‹ Prequel: The Hand of Destiny
Status: Complete :')

The Most Unexpected Faces

I Think We're Starting To Find Solutions

ZANDER’S POV

~

“Think – Big gestures…” I murmured, Chris’s hand clutched in my mine under the café table.

“You want to prove to the world you love him? Yes?” Chris spoke up, picking up a cookie from the plate on the table and starting to nibble on the corner of it.

“Of course” Andy nodded, wringing his hands on the table and picking at the cheap table cloth, stress positively oozing out of him.

“Well, think about it. He’s worried that you’re going to leave him for someone else and that you don’t love him, right? So to prove that you love him and only him, you have to prove that you’re not available to or want anyone else. The current problem is that the world think’s you’re both single and are available. So, combine the two points and show the world you’re not available because you love only him!” Chris’s voice got stronger and surer of self as he talked, before he was practically vibrating in his seat with excitement as he said the last sentence. “The question is, when and where?” he concluded, finishing off the cookie and licking crumbs off the tips of his fingers with a smile.

I couldn’t help but grin at my boyfriend; that was a great idea!
“That’s my logical boy!” A blush dusted his cheeks that matched the colour of his scarlet hair as I kissed the corner of his mouth that caused Andy to giggle.

“You guys are cute” he cooed, taking a cookie for himself, leaving only one more on the tray. “We should get more cookies, by the way, these are so good!”

While I ordered us some more of those big, chewy chocolate chip cookies, Chris and Andy discussed how they could reveal to the world that Andy is in love with Ashley; as another hot plate of them arrived, I re-joined the discussion.

“So, various options we have are social networks like twitter, my YouTube channel, our website, on stage, in an interview, doing something the media would notice and anything like that. So, let’s get discussing!”

Chris and I nodded in agreement, we knew this wasn’t going to be a quick discussion, but we needed a plan.

If that was what it took, then that was what we were going to do.

~

ASHLEY’S POV

~
After a morning coffee discussion with Sammi – which was pleasant, because we just talked about music and didn’t even mention relationships – I was left alone on the bus.

Or, so I thought.

I’d curled up on the couch with a mug of coffee and a piece of toast. I knew Andy would not be happy if he realised I’d been eating his Skippy’s peanut butter, but he didn’t have to know; honestly, I didn’t really care either, just thinking about Andy was pissing me off right now.

When a blue haired boy popped his head around the door though, I realised I was mistaken.

Out of Zander, Chris and Jack, Jack was the only one I sort of liked at this point.

He’d not angered me like Zander and Chris had, he was just sort of, there; not to mention he was actually a good tech and got things done when needed.

Out of the three, he was the only one that I didn’t have an urge to frown at on sight.

“Hey, Jack” I greeted casually, giving him a lazy wave as he wandered into the front of the bus. “What’s up?”

“Um, do you have the schedules for the next few days? The bus call times are slightly different than normal” he sounded almost shy and looked slightly uncomfortable, like he was a bit scared to be around me.

“No, I didn’t know there were changes; do you have a copy I can have?” When he handed me over some sheets of paper, I patted the space on the couch next to me; I didn’t want him to be so nervous around me.

“Jack, are you okay? You seem tense?” I questioned gently as he took a seat next to me, his hands folded together in his lap.

“Huh, yeah…” The response wasn’t very convincing, but even without him telling me, I could tell what was wrong with him.

“You know, just because I’ve had… disagreements with Chris and Zander doesn’t mean I’m a bad person. I don’t want to make enemies or anything; I’m not out to cause problems in the friendships between you guys and Andy. I’m just protective of my band and boyfriend and obviously, that started the whole meeting of you guys on a bad foot. I’ve actually been thinking about something lately that might interest you…” I started, smiling as Jack looked at me with interest filled eyes.

Lately, I’d been thinking about their band. I wanted them to have a band but I didn’t want to lose Andy, so my solution was to find other people who could join their band.

Unsurprisingly, it wasn’t hard to find people who wanted to be a part of an established rock band (yes, I Googled them, they actually got as far as releasing an EP).

“What’s that?” the excitement and innocence in his voice was almost
endearing; I was actually excited to tell him.

“Well, I know you guys - you, Chris and Zander that is - have been looking for a drummer and a singer for your band after Craig obviously… you know and because Andy’s in BVB. Well, I actually know some people you might be interested in meeting. I have a friend called Matt, who sings and I know he’d be interested in meeting you guys and he’s also said he may have a drummer friend who could be interested. So, if you guys want, I could introduce you?”

If this worked, it would benefit both them and me as well. They’d be able to complete their band and my mind would be at rest because I would know Andy wouldn’t be leaving us for them.

Of course, they were all best friends, so I knew damn well that they’d all stay in contact and the nagging worry of Andy leaving me wouldn’t be solved, but a least I could help Chris, Jack and Zander with their band.

“Really, Ashley? That would be great!” I wasn’t expecting the bear hug he gave me, but it was nice all the same. “Chris and Zee will be so excited!” he practically cheered.

I’ve definitely had my problems with Zander and Chris, but I’m actually a nice person and I’d like for at least Jack to be happy.

I’m not saying I was going to be all buddy-buddy with Zander and Chris, but I was at least going to be civil.

That’s the same thing I was going to do with Andy - he hurt me, but I was at least going to be civil.

“Thanks, Ashley! Thank you so, so much” he continued to thank me and hug me for a few minutes before his phone beeped and he had to check a message. “Shit, I gotta go, I was meant to have these schedule papers given out by now! I’ll see ya later, Ashley!” He called as he scrambled off the couch, giving me one last quick hug before darting out the bus door with a stack of papers in hand.

“Later, Jack” I chuckled, picking up my now cold mug of coffee and frowning.

“Well then, guess I’ll be getting me some ice cubes and making this into ice coffee!”

~

ANDY’S POV

~

“Nah, social media’s not personal enough, I can’t tell the world I love him in a hundred and forty characters!” I moaned; we’d been discussing this for an hour and I was surprised Chris and Zander hadn’t killed me yet – they did look ready to.

“Urgh! What about publicly then? I know you don’t like the whole media thing because the media is unreliable and people may not believe it, but what about other ways?” Chris suggested, sounding like he wanted to repeatedly bang his head on the table.

“Yeah, Chris has a point… how about… how about you announce it on stage? It may be a bit clichéd, but it’ll definitely prove you love him if you show you’re not scared to admit that you love him and only him!” Zander said triumphantly, making a little fist pump gesture at the idea.

“Actually, yes! That’s a great idea!”

Zander’s idea makes sense; by telling everyone I love him, he will see I don’t want anyone else and it’ll show everyone I’m not available because I only love my Ashy!

Oh, Zander, you genius!
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey all! I'm back in England and can now post regularly again!

I hope this was worth the wait!

By the way, for anyone who's thinking that he's just going to announce it on stage and then all is happy, you're thinking wrong... hehehe... *devious smile* that's all i'm going to say...

There are only a few more chapters to this story before the end by the way.

xo KillljoyAndProudOfIt