‹ Prequel: Memories
Sequel: Desert
Status: Oneshot/Finished/Completed

Cigarette

Humans are Like Cigarretes

Image

When my best friend introduced her to me, I never thought I’d fall in love with her. She wasn’t my type of woman but she was beautiful no less. Her light green eyes had shined upon seeing me and a beautiful kind smile hugged her face. Her long red hair was tied up in a Korean bun and a silver necklace with the moon was around her long neck.

She politely gave me her slender hand which I shook while telling her what a pleasure it was finally meeting her. My best friend always told me how beautiful she was because he thought she would be the perfect match for me but back then neither of us, men, knew she would make me fall in love with her so deeply only to leave me behind as she walked her own path.

It had been four years since we had been together and she always showed me how much she loved me. We met every single day no matter how tired we were after work and she enjoyed the sensations I was giving her when our bodies were connected. She liked the surprises I had for her every once in a while like the one where we travelled to Greece, Paros and stayed there for three nights. I never thought she would leave me because in my eyes everything was perfect. Did it look only perfect to me? Was it my mistake for falling too hard for her?

The night she left me was like all the others. She was supposed to come to my house where I had cooked her favorite Greek food and her glass was filled with the red wine she adored so much. After one hour of listening to the music and waiting for her in the dining room, I called her phone but she had turned it off. I was almost on the door, ready to leave when I saw a small white envelope with my name on it on the floor. I opened it and quickly read the small piece of paper.

I’m bored of destroying everything you build without you even realizing it, so I’m off to play with more interesting toys.
~Eliza


She crushed my dreams, my feelings and my heart that very moment. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me or that maybe it was a bad joke…but the next day, reality crushed my last hope. Like a cigarette filling my insides with cancer and slowly destroying every organ in my system, she destroyed my heart that fell in love too deeply for the first time ever with her.

She left me to pick up the pieces she created with no care in the world…and that was because I was just a toy to her. Everything was a game for her from the very start and game over had already showed up in my heart’s screen.

Even though she left me behind and broken, I still hoped for her safety. That was how much I loved her. My only wish was that no one ever had to go through something like that ever again but I knew my wish would never be fulfilled and people will continue hurting each other.