‹ Prequel: The Hand of Destiny
Status: Complete :')

The Most Unexpected Faces

Your Forever Is All That I Need

ASHLEY’S POV

~

Andy had asked me not to make plans for after our New York show and it was safe to say that I was left intrigued. Of course, we were in New York, so he was most probably taking me to a tourist attraction in an attempt to try and make us a ‘normal couple’, but it seemed like more than that.

After our show, I’d hit the showers and washed off my war-paint, briefly watching it swirling down the plug hole like black rain before stepping out and drying myself off, only to be met by Andy – who timidly requested that I dressed somewhat formally tonight.

‘Nice shirt with skinny jeans casual’ he called it. This small tidbit of information had me narrowing down options in my head; dinner would require more formal dress, but doing something like walking across the Brooklyn Bridge wouldn’t require us to dress up nice. Unless, of course, Andy just wanted to make it special and define this night from the other more casual and laid back ones we’d spent in each other’s company.

As the taxi we were travelling in continued to cruise down the busy streets of the always active New York, I let my gaze focus out the window, watching the many streetlights flash by the window in succession.

We were both in the back seats of the taxi, so when I flicked my gaze to the left, I had a very clear view of Andy.

It was plain to see that he was nervous, he was practically radiating worry, at this point though, I had no idea why. Cautiously, I slid my hand across the space between our seats and weaved my fingers with his, lightly squeezing his hand when he responded by looking at me with a timid smile.

I was slowly starting to find my confidence in Andy again, though I’d promised myself I wouldn’t rush back into this and revert to the way we were without second thought. He’d hurt me and we needed to do this right, otherwise it wasn’t worth trying to fix our relationship at all; because if we didn’t fix this fully now, it would just fall apart again later. Our relationship was like a vase, in a way. It was strong and perfect but all it took was one drop for it to shatter - to try and go back to the way we were now would be like piecing it back together but not gluing it, meaning even a little knock in the future would have it in pieces again. No, we needed to fix this properly to make our relationship as strong as it was. I needed to rid myself of the doubt he would leave me.

The taxi ride was just under the thirty minute mark and the silence that had settled over the car like a blanket was only disturbed by speech a few times. I couldn’t quite decide whether it was a comfortable silence or not; I was sitting there a little awkwardly but when I could look out the window, it wasn’t that bad. Andy was a whole new question though, he seemed to be very deep in thought most of the journey and I assumed he wasn’t analysing the silence, so whether or not he felt tension in the air remained a mystery.

By the time we neared the sea front, I was beginning to get an idea of where we were going. Signs informed me that we were nearing roads used for travel to Long Beach; finally, after thirty minutes I had a clue where we were going.

Andy had spoken to the driver before I was in the car so I didn’t have a clue where we were headed until then; in all honesty, I was pleasantly surprised.

Now, despite how I seem to be portrayed, I actually have a soft spot for things like this. Call it cushy, but when romance is involved, location can really have an effect and it seems Andy evidently knows me well enough to know I’d enjoy a place like this.

My Long Beach suspicions were confirmed when started driving down the road connecting the rest of New York to it; shooting Andy a grin, I saw the corners off his mouth lift – he knew he’d picked a good location.

What exactly we would be doing in Long Beach was still a secret to me, but I had a feeling it would be a good night. The way Andy seemed nervous meant he wanted it to go well and that in itself made me happy.

By the time the car finally rolled to a stop, it was dark outside, around nine pm and the stars were scattered across the inky black sky, shining down and twinkling away. Like a perfect gentleman, Andy dashed out of his side of the taxi and around to mine to open the door for me; if he was going this all out, he really wanted to do this right!

Once the taxi driver – who looked ready to call the police when Andy dashed out the car before he realised he was just coming round to open my door – was paid, Andy took me by the hand and we started walking towards the beach.

Despite it being night time, it was still around twenty two degrees celcius out, but, in all fairness, it was August. The warm breeze tussled Andy’s long hair slightly, making wisps of it blow gently across his face.

He really did look beautiful; dressed in black skin tight jeans and a long sleeved black shirt with the top buttons undone, he completed his look by ringing his eyes neatly in eyeliner and by having his hair straightened and teased.

Fucking gorgeous.

“Let’s walk along the beach” Andy suggested, voice like velvet as we began strolling towards the sandy shores of Long Beach. When we reached the sea’s wash, we stopped moving forward and started to walk down the beach, parallel to the water and hands entwined under the stars.

“It’s beautiful here, Andy” I commented, smiling as I took in the scenery around me; even the beaches back home couldn’t hold a candle to the one we strolled along.

“Yeah, it really is. It’s perfect” the smile that accompanied the sentence was bright and I could tell there was a little more to it than I knew about, but I’d just have to wait it out to find out why.

