‹ Prequel: Cigarette
Sequel: Zombie
Status: Oneshot/Finished/Completed

Desert

Unexpected Meeting in the Desert

Image

The sun was burning up my skin and I had no more water with me. My bottles were empty and the camel that was with me was almost ready to die from the lack of water. My clothes were hiding my body so no burns would show up on my skin but I felt so hot. I wished for nothing more than waking up from that nightmare and being in my house back in Greece, enjoying my breakfast and listening to the radio like I always did. I cursed myself for deciding to travel to Egypt because of the admiration I had for pyramids and pharaohs.

I kept walking and walking but I knew I was lost and I had no way to go back to the city. I didn’t know how many hours it had been but I felt my feet couldn’t carry me on anymore. I felt my body heating up even more if that was possible and then I felt a bit dizzy. I tried to stay on my feet with the support the camel gave me but eventually blackness took over my vision and I felt myself falling.

A handsome young man flirted with me these six days I had been to Egypt. He was from Egypt and while his skin was sun kissed, his light green eyes made his face seem very kind and dreamy. We met at the hotel I was staying at and his stares never left my body. I enjoyed the idea of him liking me enough to gaze upon me in every chance he had.

I felt water going down my throat and a pair of lips on mine. I kept drinking the water from the stranger’s lips and then tried opening my eyes slowly. A pair of light green dreamy eyes stared at me before he asked me how I felt. I looked around to see where I was and I realized it was already night and that I was back in the hotel. I wasn’t in my room though, it must have been his.

He gave me more water to drink and carefully helped me get up from the bed to take a bath. As I bathed I kept thinking of the worrisome expression on his handsome face. He was really worried about me from the look of it. After I was finished with the quick bath I returned to the bed where I was greeted with food. He let me eat in silence and when I was done eating, we talked for a bit about how I got lost and how I was left with no water. I thanked him for saving me and one thing brought another and the next thing I knew our bodies were connected under the soft silk covers.

I never would have thought that my trip to Egypt and my almost dying experience would give me as a present a man who cared about me as my husband. My mind never forgot the sentences that came out from his loving mouth while we loved one another.

‘’I want you to be mine forever. Not just your body and not just your heart, I want your soul too. I want all of you to belong to me and me alone.’’ At that moment I realized I secretly wished for the same things deep inside me but I was too scared to fall in love with a stranger.

Loving a stranger gave me a husband and three beautiful children. He was the fated one I was supposed to meet and I wouldn’t have wanted another man to enter my life other than him.

He was my soulmate and I was his.