isn't good." I said referring to the full bus. I'm sure Derrek didn't want everyone to know right away. "Is everything okay?" "Uh, for right now. So I guess I'll see you after the party." "What you're not going?" "No, I'm going to hang back. Derrek is upset so he's going to sleep. I'm going to stay here in case he needs me." "Seems lonely. Do you want me to stay with you?" I slightly nodded, I did. I wanted someone to talk to, someone to help me with Derrek, to give him the best advice. "Please?" I lightly pouted. "Of course." He's face fell soft. I walked over to Blake who I spotted in the back. , "Hey, some shit went down with Derrek and Ashley. You and Jake need to do something with him tomorrow." "Andy I missed you!" I could hear Alex shout as he followed me over. "Andy?" "Nickname, gotta have one." "Alrighty, Lex." He smiled letting me know he liked it. "Bye." I waved noticing everyone was walking off the bus. Alex turned around, "See you guys later." He sat down on the crouch and motioned me to come over. Playfully I sat on his lap instead of beside him. "You're ass is bony get more meat back there." "No, my ass is perfectly fine." "I didn't say it wasn't fine, just more meat would make my legs feel better." "Fine." I said sliding off. Quickly his arms slung around my waist pulling me back. "Not letting you get away that easy." "But you were the one complaining." "Shh." He smirked leaning in. "Derrek's here." I whispered before our lips touched."He's asleep isn't he?" "I don't know." "We'd hear him." He said leaning in the rest of the way. Teasingly I pulled away slightly. "Hey, hey. We never agreed to teasing." "Hey, hey we didn't make rules." I defended. I caught his glaze and his eyes drew me back in. Our lips touched while hands roamed. Quickly his lips moved from my lips to my neck. "Derrek." I reminded him. "We could go outside." "That would be so uncomfortable." I complained. He continued you kiss on my neck and I caved, "Yea, yea let's go." He pressed his lips to mine and wrapped his arms around my legs picking me up. Our lips broke contact for a single second as he watched himself going down the steps. "Through there, old benches." I quickly breathed. "Wo, wo did you grab a condom?" I asked raising an eyebrow with a small smirk. "Of course." He smirked. Suddenly I was laid down across a wooden surface.