‹ Prequel: Here With Me
Sequel: Youth

Mirrors

Wild

Image

"Look at this kid, eating McDonald's, lookin' like a supermodel, not giving a fuck." Rocky chuckled, standing next to me as I sat on a piano in this wild hotel room, eating a burger and fries. He took out his phone and snapped a picture of me. I smiled and did a happy dance, "I don't give a fuck." I laughed. "I'm gonna eat McDo at three in the morning, dance like a wild woman, and make out with this gorgeous gentleman here." I patted Christian's chest.

Christian smiled and leaned in to kiss the side of my head. We were in the middle of a wild after party, filled with beautiful people, loud music, and drinks that got me reminiscing about my old life. But being here with Christian was better than that life.

Blair's party wasn't showing any signs of slowing down. He was in the middle of the suite dancing to Miley's "We Can't Stop" with Jourdan Dunn, I couldn't hold back a happy grin when I saw that he was paying special attention to her.

"Why are you eating at three in the morning?" Some person next to us asked.

"Why isn't everyone eating at three in the morning?" I giggled, "This is my fifth meal, I didn't have it yesterday, so I'm making up for it now."

"Fifth meal?" Rocky raised an eyebrow, "You eat five times a day?"

"Five small meals a day, darling, I don't think I could handle five hearty meals. Anyways, I'm eating for two." I blushed and Christian looked at me with an excited smile.

"Wh-wait, what? You're pregnant?" Rocky smiled.

"I am." I held Christian's hand. "I won't be able to hide it for much longer."

"That's so dope, congrats." He started to laugh, hugging me and fist-bumping Christian.

The music changed to Icona Pop and Terry Richardson had come over with his camera, "Babe, I love what you've got going on here." He gestured me sitting on a piano, eating junk food. As soon as he positioned his camera, we all got into the shot, about six of us, and gave Terry Richardson-worthy poses. Sexy, risqué, high fashion, Richardson-worthy shots.

"What would you think if I cut my hair short? Like pixie cut short?" I asked aloud to anyone who would hear.

"Do it!" Someone called from afar.

"Really?" Christian asked, smiling softly.

"Yeah, I want a big change. No more long hair, I'm bored with it. Holbrook doesn't want me to do it, but at this point in my life, I'm gonna do what I want."

"Who's Holbrook?" Rocky asked.

"Her husband." Blair rolled his eyes as he joined us, holding Jourdan's hand. He sat on the piano bench and she took a seat on his lap.

"Scandalous." Terry chuckled, taking a picture of all of us.

"You know Chris McMilan is at this party I'm pretty sure." Blair looked up at me.

"Who's that?" I asked, feeling bad for not recognizing the name.

"Oh he's like, the best stylist in California." Jourdan replied, "He's done everyone's hair."

"There he is! Chris!" Derek Blasberg jumped into our conversation, he waved Chris over.

"Chris, are you drunk?" He asked him. Chris laughed and shook his head, "I've had a drink, but I'm nowhere near being plastered. Yet."

"Do you mind holding off on it for a bit? Avery needs a haircut."

We all started to laugh, and I took over for Derek, "I'm in need of a change."

"What were you thinking?" He smirked.

"Pixie cut. Michelle Williams/Emma Watson short." I sheepishly smiled.

He began running his fingers through my hair and examining it, "You've got gorgeous hair, are you sure you want it pixie short?"

"Positive." I grinned, taking a sip of Fruitopia.

He smiled back, "You're cute, are you famous?"

"Not yet." Blair smiled. "It's day two of Fashion week. Five more days and she will be known world-wide."

"Well Avery you're in luck, I brought my scissors and razor. I'll go get things ready, meet me in the bathroom." He smiled before disappearing in the sea of people.

"Where have I heard that before?" Blair chuckled, making us all laugh. While everyone went into another conversation, I turned to Christian, "Are you okay with me cutting my hair short?"

He smiled sweetly and laughed, "Of course I am. It's your hair, you can do whatever you want with it. I will still find you devastatingly gorgeous."

I blushed and gently pushed his shoulder, "Awe, you." I turned to the others, "Make sure you get a video and pictures of it, I will be a new woman after this." I laughed.

I sat in a chair while Chris gathered my hair and cinched it into a low ponytail. About ten other people were crammed in the bathroom with us, phones ready, eagerly watching and anticipating this new look for me.

I watched Chris in the mirror as he readied this scissors, "And you're absolutely, positively, 100% sure you are ready for this?"

I grinned at him in the mirror, my stomach filled with nervous excitement. "Absolutely."

He lowered the scissors to my ponytail and I could hear the sound of the blades cutting through my hair and the gentle tug that accompanied it. Then all at once I felt a sudden lightness and he held up the now severed ponytail of hair and everyone gasped, excited grins on their faces, and I started to laugh. I clapped my hands, "Carry on, Mr. McMilan."

During my haircut, my phone began to ring loudly. I lifted it to see who was calling at this hour and I started to laugh, "It's Hudson."

"Who's Hudson?" Derek made a face.

"Holbrook. My husband." I chuckled. "I can't answer it at the moment, I don't wanna mess you up." I glanced at Chris in the mirror.

