Status: Almost finished; new chapters soon

51 Days.

Chapter twenty four

"....A player has to quit if he takes course of taking advantage of a foe who has befallen. Showing fits of temper or being angry with opponents is not the part of the laser tag game. The main purpose is to have fun. This game is a team game and each individual player must take the competitive laser tag game very sportingly, leaving aside individual success or failures." The last rules were being explained as the door into the vest room opened. "I call the blue team!" I shouted. "Lex, don't get that team!" I repeated. "Please step in the one of five doors. If there are no more doors, join a fellow team member." The intercom rang again. "Let's go!" I said clicking my vest sides together. I walked up to the closed door and waited patiently. Suddenly Jack appeared behind me with a glowing blue vest." "Yay we're a team!" I said giving him a high five. "It's only three to a team right?" "Yeah, I wonder who else is on our team." "We're about to find out." The door opened and Jack and I cautiously walked out. "Turning lasers on in 10, 9, 8, 7, 6 , 5, 4, 3, 2, 1" Our guns lit up. "Come on, this way. We need to find our other team member." Jack started. I followed him. He dropped to the floor and started to roll. I followed his motion. "What the fuck are you guys doing?" Todd asked turning towards us. "Oh! your on our team, come here." I said quietly. He got on the ground next to us. "Okay, Adrienne, Alex is totally going to come straight for you. So watch out." I nodded. "I see someone!" I said noticing someone behind Jack. I lifted my gun and shot getting the points. "Yes!" Jack gave me a high five and we started crawling against the wall. "Why are we crawling?" Todd asked. "Shh!" I said dramatically. I stood up slowly and saw a small light. I shot, and we got more points. "We're so going to win." "Okay, since you've got a good eye Adrienne, you get in the back. I'll get up front. Jack in the middle." "Alright." We said rearranging.
18 kills and only 2 deaths later we were in the lead.. well tied. The small TV in the corner read Alex's team and our team was tied and we had five minutes left. "Come on guys we've got this." Jack said giving encouragement. Suddenly I felt arms around me. "Jack!" I screamed as I was held tightly in someone's arms. "We're one kill from winning." Alex started. "Alex let goooooo!" His grip tightened as I started to squirm. "Alex, let her go." Jack stood up. "Nah, man. give me your guns and I'll let her go and shoot another team. "Don't do it Jack!" "Shush." "Alex, don't make me shoot you." "I'll shoot her first." "Alex let me gooo!" "I'll shoot you shush." Alex threatened with a small laugh. "Jack help!" "Here, I'll give you our guns." "Where's your other teammate?" "Right here!" Todd said appearing out of nowhere and shooting Alex. Alex dramatically dropped to the floor and let go of me. "Game over." The announcer stated turning the lights back on. "Yes we win!" I said jumping up. I gave Todd and Jack high fives. I walked over to Alex and helped him up, both of us laughing. "You are such an ass." I commented. "Awe come on, all's fair in love and war." "That wasn't fair. You grabbed me." I crossed my arms. "I'll buy you a frappe to make it up to you." "Frappe isn't going to work all the time." "What about a kiss?" His voice turned flirty. "I get kisses from my cat." "Then what?" "Dinner, you can buy me dinner." I said walking past him. Oh my god did I just pull that off? What did I just do? "Burrito!" I could hear Jack yell when I came out into the parking lot. "No Jack, we've had Burritos so much!" Jake argued. "I'm stealing you away for a lunch date." I heard a voice behind me. I turned around, "thank god because i'm pretty sure Jack is going to whine until he gets burritos and I don't particularly like them." "Where do you want to go then?" Derrek asked. "Wherever, we'd have to pick relatively close to wherever the bus is." "I know, but I'm sure we'll find something." "Let's go!" Todd yelled. Derrek and I walked on and separated off. I walked to my bunk and crawled inside. I grabbed my phone and started scrolling through Twitter mentions. Of course there was one from Jack, " @Adriennedoll and @Toddisgod just beat everyone in a game of Lazer tag. Go team go!" I retweeted it then returned to my mentions screen. There was one from Alex, "I tried to cheat during Laser tag yet @adriennedoll @jackalltimelow and @toddisgod outsmarted me. Great game!" I quoted his tweet and added, "He held me hostage!" I set my phone down and sat back in my bunk. "Deerreekk!" I called. Soon he stood outside my bunk. "Where are they going?" "Taco Bell, of course." "Told you Jack would win." I laughed. "It's in this like plaza thing so there'll be a different place for us to eat." "Yay, I miss my Derrek!" I playfully kissed his nose. Quickly swept me into his arms sending me into a giggling spree. He carried me into the lounge where everyone was sitting. "What's this going on?" Rian asked. "Derrekisbeinganass" I managed through laughed. His hand was rubbing against my ribs sending slight ticklish feelings through my body. "Canyouputmedownnow?" "Yeah, yeah." Derrek laughed a little himself as he set me down. "We're here." The driver called. We all quickly scrambled off the bus, starving. Derrek and I wondered our own way into a small restaurant on the other end of the extended building. We walked in and seated ourselves. It only took a few minutes before we were laughing and joking how we used to. I missed hanging out with Derrek. When it was time to go back to the bus I had decided to go to sleep early. I walked on, waved to everyone, and went straight to my bunk drifting off to sleep.