‹ Prequel: The Hand of Destiny
Status: Complete :')

The Most Unexpected Faces

Stop And Stare At The Accidents

CHRIS’S POV

~

Finding out that C.C had a boyfriend was definitely the worst thing that had happened to me on tour. In comparison, I didn’t even care about Ashley punching me; I could even understand his reasoning when I saw it from his point of view. He thought I was trying to wreck his band, and got defensive about his friends. I could understand that, I would be the same if I was in his situation. He had it wrong though; I would never try to wreck their band. As much as I hoped that Andy would re-join us (Zander told us about Andy’s decision when he came home yesterday) I could understand why he chose to stay, and
I’m not the type of asshole to be bitter about it like that.

The whole C.C situation was still bumming me out though, finding out that he had a boyfriend was like a punch in the stomach, and Andy’s rejection just felt like being kicked when I was down. Still, I wasn’t one to sulk in a corner, if I had a problem, I would talk to someone. Strangely enough, the person I felt the need to talk to most at that moment was Andy, he’d know what to say to make me feel better.

I knocked on the door to the Black Veil Brides tour bus, not feeling like I could just waltz in there. Soon enough, the door swung open and a makeup-less Andy stood in front of me.

“Hey, Chris!” he greeted, stepping back so that I could join him on the bus. As I walked into the bus, I took a quick look around the living room area; thankfully, it was empty.

“Hey, Andy! Um, could I talk to you for a bit? There’s some stuff that’s been bugging me and I need to talk to someone” I asked, shuffling nervously. It’s a habit I’d tried to break, but some old habits die hard.

“Of course, what’s up, Chris?” He led me over to a sofa and pulled me down next to him, giving me his full attention.

That’s one of the things I love about Andy, if something’s wrong, he’ll give you his full time of day and try to help you.

I told him everything that had happened. I told him about C.C, Ashley’s confrontation, how he thought I was trying to wreck the band, about the guilt I felt and about how everything seemed to be going wrong right now.

“C.C and Jake are in a committed relationship, so I can’t have C.C. You’re happy with Black Veil Brides, so I can’t have you in our band, what do I have?” At some point during my explanations and emotional ramblings Andy had wrapped his arm around me. Once I said that last sentence, I felt him squeeze me in tight.

“Chris, you may not have C.C or me as a lead singer, but you do have me as a friend, you have Zander and Jack, amazing potential as a musician and a whole future ahead of you. You can’t let this bring you down! They’ll be other guys, and though it may not seem like that now, you will get over him and find someone who loves you just as much as you love them. I swear, Chris, it will get better” As Andy sat there saying these wonderful things, I felt my heart swell. I’d missed him so damn much! Even though he was the youngest of the group, he was sometimes the most mature. I could always count on him to make me feel better.

“Thanks, Andy, you’re an amazing friend. And I want you to know that even if you’re not re-joining the band, you’re still one of my closest friends, and I completely accept your decision. I lost you once, I’m not losing you again” I wrapped my arms around him in a tight hug, my head resting on his shoulder because he was taller than average and I was shorter. I loved Andy like a brother; he was like family to me.

“That means a lot to hear you say that, Chris, and I’m so glad”. The time was ticking closer to twelve, when I had to go help out with setting up speakers before washing the outside of the bus. Yes, you heard right. I’m talking high power hose, washing up liquid and a long handle sponge-cleaner-thing for the windows. Well, did you really expect us to get the bus through a car wash?

I stood up and Andy did the same as I explained this to Andy while gathering up my phone which had slipped out my pocket on the sofa. I could hear faint footsteps outside; the other guys were probably back.

“Okay then, we’ll chat later then, yeah?” Andy asked. I turned around from the couch to face him again, and opened my mouth to agree. I didn’t realise how close he was though, and as I turned and stepped forward, I walked straight into him. Or – more specifically – I turned around, stepped forward and accidentally brushed my lips against his mouth. His eyes widened in shock, as I’m sure mine did. I was about to apologise profusely, I didn’t want him to think I did it on purpose, though I’m sure he knew it was an accident.

Someone who wouldn’t know it was an accident though? Well, that would be Ashley, who – as I saw in my peripheral vision - had just stepped onto the bus and seen me accidentally kiss his boyfriend.

Oh shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, last chapter, I set you all a challenge. To guess what would happen in this chapter. There were many brilliant guesses, but unfortunately, no one was correct. However, I will do shout outs anyway for everyone that guessed. You’re all pretty creative people, there were some very interesting ideas! So, in no particular order, here are all the amazing people who entered:

Danielle (Quotev) – Nope, they love each other too much :)

Awesomeness14 (Quotev) – Good guess, but nope :)

Riot_PurdyGirl (Mibba) – Good try, but no, and thank you for the lovely comment!

BirdsChildren (Mibba) – You were probably one of the closest by guessing that something was going to happen in Ashley and Andy’s relationship, but not quite right, good guess though! :D

Fallenangel17 (Mibba) – Nope, but good try, and thank you! :)

Sorry I didn’t reply to comments on the boards, but I didn’t want to give anything away by saying what was right and what was wrong, so I’ll thank you all now for commenting, thank you! :)

I can’t remember exactly who it was, but someone on Quotev one called me the cliffhanger queen, I guess I’m really living up to that title! Haha :)

See you next chapter!

Xo KilljoyAndProudOfIt