‹ Prequel: The Hand of Destiny
Status: Complete :')

The Most Unexpected Faces

Fake Smiles And That Heavy, Sick Feeling

ASHLEY’S POV

~

Despite the fact that our bus was rather large compared to most others, it was still quite a squeeze with the whole band and the three new techs all crammed into the lounge. We managed to make it work though, even if the edges of everyone’s thighs seemed to be either overlapping or pushed up against each other.

“So, where was the codpiece in the end?” Chris asked, amusement sparkling in his eyes.

I leant forward in my seat slightly and continued the anecdote.

“Well, we were having some kind of bus wide search, but maybe we shouldn’t have been looking
inside the bus” I grinned, looking over at C.C who was now starting to giggle in embarrassment.

“Oh God, someone didn’t, like, make a flag out of it and put it on the top of the bus, did they?” Zander asked, looking both worried and amused.

“Nope, close though. It wasn’t even us that found it in the end; in fact, the only reason we did is because a man who was driving behind our bus rolled down his window and yelled at Andy – who was standing by an open window on our bus – ‘Dude, are you aware you have a cod piece taped to your back window?’ Then Andy nearly made me piss myself by leaning out the window a bit and yelling back ‘No. No, I was not. Thank you kind sir though, for locating the missing garment that was causing our whole bus despair!’ in a posh English accent and then tipping an imaginary hat to him.” I explained, causing laughter to erupt around the bus.

“Why was it taped to your window?” Jack asked in-between laughing.

“That’s what we all wondered, but when we stopped and went to go get it, we realised there was also a small note taped there from a fan that said, ‘Found this on the ground after your gig last night, I believe it belongs to CC. Thought I’d return it since I’m sure CC’s crotch would be lonely without it. Much love, Melissa’. It made my day” I concluded, wrapping my arm around Andy’s waist and snuggling into him.

“You guys have weird fans” Zander chuckled.

“Yeah, but they’re amazing though” C.C added with an adoring smile.

I had to say, after spending time with these guys, they actually seemed alright. I could tell why Andy and they got on. One thing I did notice though was that C.C seemed to be closer with Chris than with the other guys, maybe he knew Chris from somewhere else?

I just hoped Jake wouldn’t get jealous of him; he loves C.C a lot, losing him would destroy him. Apart from that, the only thing that I felt a bit weird about was that Andy hadn’t told his old band that he wasn’t regrouping with them yet. They still thought it was a possibility. Andy really did need to tell them; I din’t want to become some sort of friends with them just to have a massive blow out if they don’t take it well. I also didn’t want Andy to get too attached to them before telling them. I wasn’t worried he might change his mind, well, not majorly, but I didn’t want it to be harder for him to tell them than it would be then.

I will talk to him about it later; I just want this whole band drama to be over.

~

JAKE’S POV

~

The techs are actually a lot nicer than I thought they’d be. The only problem I can find with them - well, actually, it’s only a problem with one of them – is the way that the red headed one – Chris – seems to be acting a little too friendly with C.C. It’s nothing major, it’s just lots of little things which seem like they should be between C.C and I rather than C.C and Chris. For example, not that long ago him and C.C started a play wrestling match on the sofa, tickling each other and pining each other down. I know that C.C’s friendly with everyone, but this Chris kid? I just met him, I have no idea what his intentions are or what he’s like. Is he flirting?

No, It’s not that I don’t trust C, it’s that I don’t really trust Chris. And what’s to stop C.C falling for him if he starts flirting? Yes, I’m being self-depreciative and self-conscious, but sometimes I wonder why an amazing guy like him is with me. After all, this Chris guys isn’t bad looking and he seems funny and C.C likes him. Who says that like won’t turn into love or attraction?...


“Yeah, they changed what it meant to be a punk band but I don’t think they made it what it is today!” C.C giggled exasperatedly, drawing me from my thoughts. I looked across to the other couch to see C.C and Chris poking each other while laughing and arguing about bands.

“It would never have evolved here without them making the first step!” Chris retaliated, jabbing him lightly in the side as if to back up his point and grinning.

“Calm down you two! Like an old married couple, I swear!” Jack’s exclamation drew me from my
thoughts.

“Hey, you know what I just realised?! Though neither of them go by it, both C.C and Chris have the first name Christian, so if they got married they’d both be either Christian Mora or Christian Valentine!” Zander cheered, excited that he was the first one to realise this.

I laughed along with everyone else but my stomach felt heavy, marriage jokes, really? I saw Ashley looking at me out of my peripheral vision and turned slightly in my seat to meet his eyes. Sympathy shone in his eyes as he tried to silently console me that the joke meant nothing.

Is it really that obvious that that got to me? Maybe Ashley had already noticed them being overly friendly earlier? Either way, no matter how much he’s trying to convey with his eyes, it’s not making me feel any better…