“It’s great that Jack, Zander and Chris are looking for new people in their band, isn’t it? I’m glad you introduced them to some people” the subject change wasn’t something to raise suspicion, like he was trying to avoid a topic, it was natural – just a flow of general conversation.

“Yeah, I won’t have to worry about them stealing you from us anymore” I made sure to add a laugh at the end so he knew I was speaking lightly; I didn’t want anything to ruin this moment.

“Yeah, hopefully it’ll put your mind at rest” he replied and there was that smile again. “Everything’s really falling into place now, isn’t it? Jake and CC’s relationship is strong, as is Jinxx and Sammi’s; Jack and co are forming a new band; Warped tour is going well and the fans have been amazing; we’ve got new music to look forward to making; there’s just one more thing to be set right in order to complete the puzzle. I need to show you how much I love you and only you” his words made my ears perk up and I felt him release my hand and stop walking, causing me to turn and see the most unexpected sight before me.

Kneeling on one knee in the sand was Andy, an arm outstretched with a little black box lying in his palm just calling out to me.

“Andy…” I whispered, utterly lost for words.

Andy was proposing to me!

“Ashley, you’re the most important person in my life, more important than anyone. I want to spend every day of my life knowing I’ll never lose you and face every battle with you at my side. I want to wake up next to you and fall asleep in your arms every day and I want to be the person who can bring a special smile to your face. I want you to know how much I love you and never want you to worry about the validity of that statement. You’re my world, Ashy, the very centre of my life. You’re my rock, my best friend and the most wonderful boyfriend anyone could ever have. I don’t know what I did to deserve you but it must have been pretty spectacular. And now that I have you, now that I know what it’s like to be loved by you, I never want to let you go. All these nights we’ve spent together, some innocent, some a little more naughty… and that brings me to another thing. You were my first, Ashley and I want you to be my last. Simply put, I’ve never wanted anything more than to have you standing at my side for the rest of our lives.

So please, Ashley, would you do the me the honour of making me the happiest man alive and say yes to the next question I ask?

Ashley, will you marry me?”

I was still shocked and my heart was pounding at what could probably be considered a dangerous speed, but, I didn’t care.

Andy had done it, he’d found the perfect way to prove he only wants to be with me, a way I hadn’t even thought about.

Gazing down at him with adoring eyes, I could see the hope shining in his ocean blue ones.

Honestly, with an offer like that, I would be a fool to refuse.

“Yes, Andy, yes I will!” with that, I practically threw myself on him, knocking us both flat out on the sand while I attacked his lips with kisses. Despite the fact I would have been content to continue that for a long time, I pulled back when Andy tapped my side before waving the box in front of my face.

We positioned ourselves upright again with me in his lap and he opened the box and took out the ring inside of it. It was elegant, beautiful and – as I found out when he gently slid it onto my finger – a perfect fit.

How he found out my ring size, I’ll probably never know. Still it wasn’t the time for questions.

Just before he slid it onto my finger, he held out to me, asking me to look at the inside of the ring. Doing as I was told, I realised there was italicised engraving on the inside reading ‘Forever and Always’.

“Forever and always” I whispered aloud, the significance making my heart swell as the ring was placed on my finger, where it would stay forever.

“Yup” he agreed with a grin that could have given the Cheshire Cat a run for his money.

Underneath the stars, I felt weightless, like nothing could go wrong.

Perfection – I could use it to describe both Andy and the sensation I got because of him and only him. A sensation only I would get to experience.

Even from the start, I knew he was different.

I thought back to when we met, hundreds of memories flying around in my head of parties, college, Kier, Craig, my old apartment that was destroyed in a fire, my new apartment, being neighbours with Jinxx, starting a band, making it big, shootings, first time sleeping together, becoming boyfriends, everything.

Still in a state of euphoria, I leant forward to kiss Andy again, needing his kiss and contact like a drug.

“I love you, Andy”.

“I love you too, Ashley, forever and always”.

THE END.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my fucking God.
It's finished.

I just... I can't even...

Wow, I don't know where to start, guys, so I'll jump straight in!

First of all, thank you! Thank you so, so much! If you're reading this it means you stuck by me for 65,000 words and that is incredible, if you ask me!

Writing this and the prequel has been really amazing and all your lovely comments and feedback in the forms of recommendations (Mibba users), Votes (Wattpad users) and favourites (Quotev users) has been extraordinary!

Thanks for sticking with Andley through their adventure, I hope the ending didn't disappoint!

I guess it's time to mark this story as complete, thank you all for the continued support <3

Regrettably, this is the last author's note ever for this story but even though this story now done, I'll be starting others!

xo KilljoyAndProudOfIt (seriously, so much love to you all!)

Thank you :') <3