‹ Prequel: The Hand of Destiny
Status: Complete :')

The Most Unexpected Faces

Let My Insecurities Show

JAKE'S POV

~

Usually, when I wanted relationship advice, Ashley wasn't my go to guy.

There was no particular reason that I didn't, it was just that Jinxx was normally who I ended up talking to. However, Jinxx was out with Sammi for the day, meaning I had to talk to someone else. Due to the nature of the topic, there was no way I could go and talk to C.C about it. I also wasn't going to talk to Andy because it was about his friends. That left Ashley, who I found lying on the couch, shirtless and chewing some pink bubble gum.

“You alright there, Jake?” he asked casually, following me with his eyes as I took a seat next to him.

“Sort of. Actually, I was wondering if I could talk to you about something?”

Once he realised my tone, he stopped lounging casually on the seat and sat up straight.

“Yeah, sure, what’s up?” he asked, turning in his seat to face me better.

“Well, it’ll sound really stupid and childish but…” Here goes nothing… I don’t like the way that Chris is acting around C.C…” I admitted, sighing slightly - like it was painful to say it. In a way, it was; letting others see my insecurities – which left them open to judge me – was hard for me.

“Okay, in what sort of ways?” he asked, both cautious and serious, like my answer was very important to him.

“He’s just being a little too… hand-sy… with C.C for my liking. He’s always touching him and sitting nearer to him than is normally acceptable for people who barely know each other. Half the time, I’m sure he’s flirting with C, and C.C’s not doing anything about it. And I don’t know whether that’s because he thinks Chris is just being over friendly or because he’s interested… I just… I feel like I’m going to lose him to this other guy…” I explained in a rush; I was surprised he didn’t ask me to slow down.

“Why would he be interested in Chris instead of you?” He asked gently, shifting closer slightly and studying my expression.

“ ’Cause he’s got awesome hair that I know C.C loves to play with and he wears make up that really suits him and makes him look really pretty and they muck around and get on together, so who’s to say they won’t start getting it on together? And he’s got a better figure than me and dresses in jeans which show off that fact and-” I stopped talking as I felt hot tears spill over from my eyes and onto my cheeks.

Quick as a flash, I felt Ashley wrap his arms around me and cradle me in a hug while I sobbed into his arms. Ashley was actually really comforting to be around, maybe I should have gone to him for relationship help more often.

“Ssssh, Jake, it’s okay. C.C would never leave you for Chris, I’m sure of it. The way Chris is acting though… I’ve noticed he’s been acting a bit flirty…” he paused briefly before his expression changed fractionally, like he’d just decided something. “Hey, don’t worry about it, okay? I’ve got this…” He gave me one last tight hug before standing up and heading towards the doors of the bus.

“Wait, where are you going?” I asked; where was he rushing off to?

“To find Chris” he replied, grabbing his sleeveless leather jacket to cover his exposed torso as he did.

“Ashley-” I started but didn’t get far.

“Don’t worry about it, Jake, I’ll be back soon” he called just as the bus door clicked shut behind him, leaving me alone.

Maybe I should get used to feeling alone, C.C might not stick around for much longer…
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for all the Jake feels guys... Still, Ashley's about to do something about it.

So, we've only really had Jake's pov on the matter and a little bit of C.C's, what about Chris though? Is it love, lust, a mind game or just a way to make the band fight among themselves? Or something else entirely?

What do you think?

xo KilljoyAndProudOfIt