Status: One Chapter Remaining

In My Dreams It's Me And You

Why Can't We Be Friends?

"How can you see into my eyes like open doors?
Leading you down into my core
Where I’ve become so numb?
Without a soul, my spirit sleeping somewhere cold
Until you find it there and lead it back home."


I began singing the song 'Bring Me To Life' by Evanescence while the hot water of my shower cascaded down my body. I normally don't sing in the shower... hell, I don't really sing at all. But for some reason, I had the irresistable urge to use the singing ability I was given. And it's not like someone was going to hear me, right? So I continued.

"(Wake me up)
Wake me up inside
(I can’t wake up)
Wake me up inside
(Save me)
Call my name and save me from the dark
(Wake me up)
Bid my blood to run
(I can’t wake up)
Before I come undone
(Save me)
Save me from the nothing I’ve become

Now that I know what I’m without
You can't just leave me
Breathe into me and make me real
Bring me to life

(Wake me up)
Wake me up inside
(I can’t wake up)
Wake me up inside
(Save me)
Call my name and save me from the dark
(Wake me up)
Bid my blood to run
(I can’t wake up)
Before I come undone
(Save me)
Save me from the nothing I’ve become

Bring me to life
(I've been living a lie, there's nothing inside)
Bring me to life

Frozen inside without your touch, without your love. Darling, only you are the life among the dead

All this time I can't believe I couldn't see
Kept in the dark but you were there in front of me
I’ve been sleeping a thousand years it seems
Got to open my eyes to everything
Without a thought, without a voice, without a soul
Don't let me die here
There must be something more
Bring me to life

(Wake me up)
Wake me up inside
(I can’t wake up)
Wake me up inside
(Save me)
Call my name and save me from the dark
(Wake me up)
Bid my blood to run
(I can’t wake up)
Before I come undone
(Save me)
Save me from the nothing I’ve become

(Bring me to life)
I’ve been living a lie, there’s nothing inside
(Bring me to life)"


The same time that I finished singing, I had finished my shower, so I got out and wrapped my towel around my body. I opened the door of the bathroom and stepped out into my bedroom to see Zack sitting on my bed. He looked up and his eyes went wide, seeing as how I was dripping wet and wearing only a bath towel.

I really need to learn to bring my clothes into the bathroom with me, I thought to myself.

Zack and I stared at each other, and he cleared his throat and stood up. "Umm, sorry about this," he said awkwardly, trying to keep his eyes anywhere but on me. "I, uh, I thought you'd come out dressed.... not, you know, naked."

I laughed nervously. "Yeah, well, I should probably learn to bring my clothes with me, and not keep them in my bedroom when I take a shower."

Zack laughed and looked up at me, but quickly dropped his eyes again. "Okay, well, I'll leave you to get dressed then. Let me know when it's okay to come back in," he said as he walked towards the door. I told him I would and he left my room.

When Zack had closed the door behind him, I sighed and shook my head. I didn't understand why I had been so nervous while he was there. I knew he had been checking me out when I first walked out of the bathroom, and normally I wouldn't care less. But with Zack, it was different. I felt like it made a difference what he thought about my body, and for some reason, I really cared whether or not he liked what he saw.

Shaking my head and walking over to my closet, I blew out a deep breath. It's no big deal; it's not like Zack and I were serious or anything, so there was no need to be acting like a school girl with a crush.... Even if that crush just so happened to be extremely hot, and exactly what you want in a guy.

"Oh jesus christ, get yourself together," I muttered to myself as I picked out a pair of hip-hugging denim jeans and a simple black tank top. "It's just Zack."

Carrying my clothing in my arms, I made my way back into the bathroom to get myself ready for the day. I decided I was going to let my hair dry naturally, so it would have light curls, so I just brushed out the knots and started getting dressed. Once I was dressed, I focused on my make-up. I put a thick coating of mascara on my lashes, to help my hazel eyes pop out, and then brushed some grey eyeshadow on top of my eyelid. I skipped out on the eyeliner and put a single layer of nude lip gloss across my lips. Looking at my appearance in the mirror, I decided to put a tiny diamond stud in the right side of my nose to finish off my look.

Satisfied, I left the bathroom and went to open my bedroom door. I looked out in the hallway and saw Zack leaning against the wall next to my door. I smiled and said, "Okay, you can come in now."

Zack smiled and walked through the door, me following behind him. When he was standing in the middle of my room, Zack stopped and turned around to face me. He shoved his hands into his pockets and looked around my room, which was still undecorated. After a while, he looked at me.

"So, I heard you singing in the shower earlier," he began, and my eyes bugged out. I had really been hoping he had missed that little performance. "You have a really nice voice."

I laughed and put my hands in my back pockets, rocking back and forth on my feet. "Yeah, I guess so," I answered, not really wanting to discuss my singing.

Luckily, Zack changed the subject. "You also have a really nice body," he added to his previous statement, the tiniest of smirks playing on his lips.

Grinning, I took a step towards him as he took one towards me. "So I take it you enjoyed that little show, huh?" I asked as he placed his hands on my hips, pulling me closer to him.

"Very much so," he answered, nodding his head as his eyes watched my lips.

Knowing what he was thinking, I pushed my lips onto Zack's and rested my hands on his shoulders. He let out a groan and pulled me even closer to him when I ran my tongue across his bottom lip, our tongues meeting and tangling together. We were really getting into it when someone behind us cleared their throat.

"I hate to interrupt," Brian said, the tone of his voice telling us that he really wasn't sorry about it, "but we have to get going to the studio Zack. And you're coming with us Natalie."

I reluctantly pulled away from Zack, but he kept his arm around my waist afterwards. "We'll be down in a few minutes Brian," I told him as he stared me down.

"Fine," he said and walked away.

I groaned once I heard Brian's footsteps retreat down the stairs and turned my body into Zack's chest. "Why can't Brian and I just get along?" I complained, looking up at Zack.

Zack laughed and gave my lips a quick peck. "I don't know, doll. But if you really want to be friends with him, you're going to have to make the first move to apologize."

I groaned in frustration and rested my forehead against his chest. "Fine," I mumbled. "If I need to make the first move, I will. I'll apologize to Brian."

"Good girl," Zack said with a laugh and kissed me. I kissed him back and it quickly turned heated, our bodies pressed close together. That is, until we heard Matt yelling downstairs. Zack growled and pulled away. "Finish this later?" he asked with a smirk.

"Maybe," I said suggestively and started walking away. I jumped when Zack slapped my ass lightly.

"I'll give you 'maybe'," he said with a laugh as we walked out of my room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha, 'doll'. I'm totally stealing that word.

Credit for the song "Bring Me To Life" goes to Evanescence.