Status: One Chapter Remaining

In My Dreams It's Me And You

Fight

The guys and I ate breakfast, each of them more relaxed now that they knew I wouldn't be removing their manhood any time soon. Zacky and I talked comfortably and flirted a little bit, and although I could see Brian didn't like it very much, he kept his comments to himself and was actually able to have a decent conversation or two with me. I was very happy with that fact and slowly started to allow myself to let my guard down a little bit around him.

One thing that I noticed during breakfast that didn't make me happy is that every once in a while, when I would be talking with either Zacky or Brian, Matt would watch us very carefully, almost as if he were waiting for them to make a wrong move or something. I didn't like it at all, because I didn't need Matt watching over me like a little girl and deciding who I could talk to. After breakfast, I pulled Matt aside and confronted him about it.

"What's up, Nat?" he asked, following me into the den.

"What the fuck was up with you staring at Zacky and Brian while they were talking to me at breakfast?" I asked flat out. Matt started to stutter out some lame excuse and I said, "And don't you dare give me some bullshit answer like you don't know what I'm talking about. Just tell me, Matt,"

Matt scratched the back of his head nervously and said, "Well, I'm just a little nervous about you talking to Zack, is all."

I shook my head and blinked my eyes a few times. Am I dreaming? Did Matt just say he's nervous about me talking to Zacky ? "What do you mean?" I asked incredulously. "What's wrong with me talking to Zacky?"

"Nothing is wrong with that, it's just that I don't know if you should be getting too close to him," Matt replied, trying to avoid making eye contact with me.

"What the fuck are you talking about, Matt?" I asked, really not understanding why he was saying these things.

"Well, he just got out of a long-term relationship, and I know how he is with girls in general, so I'm just saying that you should keep your distance from Zacky," he explained, this time meeting my eyes.

I threw my arms above my head and yelled, "God damn it, not you too!"

"What do you mean, not me too?" Matt asked.

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest. "Brian came into my room and told me the exact same thing this morning," I told him. "He basically told me that Zacky only wants to get into my pants, and that he's only pretending to be nice to me." When Matt didn't reply, I slowly uncrossed my arms and approached him. "Please don't tell me that you believe that, too," I said.

"I'm sorry Nat," he said slowly, "but knowing Zacky, it's probably true."

I groaned in frustration and crossed my arms once again. "I can't believe you guys," I said lowly. "He's your best friend, and you talk about him as if he uses women like they're some kind of toy."

"That's because he does!" Matt exclaimed, a bit louder than necessary. "We've known him since we were in high school, we know how he works, Nat!"

Shocked at the fact that Matt would raise his voice at me, I decided I could be loud too. "Oh so what, you think he's just using me?" I yelled. "That he really is just trying to get in my pants?"

"Well I sure as hell wouldn't put it past him!" Matt shouted back.

"I can't fucking believe you!" I screeched. "Would you rather have me fuck Brian then, since Zacky isn't respectable enough?"

"Actually, I would rather you hook up with Brian!" Matt replied furiously. "He at least respects the girls that he fucks!"

At this point, I was suprised objects hadn't started flying around the room. I looked at Matt, whose face was red with anger, and took a deep breath. As easily as fighting came to both of us, it wasn't going to solve anything this time. I sat down in the nearest chair and started breathing in deeply, trying to calm myself. When I was done, I looked across the room to see Matt sitting with his hands placed on his knees. I crossed the room and sat down next to him on the couch and wrapped my arms around him.

"I'm sorry for yelling, Nat," Matt said softly as he gently released me from our hug. "I really shouldn't have done it, and I should have controlled myself."

I smiled and replied, "I'm just as guilty as you, Matt. I could have prevented this whole thing from happening if I hadn't of shouted back, but I did."

"Yeah well, that's the Sanders' temper for ya, right?" he asked, pushing my shoulder lightly.

I shoved him back playfully and then got serious again. "You were serious though, about what you said about Zacky?" I asked quietly.

Matt slung his arm across my shoulders. "I just want you to be careful, Natalie. I don't want to see you get hurt, and Zacky has hurt a lot of girls," he replied softly.

I nodded my head silently and then looked at Matt. "I'll be careful," I promised. "You know I don't like being fucked around with, anyways."

"That I do," he replied happily as he kissed the side of my head.

"So...would you really rather have me hook up with Brian?" I asked slyly once I was sure the tension between us was gone.

Matts' face went pale and then turned red. "Actually, I'd prefer it if you didn't hook up with any of the fuckers I call friends," he said sternly.

"Geez Matt, I was just kidding," I laughed and Matt sighed in relief.

"That's good to hear," he said. "Now come on, Val's gonna be here soon, and she's really excited to see you after so long. I think you might want to change out of your...erm...pajamas, if that's what you call those skimpy things."

"Oh come on Matty," I said as I skipped out of the den, "I'm sure Val wears less than I am now when she stays in your room."

"Not talking to you about that!" Matt yelled as I ran up the stairs to my room.