‹ Prequel: The Hand of Destiny
Status: Complete :')

The Most Unexpected Faces

Your Betrayal

ASHLEY’S POV

~

Seeing Andy and the three techs together sickened me slightly and I had no idea why. I was confused though; earlier, Andy had said about how the boys were a part of his old band and acted as if he hated them. Now they’re acting all chummy together?

I’d looked out the bus window, curious as to why Andy hadn’t followed us in, when I noticed him standing with the three men. I was content to let him talk to the people - who appeared to be his friends from the way the boy with the blue fringe hugged him. Then I recognized their faces and realised they were the new techs we were introduced to early.

Why was Andy hugging people he supposedly hated?

I didn’t know quite what to make of the situation, but it undoubtably confused me. I took my grey zip-up hoodie from over the back of a nearby chair and pulled it on, intent of going to check if Andy was okay. I didn’t trust those guys and from early I knew Andy didn’t. Come to think of it, he didn’t even hug the blue fringed boy – Jack, I think Andy called him – back, he just stood there awkwardly.

Maybe the boys still thought they were friends? I should go over there, so Andy doesn’t feel like he’s being ganged up on or intimidated.

I stepped out off the bus and into the mild California air. Before I went over to Andy, I took a second to admire the stars, they seemed brighter here than at home. The skies were like smudge of ink, darker in some areas and lighter in others, with faint trails of cream clouds blended in here and there. My attention was only drawn away from the pretty sight and towards the reason I was out here, when one of the boys said something that made my heart race and stomach turn.

“We want to try again, make a fresh start and make use of the potential we had together. What we’re asking is this. Would you consider reforming as a band with us? Come home with us, Andy. Come back where you belong” the tech with the obnoxious pillar-box red hair pleaded.

As soon as the words left his mouth, I felt anger rise and rage inside of me.

What the hell?! Did he really think Andy would just get up and leave us?! Of course he wouldn’t. Andy cares about this band so much, Andy cares about us too much to leave us, Andy wouldn’t go back to people that hurt him, Andy wouldn’t ruin our relationship, Andy… isn’t… saying… no.

WHAT?!

Why isn’t he yelling at them? Laughing at them? Walking away from them?!


I just stood there stunned as Andy looked at his old band mates. It hit me really hard that Andy didn’t tell them no immediately, did we mean nothing to him?

I didn’t hear the next part of the conversation, I was to mad and hurt at what I had just witnessed.

Maybe he was just shocked? Maybe he’s telling them no now?

I pulled myself together slightly, of course that’s what he’s doing! Knowing him, he’s probably trying to figure out their motives as well.

Then, the small bit of hope I’d regained in the situation was smashed to pieces. I watched as Andy stepped forward and hugged all three of the boys tightly.

Damn it! Why wasn’t I listening?! Did he say yes? No?

In my anger, I lashed out and kicked the side of our bus with my steel toed cowboy boots as hard as I could, no doubt leaving a small dent in the shiny surface. My eyes stung with hurt tears and my insides felt like they’d been torn up.

How could he betray us and treat his so called enemies like friends? How could he not just push them away? They abandoned him and left us to pick up the pieces, now they want him as a friend and band mate again? That’s fucked up!

I saw the techs and Andy finish their embrace and the three boys head off away from him, cheering and laughing.

I couldn’t watch anymore, Andy had betrayed us.

Even if he hasn’t said yes yet, he sure as hell hasn’t said no!

I turned my back on the scene and headed off into the night, away from Andy and away from the bus. I needed to be alone right now; well, maybe not alone, but definitely not in his company. I thought back to early when we had been driving through Pomona and remembered that we had passed some bars about ten minutes drive from here. Since we travelled by the bus, I would be walking.

Oh well, I wouldn’t have been able to take a car back here anyway. I’m going to go drown some sorrows in enough Jack Daniels that I won’t even be able to talk.

Good decision? No. I don’t care anymore though. I just want this hurt to go away…


With that I set off down the dark streets, the stars still shining above me. When I glanced up at them this time though, they seemed dimmer, less pretty and unimportant.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, Ash saw...

Fuck.

Annnnnnyway, sorry for the long update wait (I had minor writers block even though I have the story planned :/) and thank you to for all the lovely comments lately, they've really inspired me to get writing! <3

xox KilljoyAndProudOfIt