‹ Prequel: The Hand of Destiny
Status: Complete :')

The Most Unexpected Faces

Preparation

ANDY’S POV

~

The weather really was beautiful on our day off, something everyone was celebrating and that had everyone making plans to spend the day outside with friends and family.

Me though, I was spending the day – well, at least a couple of hours of it – on my own, making some very big decisions.

Ashley, Jack, Zander and Chris were off meeting some musicians Ashley knows; Jinxx was spending the day with Sammi at the local beach; C.C and Jake were off doing something somewhere (it’s best not to ask details of their plans; you usually won’t want to know after they’ve told you) and I, I was walking around Burgettstown in Pennsylvania, looking for a certain type of store. This was the second of the two days off we had off, the first of which was yesterday in New Jersey. I thought we were just having the one day off but apparently I'd read the schedule wrong. Of course, I could have done this tonight as planned, but when I found out we'd be in New York tomorrow, it was too good an opportunity to pass up.

So far, I was having no luck with my search; I was most probably just going to have to try and get hold of what I needed tomorrow before the show.

I’d already decided how I wanted tomorrow to go; we’d be in New York and – after our show was finished and done – we would have time to mill around the city for a while before we had to head back to the bus. This was when and where I would execute my plan to show Ashley how important he is and how he is the only one I love.

The stars shining in the inky skies of New York would look down on what would hopefully be the most amazing night of my life. It needed to be absolutely perfect though.

Since Burgettstown wasn’t really helping me at all, I decided that in order to find the perfect one of what I needed, I’d have to look around New York tomorrow - it may have been cutting it close time-wise, but I had no other option except to change the date I carried out the plan.

I didn’t want to wait though, I wanted to do this as soon as I could and New York seemed like the perfect setting.

I’d never wanted anything more than for this to work out.

Retreating back to the bus, I started running over the plan in my head for tomorrow. After the show, I’d tell him we were going out and to dress nice, not too fancy, but not too casual.

Shirt, tie and jeans style, basically.

Then, we’d get into a taxi and drive less than ten miles to Long Beach, where I’d put my plan into action. Of course, I needed to prepare first, so a quick New York shopping trip before the show was in order.

For now, all I could do was find a way to occupy my day and think about tomorrow, finalising the little details I wanted to make perfect in my head.

*****

Today was the day.

The biggest day of my life that would all revolve around a simple yes or no question.

Getting up, I tried to act as if it was just another normal day; just another show, more amazing fans to meet, just a completely regular day in the life of a Black Veil Brides band member. Thankfully, no one seemed to suspect anything and the first couple of hours past as usual.

Zander, Chris and Jack came bouncing in around eleven am practically fan-girling about this guy Ashley took them to meet. From what I could understand of Jack’s excited and rushed speech, he was a vocalist interested in joining them and apparently just what the band were looking for.

I was definitely glad they were finding people to replace me, as weird as that sounds. I’ve moved on in my music career and I was glad they were doing the same with theirs.

Jake and C.C were flicking dry cereal at each other across the table rather than putting it in bowls with milk like regular people and Jinxx and Sammi were on the sofa, being strangely normal and watching the morning news together.

All in all, it seemed like a totally normal, inconspicuous, plain tour morning.

Ashley emerged from our shared bunk looking adorably sleepy, his hair sticking up in all directions like it used to when he was in his old band Orgasm and his sleep glazed eyes trying to blink into focus as he held the door frame to support himself.

In one word, well, two, he was utterly adorable.

“Morning, Ashley” I greeted, kissing his cheek as I still didn’t know where we stood at the moment. Hopefully after tonight though, I’d know exactly where we were and it would be in an amazing place.

“Good morning, Andy” he replied with a tired smile before dragging his feet over to the coffee machine to caffeinate himself so he’d wake up fully.

“Ashley, don’t make plans for tonight, alright? I’ve got something planned for us, if that’s okay?” I asked nervously, praying he hadn’t made plans with C.C or someone to go clubbing. The relief that flooded through me when he nodded was un-paralleled; so far, nothing had gone wrong or seemed like it was going to go wrong.

“Awesome! Well, I’m popping out for a bit, I’ll see you all later, yeah?” With quick goodbyes to the guys and an extra wave to my Ashley – which he returned, definitely an improvement – I headed off the bus, ready to go on a little adventure around New York City (once I’d gotten a cab there, of course).

Flagging down a cab taxi heading my way, I clambered into the front seat and told the driver my destination.

New York City, here I come.

*****

“I quite like that one, can I see it?” I asked the suited assistant next to me as I pointed into the glass case.

“Of course, Sir” he replied, formal as he had been since the second I set foot in the shop.

Simple band design, elegant in style and diamonds along the top but not in a garish way.

Perfect. Very Ashley.

“Can I have engraving on the inside?” I enquired, thinking about another aspect of my plan I’d thought up last night.

As previously stated, I wanted to do this perfectly, right down to the last detail.

“Of course, Sir, it is available everything in this collection” I was informed, making me smile.

Everything was falling into place.

“Brilliant, I’ll take it, this is perfect!” I exclaimed, not even caring when I saw the man’s eyes widen at the prospect of making such a sale.

“Excellent! So, you want this engraved, yes?” he checked, holding up the piece of paper I’d handed him with the words I wanted on.

“Yes, in italics, please” as the man set about talking to people, I waited the short period of time for my purchase to be completed and when the man returned with a small elegant bag in his hand, my heart beat a little faster with excitement.

Money changed hands and I left the shop, full of anticipation for the night ahead.

Hopefully, the plan I’d built in my head would go without a hitch.

I started the journey back to the tour bus, calling on the nearest cab I could find to take me there; all the while, I kept my hand safely in my pocket, touching the bag my present for Ashley was in, like I was afraid if I left it alone it would disappear or that I’d lose it.

In all fairness though, it was a very special bag; it potentially held the key to mine and Ashley’s future. In solid matter though, it held a ring.

Tonight, I was going to ask Ashley Purdy to marry me.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I thought this was going to be a short chapter of about 400 words for effect.

Obviously my brain had different plans once I started writing!

It would have been shorter but in order to keep this in line with the Warped 2011 tour dates, I had to have them have days off in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, neither of which seemed like great places to propose, so I added more in so he could do it in New York :3

Anyway, some of you probably expected that, some of you possibly didn't, either way, I hope you enjoyed the penultimate chapter off this fan fic.

It's sad to say but the next chapter will be the last and hopefully one you'll all really enjoy!

Until the next Author's Note, farewell, lots of love, stay strong and remember you're beautiful, okay?

xo killjoyAndProudOfIt