Status: Almost finished; new chapters soon

51 Days.

Chapter thirty one

"What's up with you and Alex?" Jack opened my bunk curtains. I lifted my shoulders and let them drop. "Will you guys just go on a date already?" "Right now's not the time, Jack." "What's up?" "I think I made him mad." "Are you mad at him?" "No, I mean, I'm just frustrated. He's really confusing." "Believe me, we all know that." "Jackkk, can you just tell me whatever he tells you?" "Adrienneeee, I can't. It's against bro code." "God damn it." " I can tell you- you're really important to him." "How so?" He just shrugged with a smile. "So I should probably go talk to him right?" Jack nodded, "and just give him a really big hug." "I'll be back." I groaned slipping out of my bunk. I stood up and hurried off the bus. I scouted around until I noticed Alex sitting outside looking over the hill. "Hey, I thought you were going on a walk." I softly sat down next to him. He shrugged. "I don't like seeing you sad." He still just sat quietly. "Thank you for helping me calm down." He began to pick at a flower. I contemplated for a second on another approach, "You asked about my crush earlier," He just continued. "I'm not saying it is you, but if it was.... It would be because you have really cute fluffy hair." I ran my hand through it. "And because you have really cute cheeks." I poked the one closest to me. He slightly smiled and looked over at me. “You might have a cute nose too.” I poked it playfully. “And your big eyebrows, they’d probably win me over.” I laughed and kissed one. “Andy, what are you doing?” “I’m just explaining why I would, if I did, have a crush on you.” “But why?" "I dunno," "Why do we get mad at each other over the smallest things?" "I don't know." He stayed quiet for a second then smiled and turned to me, "You think my big eyebrows are cute?" I giggled and nodded. He snaked his arm around my waist and pulled me close. I comfortably rested my head on his shoulder. "See, this, this is perfect. Why can't we just be like this instead of fighting?" He asked. "Maybe because we're just friends." "That doesn't mean we should fight all the time." "But that also means we can't be like this all the time." "Why not?"