"I'll answer it." Rocky laughed, grabbing my phone and answering it on the speaker phone. "What up?"

We started to laugh and soon Hudson's voice over the speakerphone piped up, "What? Who is this?"

"A$ap Rocky." He simply replied, sending us into laughter again. Blair took the phone and cleared his throat, he stood next to Christian and smirked, "Good morning, Holbrook."

"Blair?"

"Yeah." He laughed.

"Where's Avery?" He cleared his throat, becoming annoyed. Blair rolled his eyes, "She's a little busy...getting a bit of a trim at the moment."

I grinned, "Well as long as he's on speaker phone, I can take this call." I held out my hand and got the phone from the eccentric crowd in the bathroom. "Holbrook, darling. Why are you calling so early in the morning?"

"Oh, uh...well we haven't called or texted since you left. I just wanted to see how you were doing?"

"I'm great, Paris is amazing. Everyone here is amazing. I am loving it!" I winked at Christian.

"Where are you? It sounds pretty loud there."

"The Bristol Hotel. Blair is hosting an after party. It's pretty dope right now." I grinned.

"Oh...so he said you're getting a trim? Like a haircut?" He had a surprised tone in his voice and I smiled, "Yeah, it's actually more than a trim. I got quite a bit of length off."

"Is it Rosemary's Baby short?" He asked in almost a whisper.

I started to laugh, "About there."

"Really?...you should send me a picture. I'd like to see it."

"Okay, I will. When it's done. I've gotta go now, we can talk later." I cleared my throat, surprised by his reaction.

"Alright. Take care Avery, I love you."

I stilled for a moment and the room became significantly quiet, swallowing hard I found my voice again. "Same to you."

Hudson became quiet, "Say it."

I couldn't. My gaze met Christian's and his expression had faltered. I couldn't tell Hudson that I loved him. I do, but it's not in the way he believes me to.

Finally his voice came back on, "Goodnight Avery." He said quietly before ending our call.

I turned off my phone and cleared my throat, "So, how's it looking Chris?" I faked a smile, trying to brush off that awkward tension in the room.

"I love it. It looks so good on you, you definitely have the face shape for a short do." He smiled.

"Yeah, Avery you look incredible." The others joined in, showering me with compliments but they went unheard as my thoughts were lost thinking about what just happened. Oh how I wish Christian wasn't in the room for that call.

It wasn't long before Chris finished up and I was able to get up and take a closer look at it in the mirror. Wow, it's so short, it's so different. I awkwardly ran my fingers through it, feeling the new length and smiling with excitement at the drastic difference.

Christian was soon at my side, gazing at me with a small smile like he always would. I turned to him, "What do you think?"

He reached his hand to my hair and gently caressed his fingers through it and grazing his fingers at the back of my neck. He smiled and leaned in to kiss me, "I love it."

I sighed out of relief and hugged him and then went to embrace Chris, thanking him over and over for my new look.

Soon we all went into the other room and rejoined the party, and I coaxed Christian into a dance. As we danced to some 80s inspired electronic music, Blair had appeared through the crowd looking a little more intoxicated than before, and I'm sure the drink in his hand didn't help his appearance. "We should go to the Eiffel Tower tomorrow!" He shouted over the music.

"What about the shows tomorrow? Didn't you wanna go watch?" I gave an amused smile, raising an eyebrow.

"I'll skip 'em. I go to Fashion Week every year, in different countries. One day won't hurt." He laughed.

"And the view from the tower this time of year is the best. Paris in spring is gorgeous." Derek added as he danced to the beat of the music.

"I wanna go!" Jourdan hopped up and down, and soon Blairs arm had snaked around her waist, "Of course you're gonna come, as long as I'm not stealing you from any shows."

She gazed at him and smirked, "Not at all."

"Perfect." He grinned wickedly, before they disappeared into the dancing sea of people in the room. I had become distracted and wound up dancing with Derek and a few others, taking selfies for instagram, that I didn't realize Christian was no longer next to me. I tried to see over the heads of everyone here in an attempt to find him, but my height prevented me from seeing anyone but these guests. So I left my group and searched through the crowd to find him, and finally saw that he was sitting in a chair next to a window looking out.

I sighed, feeling bad, and went to go sit on his lap. Immediately his arms had wrapped around me and pulled me closer, he smiled weakly and looked at me. "Hey."

"I lost you." I quietly spoke.

"I didn't really feel like dancing." He shrugged a shoulder.

"Are you alright?" I asked, feeling my stomach twisting into knots.

He nodded, "I'm just not...feeling this party. It's cool and everything, but I'm just not in the mood for it."

I nodded back and offered a small smile, "Then let's go back to the hotel."

"Are you sure?"

I laughed, "Of course. Let's go. I'd rather be with you then a bunch of silly rave kids."

He smiled and placed his fingers under my chin to bring my face closer, kissing me lightly. "Okay."
♠ ♠ ♠
HEY! I am sooooo sorry for the late update. I've been burrito of sadness and a roller coaster of emotion lately, and I wasn't able to write for a long time. But I'm back and mostly better!

Comment and Subscribe :)


And I was reading parts of the first story, when Christian and Avery first met, and I'm falling back in love with them ♡ I almost forgot how cute they were in the beginning ♡



Don't judge me....